Resident Evil 6 $18.99 with free shipping

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Price is dropping like an Ubisoft release.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure it sold a little better... but this is a good sign that the will be releasing some sort of add-on

OOS. I'm holding out for $10 through Gamefly. Why? REvelations is coming to consoles and was a million times better.

Darn.....and I thought the $25.00 price I paid back in November 2012 (Black Friday weekend) through the Microsoft Store was a good price.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Price is dropping like an Ubisoft release.[/QUOTE]

Lol this reminds me, I almost bought Far Cry 3 on amazon when it was the dotd, then I noticed the ubisoft label on the front and though "this will be cheaper."

Holding out for $15 on this. I'm betting there will be an @Gamer coupon for it at some point soon. Although, after tax, its about the same as this.

Thats $18.98 too much for this game! Kidding.....I must say though.....I was very disappointed in RE6! Great content wise but just a mess everywhere else. A few patches helped some things but still....Ridiculous button pressing, poor story, WAY over the top bosses with unbalanced fights, repetitive traveling, shoddy controls & camera...I could go on for hours at the little things as well! Since RE5, RE has lost a LOT of it's appeal for me. I did love REORC for a fun shooter even though it was mild on RE storyline.

[quote name='GunPanther']Darn.....and I thought the $25.00 price I paid back in November 2012 (Black Friday weekend) through the Microsoft Store was a good price.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the exact same thing,

[quote name='icp_00_111']How does this game stack up compared to RE5? I had alot of fun with that one.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe how much capcom messed RE6 up. It has a bad story and uses so many quick time events it's not even funny.

I say buy RE6 when it's under $10. Even than I feel like you will be paying $10 too much lol

[quote name='icp_00_111']How does this game stack up compared to RE5? I had alot of fun with that one.[/QUOTE]

It's terrible. I loved 4, 5, and Revelations (which all play roughly the same way) but 6 was just awful. Let me list off some problems I had with it...

The storyline is by far the stupidest yet. You can't upgrade or customize your weapons at all. Enemies are bullet sponges that don't react to being shot. Ridiculously strict timed events and QTEs. Nauseating camera.

Just pick up RE Revelations Unveiled Edition when that comes out. It's a far, far better game.

[quote name='Kenshindono']anyone heard anything on a 'gold' edition or anything for this? I was waiting for it to hit

[quote name='JKooL']Thats $18.98 too much for this game! Kidding.....I must say though.....I was very disappointed in RE6! Great content wise but just a mess everywhere else. A few patches helped some things but still....Ridiculous button pressing, poor story, WAY over the top bosses with unbalanced fights, repetitive traveling, shoddy controls & camera...I could go on for hours at the little things as well! Since RE5, RE has lost a LOT of it's appeal for me. I did love REORC for a fun shooter even though it was mild on RE storyline.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! I was (still am, I think) a huge fan of the RE series. But it needs some major saving... and the only way to do that is to go back to what worked.

Part of what pissed me off was how good everyone agreed RE4 was, but when RE5 came out, some dumb ass noobs/bad "so called" gamers (including some game critics) began complaining about things like how you can't run and shoot at the same time! WtF, I thought?! This is supposed to be SURVIVAL HORROR, not an action game. You are supposed to save your ammo and make your shots count, not run around like a scared pussy spraying bullets everywhere! Anyway, I think CapCom fell to the pressure of those assholes and came up with a couple of horrible titles like Operation Raccoon City, and now RE6.

They need to seriously get back to that adventure/RPG style survival-horror shooter that RE 4 & 5 were if they are going to resurrect this series. Hell, bring back the merchant as well. Everyone loved that creepy flashing SoB!

The RE6 Gold Edition is most likely an October 2013 release. This $20 vanilla RE6 trend is probably due to the Resident Evil Revelations coming to consoles soon.

Why is this thread still alive? The deal was dead less than an hour after it was posted and it now just serves to remind me of what I missed :cry:

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Why is this thread still alive? The deal was dead less than an hour after it was posted and it now just serves to remind me of what I missed :cry:[/QUOTE]

You see it as a reminder of what you missed, I see it as a close call. Just kidding, I'd pick this up too, but I'm sure another deal will come around. Hoping for $20 or less.

[quote name='KrazyGunner']The RE6 Gold Edition is most likely an October 2013 release. This $20 vanilla RE6 trend is probably due to the Resident Evil Revelations coming to consoles soon.[/QUOTE]

Nah... the fact that RE6 sucks terribly has more to do with it being offered for around $20 so soon after it's release than anything else. Because if it was any good, it'd still be selling at the $50-$60 range regardless of 'Revelations' coming to a home console.

[quote name='DieGo2SHAE']Why is this thread still alive? The deal was dead less than an hour after it was posted and it now just serves to remind me of what I missed :cry:[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? Don't worry more cheap offers for this lousy game are just around the corner, I'm sure.

To realize you saved your $!

[quote name='Xombie007']Totally agree! I was (still am, I think) a huge fan of the RE series. But it needs some major saving... and the only way to do that is to go back to what worked.

Part of what pissed me off was how good everyone agreed RE4 was, but when RE5 came out, some dumb ass noobs/bad "so called" gamers (including some game critics) began complaining about things like how you can't run and shoot at the same time! WtF, I thought?! This is supposed to be SURVIVAL HORROR, not an action game. You are supposed to save your ammo and make your shots count, not run around like a scared pussy spraying bullets everywhere! Anyway, I think CapCom fell to the pressure of those assholes and came up with a couple of horrible titles like Operation Raccoon City, and now RE6.

