Photo
- - - - -

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS (Playstation 3 the Best) $39.99 shipped in play Asia

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

usually 2-3 weeks for me in DE

Thank a lot. By the way, does play Asia provide tracking number when they ship items normally? I do not have any tracking number.

#32 levrin

levrin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Since this is the Asian region version, does that mean I'd have to make yet another PSN account and try to figure out how to get money into it if I want to buy the DLC? I already had to make a second account for Japanese region and import PSN cards last time I wanted a Japanese game.

#33 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Since this is the Asian region version, does that mean I'd have to make yet another PSN account and try to figure out how to get money into it if I want to buy the DLC? I already had to make a second account for Japanese region and import PSN cards last time I wanted a Japanese game.

The DLC is compatible for Asian and Japanese regions no matter you download the dlc in Japan or Asian stores.

#34 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Really fun game. Imported it over the summer and have had a blast with it. Well worth the $40, even for non-Gundam fans like myself.

#35 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

The DLC is compatible for Asian and Japanese regions no matter you download the dlc in Japan or Asian stores.

Nice tip didn't know about that one hopefully there it's a easy way to get psn code in Asia

#36 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Nice tip didn't know about that one hopefully there it's a easy way to get psn code in Asia

Because my friend downloaded the "hi-nu" gundam dlc from the japan store, it is workable for his copy of asian copy.

#37 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

The one thing that kinda sucks is the multilayer. There's online multiplayer, but if you want to play against people locally 2v2 you need 4 copies of the game, 4 PS3s, and have them all connected to PSN.

#38 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Definitely one of my favorite gundam games in a long time (I'm a huge fan of the Gundam vs games). Few versions came out to the US on the PS2 (Federation vs Zeon and Gundam vs Zeta Gundam). Out of all the Gundam VS games, this is definitely one of my favorite followed by Rengou vs ZAFT II Plus.

Gundam Extreme Vs and Full Boost ("Sequel") are extremely popular in arcades in Japan. Not sure if we're getting a console Full Boost, but the PS3 version of Gundam Extreme vs are getting a LOT of DLC in terms of units from the sequel.

Trailer of Full Boost (it's not confirmed for PS3, despite the title):
bKee7VXUswY
PS3: Macross 30
PC: Tomb Raider
Vita (Black): Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Vita (White): Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
3DS XL: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Nexus 4: Final Fantasy Dimensions

#39 JazzFlight

JazzFlight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the heads up on this, I slowly worked my way through all the Gundam series over the past few years and I thought the original price was too steep. This is worth it just to be able to play as the Crossbone Gundam from the F91 spinoff manga series.

#40 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Thank a lot. By the way, does play Asia provide tracking number when they ship items normally? I do not have any tracking number.

Negative, they only have tracking on the FedEX ones...the economy do not come with tracking. Never had an issue, though

596772.png

#41 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still Encounters in Space IMO.

Spoiler

Journey to Jaburo had an even more awesome intro.

Federation Vs. Zeon

#42 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

I only know a tiny tiny bit of Japanese thanks to anime but I went ahead and ordered a copy. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Looked the game up, hearing great things about it. Region free ftw! Also for those who were on the fence like me because of the language barrier, there seems to be some websites/forums made to help English speaking players. Simple google search and you'll see (an example is the Gundam Extreme Vs thread on Neogaf).

#43 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:35 AM

If this was the Gundam Unicorn game I'd care...
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#44 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Maybe later we add psn each other, and have a match in that room for cag!

#45 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Maybe later we add psn each other, and have a match in that room for cag!

For sure. I'm ordering this, hopefully it won't be too hard to customize suits since I don't know Japanese.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#46 StrikeZero

StrikeZero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

If this was the Gundam Unicorn game I'd care...

Unicorn, Delta Plus, Sinanju, and Kshatriya are in the game.

For sure. I'm ordering this, hopefully it won't be too hard to customize suits since I don't know Japanese.

In the arcade mode there is no suit customization. In the the mission mode there is only suit upgrades to the power, boost, defense, hp, etc.

It's very straightforward upgrading.

#47 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Never imported a PS3 game before, but damn this one really might be the first, I liked the PSP games. Is this basically an upgraded version of those?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#48 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

Unicorn, Delta Plus, Sinanju, and Kshatriya are in the game.

