Best Buy - 3DSXL on sale for $169.99

I only see the regular 3DS XLs listed, not the bundles, at least online. I wish there were some other color choices. I am not crazy about the red or blue. Not that I have the money for this right now either way. But a good find, OP.

[quote name='Ni9HTshade']Would this include the $200 Mario Kart 7 bundle as well or does Best Buy not sell that bundle?[/QUOTE]You could always try your luck at a store, though it's a gamble since the bundle isn't on their website anymore.

I don't suppose anyone happens to know the SKU for the Mario Kart 7 bundle...?

[quote name='Vigilante']You could always try your luck at a store, though it's a gamble since the bundle isn't on their website anymore.[/QUOTE]

This. I was looking for the AC3: Liberation Vita Bundle and it's no longer on the BB website. My local store manager was able to find it for me and had it brought in.

Not saying all store managers will do this, but just an example that even though it's not on the site, does not necessarily mean it's not in store.

I saw this price on Sunday and it made the decision of Vita vs. 3DS XL even more difficult. In the end, I had to go with the game type/library *I* wanted more.

I think I might pick one of these up and sell my launch 3DS. I'd like that bigger screen. Plus, I have a card that will give me 3x reward zone points for any one purchase.

It's a great gaming machine! I recommend everyone to get one; I've had one since almost one month since launch (and then upgraded to an XL) and it's worth it. Don't go for the OG 3DS anymore, the battery, general build, and screens in the XL are way better.

Great games I'd recommend include:
Virtue's Last Reward (if you played 999)
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Super Mario 3D Land
Resident Evil: Revelations
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask

[quote name='Hoffer']I think I might pick one of these up and sell my launch 3DS. I'd like that bigger screen. Plus, I have a card that will give me 3x reward zone points for any one purchase.[/QUOTE]I have that same card, but since I have my Pitch-In Card, which has more than enough credit to cover the cost, I think the 3x card will go unused. :cry:

I mean, my choices are either (a) buy the XL with my Pitch-In Card or (b) buy the XL with my credit card and the 3x card to get 510 RZ points = $10 in certificates.

Do you guys think this will last until Friday? It's actually a great deal since I had to pick up a 3DS XL for my little brother. At least this way I can pick him up a good game too.

[quote name='ProudLoz']Do you guys think this will last until Friday? It's actually a great deal since I had to pick up a 3DS XL for my little brother. At least this way I can pick him up a good game too.[/QUOTE]

Unless it is tagged as a two day sale it should run until close of the business hours on Saturday

[quote name='Hoffer']I think I might pick one of these up and sell my launch 3DS. I'd like that bigger screen. Plus, I have a card that will give me 3x reward zone points for any one purchase.[/QUOTE]

What card gives you 3x reward zone?

Anybody need $170 in Gamestop credit? I've been waiting for a 3DS XL sale at GS that is apparently never going to come. This would be a great deal for me if somebody had BB credit (or cash) they wanted to part with...

Tabe

Typical Best Buy. I ordered a 3DS XL last week at $179.99. I called today to get it price matched to $169.99. I had a really hard time understanding the lady she had a deep raspy voice but we managed to get through the price match part of the conversation.

I should have gotten a credit of $10 + tax ($.50) back to my MasterCard and I just received an e-mail stating:

A credit in the amount of $30.00 has been applied to the order you placed on 01/25/2013. You are receiving this credit because of a price difference.

I really really like Best Buy as a company but sometimes they shoot themselves in the foot.

Lowest I came across at BB was $159.99.
It's kind of BS that the Pink one is still at $199 - been waiting for that one to be in store so I can exchange my blue for the pink. Weak Sauce!!!

Ugh, I just bought a 3DS from Amazon the other day. I'd return it and buy from BB, but I used a ton of Amazon credit, so it's not really worth it. Great deal, though. This is the cheapest we've seen the 3DS so far, no?

