Best Buy - 3DSXL on sale for $169.99

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#61 Vegastar

Vegastar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Revelations coming to all consoles (including Wii U) and PC...no reason to get it for the small screen 3ds XL.

http://www.gamespot....oles-pc-6402719

Unless you'd rather pay less than half the cost for the same game, but portable. 50 dollar digital download in may vs. 18 bucks before discounts at gamestop. Bonus points for being the best use of 3d thus far on the system.

#62 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I think the console port is going to be a mediocre cash grab, solely targeted at those who have never played it. Capcom will probably use the exact same graphics and call it hd. They could have at least added an additional chapter (which were all short anyways) -- instead there is just a single new enemy.

#63 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Going to BB during lunch to pick one up today. My launch 3DS will be going up on eBay this weekend. I've wanted an XL since it was announced. $200 always seemed way too much money.

#64 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Unless you'd rather pay less than half the cost for the same game, but portable. 50 dollar digital download in may vs. 18 bucks before discounts at gamestop. Bonus points for being the best use of 3d thus far on the system.

Currently playing it on 3ds XL and loving it. I'd buy and play it again on PC if it'll work in 3D, hopefully they'll add rumble support too.

Edit: You can take that as a glowing review for the 3ds XL too, sure it has it's flaws ... 3D sweet spot being the main one, then again when I was a kid I thought anaglyph 3D was awesome and believed every movie should be in it.

#65 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Really tempted by this...Sold my 3ds a while back thinking no games were coming out and then i get hit by all these new releases this year. I'm a huge fire emblem fan and knowing that is coming out this week is not helping haha. Only thing holding me back are the color choices since i wish they have black. Also, should i just wait for a new bundle like pokemon or animal crossing..or just go ahead and pick up a regular 3ds instead of xl..

#66 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Really tempted by this...Sold my 3ds a while back thinking no games were coming out and then i get hit by all these new releases this year. I'm a huge fire emblem fan and knowing that is coming out this week is not helping haha. Only thing holding me back are the color choices since i wish they have black. Also, should i just wait for a new bundle like pokemon or animal crossing..or just go ahead and pick up a regular 3ds instead of xl..

I was in the same boat as far as the color goes, I wound up getting red and then picked up a black aluminum "shell" on eBay, for $4 or $5. It just snaps on, pretty snug, hasnt come off at all. There's a few visible red areas, mostly around the sd slot, but its really not that bad. Plus it wasn't just aluminum it's got something like felt on the inside to protect the 3ds XL. I know I'm not helping am I? :D

#67 Hoffer

Hoffer

I've got a 10" CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I picked up a blue 3DS XL today. :)

I forgot about being able to transfer stuff from one 3DS to another. I'll be doing that tonight.

#68 jefexp

jefexp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I was in the same boat as far as the color goes, I wound up getting red and then picked up a black aluminum "shell" on eBay, for $4 or $5. It just snaps on, pretty snug, hasnt come off at all. There's a few visible red areas, mostly around the sd slot, but its really not that bad. Plus it wasn't just aluminum it's got something like felt on the inside to protect the 3ds XL. I know I'm not helping am I? :D

Dammit! Haha you're not helping! Fire emblem is killing me but I feel like it'll be a lot more worth it if I wait for more games and the inevitable bundles/other colors.

#69 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

Is there any word on more colors coming than red or blue? I really wanted the XL but the colors suck. Right now im probably gonna just open up my Fire Emblem 3DS bundle, or just leave it sealed and wait for a good XL color down the line, but i havent seen any info on more colors/bundles for the XL any time soon =(
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#70 Yamo0765

Yamo0765

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Was on the fence about this yesterday, so I decided to hold off until today. Just checked again, and the online price is back to $200.

#71 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Was on the fence about this yesterday, so I decided to hold off until today. Just checked again, and the online price is back to $200.

Yeah, that sucks. I assumed it would be good through Saturday and change back when the Sunday ad came out.

#72 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

It supposed to be 169.99 but this 2 day sale messed everything up online. It's supposedly being fixed.

#73 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

It supposed to be 169.99 but this 2 day sale messed everything up online. It's supposedly being fixed.