They need to seriously get back to that adventure/RPG style survival-horror shooter that RE 4 & 5 were if they are going to resurrect this series. Hell, bring back the merchant as well. Everyone loved that creepy flashing SoB![/QUOTE]

What killed RE5 for me was not the gameplay, but the Zombies. I want Zombies.....Not some African infected tribe that are human with parasites. The bosses were mostly those oil based mixture of things & let's not even talk about what they did to Wesker at the end! I miss the Code Veronica days. RE4 was great too although that's when Capcom started "testing" new waters so to speak with the human like creatures, but it still worked then.

I must say though I really love REORC but not because it was RE. It could have been a military shooter & I would have loved it. The fact it had RE involved killed it for most because they expected RE. Slant 6 games made it & they are Socom developers (as you could tell) If that would have had Socom on it...it would have sold well & been accepted. It still did well if you took it for what it was, but if you were expecting another RE game it was a big letdown.

RE6 is so annoying because of poor dialog, bad camera, new broken cover system & the constant repeated levels of doing the same thing over & over. Walk over this bridge, jump to next area, walk over that bridge, turn & walk over that bridge, jump again repeat repeat repeat! Enemies are recycled as well. The mini button games are just plain bad period! And whats with this enormous RE bosses lately? That is crazy too. Yea they look kool but this was about Zombies & now look what they turned into! It still for some reason sucks me in to wanting to play it but I cant play for extended periods of time like the old titles. It just gets too boring to quick.

I hear they are putting a Japanese voice patch in soon .

OK...rant over.

[quote name='JKooL']What killed RE5 for me was not the gameplay, but the Zombies. I want Zombies.....Not some African infected tribe that are human with parasites. The bosses were mostly those oil based mixture of things & let's not even talk about what they did to Wesker at the end! I miss the Code Veronica days. RE4 was great too although that's when Capcom started "testing" new waters so to speak with the human like creatures, but it still worked then.

I must say though I really love REORC but not because it was RE. It could have been a military shooter & I would have loved it. The fact it had RE involved killed it for most because they expected RE. Slant 6 games made it & they are Socom developers (as you could tell) If that would have had Socom on it...it would have sold well & been accepted. It still did well if you took it for what it was, but if you were expecting another RE game it was a big letdown.

RE6 is so annoying because of poor dialog, bad camera, new broken cover system & the constant repeated levels of doing the same thing over & over. Walk over this bridge, jump to next area, walk over that bridge, turn & walk over that bridge, jump again repeat repeat repeat! Enemies are recycled as well. The mini button games are just plain bad period! And whats with this enormous RE bosses lately? That is crazy too. Yea they look kool but this was about Zombies & now look what they turned into! It still for some reason sucks me in to wanting to play it but I cant play for extended periods of time like the old titles. It just gets too boring to quick.

I hear they are putting a Japanese voice patch in soon .

OK...rant over.[/QUOTE]

LOL... infected humans--whether they be African tribesmen, or Spaniard villagers and cultists (from RE4)--ARE zombies! They're just not the slow-moving zombies of older RE titles that you seem to prefer. Well, as the viruses/parasites evolved throughout the series, so do those who are infected by them I suppose. But it's okay though, since your characters can also move faster in RE4 & 5 than in previous titles. I liked the RPG elements that they put into 4 & 5 allowing you to buy and upgrade weapons and gear, and collect all sorts of loot and treasure. In RE 4, you could even increase your life meter with the use of yellow herbs. That's just like leveling up (lol). It also showed your hit/miss accuracy rating for each sub-chapter. Had mine up to 99.9%... couldn't get a perfect 100 no matter how many times I played through that game.

Anyway, those games were tons of fun. Especially liked the chainsaw and gatling gun mini-bosses in both RE 4 & 5. Yes, the level bosses were a bit big and varied, but that's what made it fun. It'd be boring if all of them were just bigger stronger zombies (aka Tyrants). I agree with the repetitiveness and overuse of QT events and action-required cinematic sequences in RE6 though. They should've thought that through. Well, I'm sure Revelations will be better if it plays anything like the handheld version.

[quote name='Xombie007']LOL... infected humans--whether they be African tribesmen, or Spaniard villagers and cultists (from RE4)--ARE zombies! They're just not the slow-moving zombies of older RE titles that you seem to prefer. Well, as the viruses/parasites evolved throughout the series, so do those who are infected by them I suppose. But it's okay though, since your characters can also move faster in RE4 & 5 than in previous titles. I liked the RPG elements that they put into 4 & 5 allowing you to buy and upgrade weapons and gear, and collect all sorts of loot and treasure. In RE 4, you could even increase your life meter with the use of yellow herbs. That's just like leveling up (lol). It also showed your hit/miss accuracy rating for each sub-chapter. Had mine up to 99.9%... couldn't get a perfect 100 no matter how many times I played through that game.

Anyway, those games were tons of fun. Especially liked the chainsaw and gatling gun mini-bosses in both RE 4 & 5. Yes, the level bosses were a bit big and varied, but that's what made it fun. It'd be boring if all of them were just bigger stronger zombies (aka Tyrants). I agree with the repetitiveness and overuse of QT events and action-required cinematic sequences in RE6 though. They should've thought that through. Well, I'm sure Revelations will be better if it plays anything like the handheld version.[/QUOTE]

You are right. There are some great RE elements that keep you coming back. But man did they take a new direction that apparently a lot did not like! Check the RE news just released tonight on IGN! Just in time to restore my faith...I HOPE! Capcom said after RE6 disappointing a lot of fans, they are going back to RE's roots! THANK GOODNESS!

[quote name='takotchi']
. . .Enemies are bullet sponges that don't react to being shot. . . .[/QUOTE]

The are zombies and BOWs, zombies shouldn't react to getting shot and BOWs should bruh it off.

bread's done
Back