[quote name='drktrpr1']Ugh, I just bought a 3DS from Amazon the other day. I'd return it and buy from BB, but I used a ton of Amazon credit, so it's not really worth it. Great deal, though. This is the cheapest we've seen the 3DS so far, no?[/QUOTE]

How did you manage to buy a 3DS from Amazon? From a 3rd party seller? And you can use AZ credit on orders place on Amazon that aren't sold by Amazon?

hey CAGs, i just bought a 3ds xl at walmart about 3 days ago and im wondering if i can price match this ad at walmart. Does walmart do after purchase price matching to best buy?

[quote name='GBAstar'] And you can use AZ credit on orders place on Amazon that aren't sold by Amazon?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can use Amazon credit on anything Amazon sells on their site, no matter who the actual seller is.

Tabe

[quote name='Jackstylez']hey CAGs, i just bought a 3ds xl at walmart about 3 days ago and im wondering if i can price match this ad at walmart. Does walmart do after purchase price matching to best buy?[/QUOTE]
Yes.

Tabe

[quote name='Jackstylez']hey CAGs, i just bought a 3ds xl at walmart about 3 days ago and im wondering if i can price match this ad at walmart. Does walmart do after purchase price matching to best buy?[/QUOTE]

If you bring in a physical ad the store is more than usually happy to work with you. I've pm'd dozens of games from Best Buy ads after I bought them from WalMart.

[quote name='teh_minus']If you bring in a physical ad the store is more than usually happy to work with you. I've pm'd dozens of games from Best Buy ads after I bought them from WalMart.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, i knew some stores did it, but wasnt sure walmart did

Has anyone ever done a license transfer at a BB store? I'm selling my PS3 tomorrow and maybe I'll trade my original 3ds and buy an XL if I can transfer my license right there. It seems like they would frown on it though.

[quote name='TimesTicking']What was the lowest price that 3DS XL been?
Is it a good price to get it at $170 + tax?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy had it for $160 before Christmas. Some were able to price match it to Target and get a $20 gift card on top of that. This price included the Mario Kart 7 bundle.

[quote name='Methoes']Lowest I came across at BB was $159.99.
It's kind of BS that the Pink one is still at $199 - been waiting for that one to be in store so I can exchange my blue for the pink. Weak Sauce!!![/QUOTE]You may have a tough time finding a pink one in-store. They are not a "regular" color for the 3DS XLs. Limited production run.

Our area has been completely sold out for the last few weeks and there is no word on a restock.

What's best buys price match policy?

If i buy the 3ds xl this week and then they have another sale for cheaper. How long can i do price adjustments on it for?

Also will they do a price adjustment/match?

Say 3 weeks from now target has it for $159.99 but best buy doesn't. Can i take my receipt in and have them match the $159.99 price from target or will they only price adjustment from their own sales?

[quote name='icpmattj']What's best buys price match policy?

If i buy the 3ds xl this week and then they have another sale for cheaper. How long can i do price adjustments on it for?

Also will they do a price adjustment/match?

Say 3 weeks from now target has it for $159.99 but best buy doesn't. Can i take my receipt in and have them match the $159.99 price from target or will they only price adjustment from their own sales?[/QUOTE]

I think it is 30 days, 60 days if you are Reward Zone Silver.

Already have a 3DS, but I do want this. I just don't want to go through the hassle of having to eBay my current system.

Plus, the colors...

Damn, I really want to buy one now, lol! Especially for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Argh!

What are some other good games for the 3DS? I really want one but I don't see justifying the purchase just for one game.

Etrian Odyssey IV is coming out soon. That and Fire Emblem are the 2 titles that are starting to make me think about getting one. But not sure I could go back to carrying all my carts around when I go on a trip.

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Damn, I really want to buy one now, lol! Especially for Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Argh!

What are some other good games for the 3DS? I really want one but I don't see justifying the purchase just for one game.[/QUOTE]

I know Ill be getting one this Friday for fire emblem!

There's also monster hunter 3 ultimate, castlevania lords of shadow, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, shin megami tensei soul hackers, etrian odyssey IV, project x zone, pokemon X and Y, plus the inevitable Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, shin megami tensei IV, new super smash bros. and monster hunter 4.

plus I still need to play Kingdom Hearts 3D, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask and Adventure time.