I think you may be right. When you go to the 3DS page it still has the $30 off promo showing, but price reflects MSRP. Hope it gets fixed.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat232900050000

#74 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Ugh, I just bought a 3DS from Amazon the other day. I'd return it and buy from BB, but I used a ton of Amazon credit, so it's not really worth it. Great deal, though. This is the cheapest we've seen the 3DS so far, no?

No best buy had it for 159.99 before christmas. I PMed my blue MK7 bundle at target, it stacked with their sale and they gave me a $20 with it. As a bonus I had a coupon for another $10gc with a purchase of $50 and used the RED CARD for another 5%off! :drool: my best christmas purchase....it still sits unopened.lol
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#75 MrSneis

MrSneis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Picked one up yesterday; I'm still waiting on my RZ Mobile 5000 points to show up aka $100 off once I get them (awful awful experience calling in about them so far fwiw). Fingers crossed they will let me apply the certs to the purchase at the $170 price. Bought this solely to play fire Emblem which it looks like will be hard to find if you did not pre-order!
Virtual Hydlide, Bad Dudes

#76 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Hopefully the $30 off is still valid was planning on picking one up tomorrow using $200 in reward zone certificates.

#77 Rich Hurtz

Rich Hurtz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Hopefully the $30 off is still valid was planning on picking one up tomorrow using $200 in reward zone certificates.

I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping it'll still be going tomorrow so I could go and pick one up. Though I don't have the 200 from reward zone.

#78 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

I did the online chat help thing and was told i could call customer service and they would override the price to get me the $30 off.

Hopefully it's still the same price instore tomorrow.

#79 Uncrushable Pigeon

Uncrushable Pigeon

11 Dimensions of Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

I did the online chat help thing and was told i could call customer service and they would override the price to get me the $30 off.

Hopefully it's still the same price instore tomorrow.

That's great! I called my local store and it sounds like I am SOL there. I feel so dumb for not going for this last night when I first saw it! And I don't think have time tonight to order. :(

#80 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

local store price was $199.99?

if you search for 3ds on bestbuy.com it shows the $30 off 3dsxl

also shows $30 off on the official bestbuy app as well and shows that it expires 2/3/13

#81 Uncrushable Pigeon

Uncrushable Pigeon

11 Dimensions of Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

local store price was $199.99?

if you search for 3ds on bestbuy.com it shows the $30 off 3dsxl

also shows $30 off on the official bestbuy app as well and shows that it expires 2/3/13

Yeah, looks like the deal itself shows up but isn't being reflected in the pricing. Annoying but at least I didn't miss it after all. :)

#82 Bonzaixx1

Bonzaixx1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

So is it going back to $169 then? Dealzon says the deal expired (http://dealzon.com/d...ds-xl-blueblack), but it would make sense if this was an error since the deal is still mentioned on the Best Buy site.

#83 postureking

postureking

Cabeza Shrinker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

Picked up a 3DS XL in store tonight. It was marked on the shelf at $169.99, and rang up $169.99. I was happy to see that it was still in the price as I've been waffling all week on this one.

#84 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

will still wait a bit. want some different colors

#85 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:33 AM

ugh, I am still deciding if I should get it or not >.<

#86 baekd

baekd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

ugh, I am still deciding if I should get it or not >.<

I'm still on the fence about this one. Don't know if I should buy the red one and put the Monster Hunter XL case on it, or just wait for a color that I really want.

Still have till tomorrow to decide right?!:headache::headache::headache:

#87 TheFirst109

TheFirst109

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Haha that was my same dilemma: I hate the colors but thought maybe I could deal by putting the monster hunter case on it.

Still not sure what to do.

#88 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

I want one, but I'm going to wait for a different color or a limited release. My Zelda 3DS will do for now...for now.

#89 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

is this instore only? check the website so I could look at the colors once again.

#90 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Hahaha I somehow managed to brainwash my sister into getting one of these by telling her I'd pay half the cost if I could play it whenever I want. I know she'll get tired of it eventually and sell me her half for cheap down the line, so it's a win-win for me lol.