Microsoft XBOX 360 Essentials Pack + Doom 3 = $49.99 + $10 OFF @ Newegg.com

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#31 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

FWIW, I think they use the shipping/billing address to check, I could not get the coupon code to work even with a new CC until I changed the address I used.
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#32 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

I ordered one and they called me to "verify" my order. That was weird. :roll:

512847.png

#33 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

Well I chatted with customer Service and they told me that the code would only work after 24hr. of my new account.I ended up asking them what am I supposed to do if its out of stock tomorrow and they ended up giving some random response that had nothing to do with my question and I just told them "alright I guess I wont order it then" and the person gave me a $10 off promo code. Now I guess I wont have to worry about tomorrow.

There CS is a joke and reply with wrong answers... They used to rock in support.

#34 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

I just tested doing an order again and the $0.99 "3DS game selector" definitely works as a filler item. The $10 off still works too by just creating another account.

To those having problems:

1. Make sure it's a new account (i.e. an account that hasn't ordered from Newegg before).
2. Add the Xbox Essentials Pack
3. Add the $0.99 3DS game selector (http://www.newegg.co....82E16878501041)
4. Enter "NEWCUSTOMER" promo code.
5. The $10 discount will NOT show up in the Order List and Sub Total section, rather will appear on top of the Grand Total near the bottom of the page as:

Remove NEWCUSTOMER Discount From Promo Code -$10.00

I only went in for one when I originally posted this deal. But just for kicks, I tried ordering again. And this time I even tried multiple quantities and it still went in!
Now I have 3 Essential Packs with Doom 3 on my way LOL! I figured I can easily sell off everything except the wireless controllers for around the price I paid, so I'll basically be getting 3 XBOX wireless controllers for FREE. Not bad at all. ;)

Posted Image

Nice to bad i need this money for ds3/aliens ce and walking dead series 2 figs..

#35 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:44 AM

It's not working for me even after making new acct .I assume the reason why is the shipping address they have on file
Posted Image

#36 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

It's not working for me even after making new acct .I assume the reason why is the shipping address they have on file

With your new account, try changing your address just a bit.

For example, if the address on your old account has abbreviations like "St", "Rd", "Rte" etc., spell it out completely on the new account i.e. Street, Road, Route etc.

#37 Xenokai

Xenokai

Competition between PS4/XONE saved gaming.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Heres a nice little tip about the media remote.... During gameplay and such you can use the media remote to control your music without having to bring up the guide menu everytime. Once you start your music via the guide menu simply use the forward/rewind or play/pause button to control the music and change tracks and such. Been doing it like that since the system released and its great.

#38 SkylineChili4Me

SkylineChili4Me

CAG with Cheese, Please!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

With your new account, try changing your address just a bit.

For example, if the address on your old account has abbreviations like "St", "Rd", "Rte" etc., spell it out completely on the new account i.e. Street, Road, Route etc.

I was able to get the coupon to work simply by adding a second period to the street abbreviation, "Ct.." instead of "Ct."

In for one - thanks, OP!

#39 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:09 AM

How much is the trade in on Doom 3?

#40 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:39 AM

16.50 this week at BB (50% bonus + 10% GCU).

22.00 next week IF the TIV holds when they switch back to 100% (+ 10% GCU) -- it's like getting the Pack for only ~$19! :D

Edited by Chedeng88, 30 January 2013 - 03:18 PM.

#41 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

I ordered one and they called me to "verify" my order. That was weird. :roll:

Weird indeed. Did you order multiple quantities?

#42 DarkMario616

DarkMario616

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

$1 for the 3DS game selector...what a no brainer.

Ordered lol.

#43 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Not bad. That's a lot of stuff for $50. Thanks OP.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#44 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

I got one, hoping I can sell most of it. The 3DS game selector sells regularly on ebay for $5-$10, so theres that

#45 BigBizzee

BigBizzee

I feel asleep....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

I grabbed one without the code, still a great deal. So what are the chances newegg refunds me a little on the essentials pack that I just paid more for three days ago?

#46 DirtySeeSaw

DirtySeeSaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Well, I'm tempted. I want the game, I would like a media remote, you could never have enough XBL and I could probably sell the controller. However, do I want to drop $50. Hmmm...

Same here. I already have 4 controllers, $41 minus what I can get for the controller might be worth it.

#47 Shaimun

Shaimun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I grabbed one without the code, still a great deal. So what are the chances newegg refunds me a little on the essentials pack that I just paid more for three days ago?

I contacted customer service via chat. They refunded me $8 dollars.

#48 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Thanks OP ordered one. I have 3 controllers, but only 1 of them is wireless, and it'll probably need to be replaced at some points. I'm not into 1st person shooters so I'll trade the game to offset my cost a bit. Not sure if I want more xbl time. I guess I can trade that and the remote with someone.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#49 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

Sold out?! That figures. First deal I was truly excited about in awhile.

76561197977061647.png

#50 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Sold out?! That figures. First deal I was truly excited about in awhile.

You and me both, buddy. Except for this deal, there seems to be an abundance of good deals for PS3 and a disturbing dearth of good deals for Xbox 360 lately. Maybe I bought the wrong console on Black Friday. I just wish I had the money while the deal was still good. I really needed a second controller and this deal was too good to pass up, but the depressing state of my wallet prevented me from getting it.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#51 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Sold Out
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Banjora

Banjora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Aye I waited too long also to pull the trigger, sadly sold out. Thank you for the post OP.

#53 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

incase anyone is wondering HDMI either works or it doesn't, so if you already have an HDMI cable with your xbox there is no reason to switch it out they are the same.

HDMI works at 100% or doesn't work at all (0%) there is no in between.

#54 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Weird indeed. Did you order multiple quantities?

Just ordered one for $41. They called and asked me to tell her what was in my order and what kind of payment I used. I told her and she said my purchase was complete. Found it strange. Order went through so im happy I will finally have my own second controller and media remote. I usually just keep one wireless controller and replace it as they break. Gone through two in six years. By the way thanks for posting the deal!

512847.png

#55 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Would had loved to jump on this deal after dusted off my 2 controllers that I had in the basement and none of them turn unless I connect them to my Xbox.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#56 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

Thanks OP! Jumped on this the other day! Someone gave me an Xbox 360!:D
DANCE CENTRALLLLLLL!!!!!!!! Damn exclusives, lol.

'Might' only end up keeping the controller from this bundle, lol. Making it, essentially, free!:D

Smooth transaction, no tax.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#57 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

in case this comes back, is the controller the old black one or the newer glossy finish?

#58 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

in case this comes back, is the controller the old black one or the newer glossy finish?

probably the newest since it comes with the new style media remote

#59 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Holy shit newegg has fast shipping .I ordered on Tuesday night and I just received it tonight and I picked free shipping so kudos to you newegg for a job well done
Posted Image

#60 Chedeng88

Chedeng88

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Holy shit newegg has fast shipping .I ordered on Tuesday night and I just received it tonight and I picked free shipping so kudos to you newegg for a job well done

Mine will arrive tomorrow as per tracking. Pretty good for FS :)

How's the bundle? Everything okay?