I'm going to return a 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle back to BBY soon don't know when, if anybody in the Inland Empire is interested in getting it let me know.

Nothing wrong with the the system, I just happened to score a new 3DS XL for $60 and don't need it anymore.

Is this price in store as well? I just picked one up on sale last week for $179.99. It would be nice if I could get the $10 refunded back.

[quote name='ToxicTwistOfFate']Is this price in store as well? I just picked one up on sale last week for $179.99. It would be nice if I could get the $10 refunded back.[/QUOTE]

You can always go in and price match it. They'd be more than happy to.

Also, is this worth picking up now? I'm eyeing a MK7 bundle at my local BB, but I'm hesitant because I fear of a price drop in the near future.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Wasn't this cheaper before? Why would we buy it at 10 dollars extra?[/QUOTE]
They did have a sale that was cheaper in December but that doesn't mean people took advantage of it. I'm sure it will get a price drop later in 2013, probably around holiday time but it's still a good price for anyone who wants to pick up up right now.

I have a ten dollar Reward Zone bucks, it will cover the taxes... lol Maybe I can swing this, otherwise I'll have to wait and hope for a new deal this month.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Wasn't this cheaper before? Why would we buy it at 10 dollars extra?[/QUOTE]

This is the cheapest I believe, other than the BF $180 with $20 GC IIRC. They bought theirs last week for $180, this week's sale was advertised. It's been around all week, but this is the first thread I've seen for the sale.

[quote name='Geco17']You can always go in and price match it. They'd be more than happy to.

Also, is this worth picking up now? I'm eyeing a MK7 bundle at my local BB, but I'm hesitant because I fear of a price drop in the near future.[/QUOTE]
If you can wait, there is no reason to get one now. Of course it will drop in price the longer you hold off. :)

[quote name='Geco17']This is the cheapest I believe, other than the BF $180 with $20 GC IIRC. They bought theirs last week for $180, this week's sale was advertised. It's been around all week, but this is the first thread I've seen for the sale.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it was $10 cheaper ($159.99) last month for about a week.

That's when I picked up mine with a PM @ Target.

Thanks for the response. I don't need it now, but it'd be nice to snag one with MK7 while it's still there. It's a present for the little bro

[quote name='Geco17']Thanks for the response. I don't need it now, but it'd be nice to snag one with MK7 while it's still there. It's a present for the little bro[/QUOTE]
Then I'd say it's a perfect time to pick one up! :)

[quote name='Optical']What card gives you 3x reward zone?[/QUOTE]

I got something from Best Buy last week. It had a bonus $5 reward certificate and a 3x card. Only silver premier members got it I think. Don't ask me how I became a silver premier reward zone member. I honestly don't spend that much money at Best Buy.

Both cards expire this weekend. I spent the $5 Monday on a $7 Blu-ray, because I didn't want it to go to waste. Wish I'd known about this 3DS. I would have put the $5 towards it.

I think I'll go pick one up tomorrow.

[quote name='Hoffer']I got something from Best Buy last week. It had a bonus $5 reward certificate and a 3x card. Only silver premier members got it I think. Don't ask me how I became a silver premier reward zone member. I honestly don't spend that much money at Best Buy.

Both cards expire this weekend. I spent the $5 Monday on a $7 Blu-ray, because I didn't want it to go to waste. Wish I'd known about this 3DS. I would have put the $5 towards it.

I think I'll go pick one up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Just be sure to check your rewardzone afterwards. For some reason my 3X did not apply to my Vita purchase so I need to call them up. It shows they applied it on the receipt, but the point value I earned is not 3X.

[quote name='kyo645']I know Ill be getting one this Friday for fire emblem!

There's also monster hunter 3 ultimate, castlevania lords of shadow, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, shin megami tensei soul hackers, etrian odyssey IV, project x zone, pokemon X and Y, plus the inevitable Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, shin megami tensei IV, new super smash bros. and monster hunter 4.

plus I still need to play Kingdom Hearts 3D, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Professor Layton and The Miracle Mask and Adventure time.[/QUOTE]

Damn bro, you got me! Haha. Looks like I shall pick it up today, possibly. :)

bread's done
Back