In the arcade mode there is no suit customization. In the the mission mode there is only suit upgrades to the power, boost, defense, hp, etc.

It's very straightforward upgrading.

So are there no abilities to customize like gundam Musou? Well that sounds good either way.

If you guys want to play when you get yours, add me at skyye06.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#49 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Never imported a PS3 game before, but damn this one really might be the first, I liked the PSP games. Is this basically an upgraded version of those?

Did you try Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus? It's pretty close to that iteration (There are some system changes).

#50 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:45 AM

Did you try Gundam vs Gundam Next Plus? It's pretty close to that iteration (There are some system changes).

Yeah I did, thats awesome then, I'll look at some footage
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Have there been any Gundam games similar to the one for Dreamcast? I think it was called Side Story. You're a regular GM unit so even Zakus are enough to kill you. It also had branching missions, like if you let an enemy transport go, the enemy would agree to a cease-fire. There was also a premium disc where you could fight the RX-78, Guncannon, and Guntank and they were tough as hell. I would say that the game is like 08th MS Team: The Game.

#52 LancerEvoX

LancerEvoX

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 AM

Yeah I did, thats awesome then, I'll look at some footage

Maybe this will help? Or anyone who's new to the games.

lR4tupxJymM

#53 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Awesome. Now my body wants it, but my brain knows I won't have the time to play it for a while
Posted ImagePosted Image

#54 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Awesome. Now my body wants it, but my brain knows I won't have the time to play it for a while

Well..Now the game will ship in 5 to 15 days..

#55 Super Sonic

Super Sonic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still Encounters in Space IMO.

I like how he's all like "WHOA, I'm in OUTER SPACE O.o" before he goes on to single handedly obliterate two Zeon capital ships and numerous cutting edge Rick Dom mobile suits while everyone else is dicking off in the background. Good Job, Amuro! Do that a couple dozen more times and you will be propelled to the rank of... Ensign. :roll:

But seriously, I owned Journey to Jaburo and Fed Vs Zeon and I couldn't quite say either of them hit it out of the park, but they were close. Journey had mind blowing presentation, remixes of the 70's music so good, they no longer sounded cheese. The mobile suit models looked stunning, the cinematics were among the best I saw on the system and the extras were great. But the game itself blew. (To be fair, it did capture the authentic feel of trying to maneuver and dodge in a 60 ton war machine >.>)

Then you had Fed vs Zeon. Piss poor graphics. Piss poor music, (the exact same songs, but remixed horribly. Derp Derp Derp Derrrrrrrrrp! opening soundtrack...ugh) terrible presentation. (Instead of being sling shotted out of the White base ramp like in a show, they just "hop" out among a hundred other dumbed down small touches) bland cinematics ect. Also, the game engine is fucking awesome. I LOVED playing Fed vs Zeon. I just wish everything else didn't suck about it.

I swear, if they used the Fed vs Zeon game engine and coupled it with Journies' production values, they would have made the perfect Gundam game.

#56 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

Why does it always seem like Gundam capital ships are made of tissue paper? Do their weapon's destructive capabilities outpace their armor by that much?

#57 Talgrund

Talgrund

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Also, the game engine is fucking awesome. I LOVED playing Fed vs Zeon. I just wish everything else didn't suck about it.

I swear, if they used the Fed vs Zeon game engine and coupled it with Journies' production values, they would have made the perfect Gundam game.

Agreed. My old roommate and I played the hell out of Federation Vs. Zeon for a good 3-6 months. We ended up using Zaku's for everything we were so good at the game. Personally, one of the best Co-op games I've ever played.

#58 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

I am still waiting the game..one more week to go!!

#59 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Agreed. My old roommate and I played the hell out of Federation Vs. Zeon for a good 3-6 months. We ended up using Zaku's for everything we were so good at the game. Personally, one of the best Co-op games I've ever played.

Too bad this game online wise it's only vs, and split screen really sucks. I wish they added system link or lan

Hopefully next version feature a online cooperative arcade mode

#60 Super Sonic

Super Sonic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Why does it always seem like Gundam capital ships are made of tissue paper? Do their weapon's destructive capabilities outpace their armor by that much?

Having a giant sized beam rifle for your mobile suit was pretty srius biznis back in the one year war. It was like having a revolver during the civil war days to everyone elses one shot wonder.