Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop.com: Wii/DS Stacked Promo B1G75%off (with CAG16+PUR, it's better than B1G1)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#31 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I was going to get Mario Party 9 and Dragonball Tenkaichi 3, but the inability to use powerup rewards coupons online killed it for me. I have 50,000 points rotting away. Would have been nice if I could use them to get a $20 off coupon and use it with this deal.
At $25 a piece out of pocket for maybe/maybe not CIB and most likely scratched or poorly resurfaced, I will wait until I luck upon them cheaper.

#32 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Can anyone list some of the wii titles that are worth it? It's been years since I've used my wii and I just ordered a wii u and got xenoblade chronicles and the last story in store, what used wii titles are worth getting!

Check out the link in my sig for a year by year break down of good Wii games to get.

I did also see what Asgardian noted, is that some of these used prices did go up since they started this sale, though I expected a little sleight of hand when it comes to GS.

I think a good candidate for this sale would be to buy two copies of Dokapon Kingdom, as this recently got a reprint and is readily available in stores for a swap out if the condition is bad enough. Keep one, sell the other one, should work out pretty well.

#33 tacoman132

tacoman132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone have any experiences with buying used wii/ds games? Like will it come CIB? Thinking about picking up Super Mario Galaxy 2 or some pokemon on the ds.

#34 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Metroid Prime Trilogy or Prime 3
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Kirby's Dream Collection
Monster Hunter Tri
Okami
Pikmin 1 and 2
Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros Brawl
Muramasa
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Mario Part 9
Punchout
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Tales of Symphonia
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Zelda Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess
DAT Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

Shiren The Wanderer
Dokapon Kingdom
little King's story
Madworld
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers
Fortune Street (Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & nintendo characters)
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
House of The Dead 2&3 collection
Sakura Taisen(wars) V
Phantom Brave(if you didn't play it on PS2 or PSP)

Many more I can't think of right now

#35 Gut

Gut

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks OP, picked up a couple of DS games.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Does anyone have any experiences with buying used wii/ds games? Like will it come CIB? Thinking about picking up Super Mario Galaxy 2 or some pokemon on the ds.

If it's anything like the gamecube fire sale, make sure you pop it in right away to see if it works. I had 10% (2 in 20 gc games) come in complete, which were not working.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As/Dragon's Crown, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014

#37 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'd avoid ordering the Kirby Dream Collection/Mario Anniversary off this unless you just want the game. I'd imagine you wouldn't get the special boxes/extras.

#38 Shuino

Shuino

Gentlemen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Wow it's a shame every game I would want is not in stock....

All Sold Out:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Tales of Symphonia
Rune Factory: Frontier
The Little King's Story
Muramasa
Shiren the Wanderer
Arc Rise Fantasia

Pulpjesus.jpg

#39 tacoman132

tacoman132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

If i ordered lets say pokemon pearl and got a cartridge only shipment, would i be able to go into a gamestop store and exchange it for one that has the original box and manual?

#40 Shuino

Shuino

Gentlemen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

If i ordered lets say pokemon pearl and got a cartridge only shipment, would i be able to go into a gamestop store and exchange it for one that has the original box and manual?

I have done it before but the guys at my local GameStop were pretty cool guys.

Pulpjesus.jpg

#41 Dead_Batteries

Dead_Batteries

Voltaic Pile

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

By the way, for those planning on picking up Monster Hunter Tri, the servers are going to end around April. So get the most out of your online play.

#42 Watcher033

Watcher033

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Sweet thanks OP! Grabbed Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Mario Party 9 practically B1G1.

#43 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

Great deal OP. Who was the Nintendo hating twit who rated this thread?

#44 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

I ordered preowned games from GS-online in the past and majority of the CD based games didn't work and also had no original box + no manual. DS games do not always come in the original box either. Plus they tend to raise the prices whenever a sale like this goes on. Bunch of a-holes if you ask me.

#45 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

By the way, for those planning on picking up Monster Hunter Tri, the servers are going to end around April. So get the most out of your online play.

Please dont buy it if you plan on playing onlinee just wait for the wii u version/3ds.

#46 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

I would be all over this is DS cases weren't thrown away. Now it's new or Gamefly for portable for me.

#47 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Shiren The Wanderer
Dokapon Kingdom
little King's story
Madworld
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The Crystal Bearers
Fortune Street (Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & nintendo characters)
Resident Evil 4 Wii edition
House of The Dead 2&3 collection
Sakura Taisen(wars) V
Phantom Brave(if you didn't play it on PS2 or PSP)

Many more I can't think of right now

Great lists!: I'll add these to the fray.

Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection or Gottlieb Collection
Cursed Mountain
Deadly Creatures
Resident Evil rail shooter games

#48 Potatoeman

Potatoeman

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Wish they had any copies of Pokemon B/W 2, ah well. It'd be cart only anyway:/

#49 StNowhere

StNowhere

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

It's just a shame that just about every Wii/DS game worth buying is sold out or unavailable.

#50 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

Everything is unavailable !! :(

Man you people are cheap.

#51 ShadowEX

ShadowEX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Sweet thanks OP! Grabbed Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Mario Party 9 practically B1G1.

Heh, ordered the exact same thing. :)

fs_overall.png

fss.png

#52 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

you are very likely to get a cd based game without original box and instruction booklet if you order online

#53 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

So lame. I still can't order stuff online from Gamestop.
Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#54 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

Surprisingly my order shipped 8 hours later after putting my order in and expected to arrive Monday (order placed Wednesday).

I paid for $0 Value shipping lol. Not sure whether to be pleased or concerned.

#55 J7.

J7.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

thanks OP

#56 Raww

Raww

Special Agent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

Thanks OP.

I picked up Conduit 2 & Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with free shipping for a total of $18.89 + tax (reg. 19.99 each).

Now hoping they show up in decent shape...

#57 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

a heads up in store you could just swap the cag16 for the birthday coupon for essentially the same thing. I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 43.xx and 17.xx with the promotion, birthday coupon, and PUR.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#58 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

No, it's not, the point is that online you are getting almost two B1G1 50% off and then on top with the CAG16 and PUR, it ends up almost like B1G1F. However most titles are unavailable online, but if they have it online, there is no reason to buy it in store... even if you get disk only, you can always go in store to do a swap.

PS: Thanks OP!!! This is awesome, I picked a lot of secondary games that I hadn't brought over the holiday B6G 30% off deal.

a heads up in store you could just swap the cag16 for the birthday coupon for essentially the same thing. I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn for 43.xx and 17.xx with the promotion, birthday coupon, and PUR.

Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#59 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

No, it's not, the point is that online you are getting almost two B1G1 50% off and then on top with the CAG16 and PUR, it ends up almost like B1G1F. However most titles are unavailable online, but if they have it online, there is no reason to buy it in store... even if you get disk only, you can always go in store to do a swap.

PS: Thanks OP!!! This is awesome, I picked a lot of secondary games that I hadn't brought over the holiday B6G 30% off deal.

oh wow...haha I didnt notice....it IS 2 b1g1 50% 's. never mind haha ignore my comment.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#60 xskaxninjax

xskaxninjax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Sadly I'm just seeing this now and most of the good stuff is long gone. I was able to pick up Dokapon Kingdom with a few other things I was looking for, though. Thanks, OP.