Now or Never- Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition Amazon France 54 left

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#91 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, I went ahead and grabbed one. I hope it is actually the UK version, where the box and manuals are in english as well, but if not no big deal, it's still worth it for the english wizards companion.

I've never ordered from any international Amazon before, to those that have, how is there packaging and shipping methods? Does service and packaging vary greatly from country to country, or do they all operate about as well as the US operation?

#92 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

I grabbed one as well - thank you for the heads up :) That plush is too cute

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#93 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

If I had to guess the voice acting will be japanese and english with a plethora of subtitles, probably english, japanese, french, german, etc.

Again, this is just guessing but there's no reason why they couldn't do it this way.

That's how they do games for Europe, generally. Just put everything on it at once. Cause there are like 500 languages over there and everyone knows 7 of them :lol:

#94 LoveAndBeer

LoveAndBeer

AKA: jstew9

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Went ahead and ordered one. Not sure it is my wisest investment ever (since I plan to play the game).

I'm also assuming since it doesn't ship until 2/22 we can always cancel (just like Amazon US) if I decide to pass.

Still, order is ordered.
The battle's done, and we kind of won, so we sound our victory cheer

#95 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

I think the only issue we would have here is if there is DLC. That can be region locked right? So you would have to make a french account to redeem it or something?

ach.png

#96 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I'm assuming at this point in the game Amazon.fr is the only option? UK, Germany all sold out?

#97 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm assuming at this point in the game Amazon.fr is the only option? UK, Germany all sold out?

Yup, UK, Germany, Italy, US all sold out.

ach.png

#98 wizard341

wizard341

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Thanks! I had originally held off on buying the US collectors edition because I only wanted the book and the game. But seeing that the book is going upwards of 250 on Ebay, it looks like this is the cheapest I will find it.

#99 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Why the hell are these offered on Amazon sites around the world, but the US only had access through DR? Ridiculous! In any case, thanks for the updates. I ordered the French version. The compendium is the main item I am interested in.

Posted Image

#100 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Why the hell are these offered on Amazon sites around the world, but the US only had access through DR? Ridiculous! In any case, thanks for the updates. I ordered the French version. The compendium is the main item I am interested in.

because it is not call of duty, most jrpgs have low demands in the US. Ni no kuni was an rare exception/case

#101 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

I put an order in... thanks for bumping the thread.

Now I can keep my US version sealed and play and open this when it arrives.... in march

#102 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yay, in for 1!

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As/Dragon's Crown, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014

#103 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

From Chicago I'll and it looks like it won't ship to my address. Am I doing something wrong?

#104 AznKid

AznKid

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the restock. I grabbed one... shipping... ouch, but still.

#105 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

From Chicago I'll and it looks like it won't ship to my address. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using a PO Box? I think they don't ship to those.

#106 nightmarishhero

nightmarishhero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

No. But I tried logging on and off and that made it work. Logging on first then adding to cart total was 128 usd

#107 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

It's there indeed. But, wow. $127.xx shipped. I can't do it. Especially without it being as good as the US version. I'll continue to hold out hope that they reprint the US Wizards Edition, which I suppose there is little to no hope for, but oh well.
Posted Image

#108 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

How does Amazon ship international? Do they use local postal from that country, or do they use UPS or Fed Ex with proper tracking?

#109 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

When I ordered the Harry Potter Blu-ray collection from Amazon UK, it was shipped without tracking. I'm sure you can pay more for shipping and get tracking, but the cheap shipping was blind.
Posted Image

#110 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's there indeed. But, wow. $127.xx shipped. I can't do it. Especially without it being as good as the US version. I'll continue to hold out hope that they reprint the US Wizards Edition, which I suppose there is little to no hope for, but oh well.

I'm pretty sure I read something official stating that they absolutely will NOT be doing a reprint. I'll have to poke around later to dig up the quote but I think it was part of their apology statement.

#111 crunchewy

crunchewy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

This is a case where a reprint would sell out as well (as long as they don't go hog wild), and earn them more money, and still the thing would sell for lots on ebay for those inclined do that. Of course I say that from the perspective of someone who didn't get one. LOL!
Posted Image

#112 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

When I ordered the Harry Potter Blu-ray collection from Amazon UK, it was shipped without tracking. I'm sure you can pay more for shipping and get tracking, but the cheap shipping was blind.

Yeah, they did offer express, but I'm in no rush. So as long as it shows up in one piece, I'm cool.

#113 Edzo04

Edzo04

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Never bought from third world countrys before how will it work?

lol this made me laugh

#114 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm assuming this does not include the Ninostarter items? That would include the coin and art prints?

Posted Image

#115 Chemosh013

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'm assuming this does not include the Ninostarter items? That would include the coin and art prints?

Correct, no coin, art prints, or 2 track "soundtrack" cd.

ach.png

#116 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Coin, art prints, and CD, I believe.

#117 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Good. I'll know if I'm getting my UK version by then and that gives the price time to drop. This is the same price as my UK version was when I preordered it but now it's only $80!

Wait what? IIRC, Amazon UK's price came out to be around $80 when there was a thread about it. In fact I think most UK retailers had it for around $80 after conversions (zavi included).

No idea how Amazon France is showing around $80 for you. Where are you having it shipped?

#118 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Wait what? IIRC, Amazon UK's price came out to be around $80 when there was a thread about it. In fact I think most UK retailers had it for around $80 after conversions (zavi included).

No idea how Amazon France is showing around $80 for you. Where are you having it shipped?

That's not what he's saying. He's saying he hopes in a month (when this ships) it'll be lowered to $80 by that point. He's not saying it's $80 now.

#119 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

I'm pretty sure I read something official stating that they absolutely will NOT be doing a reprint. I'll have to poke around later to dig up the quote but I think it was part of their apology statement.

I think it was in the statement where they said that people would get the free guide. I believe they claimed they "can't" make more.

#120 KingofGames

KingofGames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

So these ship at the end of February? Huh, wonder why that is.

Posted Image