1161 replies to this topic

#1 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Posted Image

Pitchers Catchers report in 12 days

yeah I know its the nationals. I just plucked the first picture I saw.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#2 vrs1650

vrs1650

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

We'll see how the Nationals hold up if they lose Gio for 9 to 10 starts.
[IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/%20http://live.xbox.com/member/vrs1650.jpg[/IMG]

Originally Posted by Nephlabobo [IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/disturbed/buttons/viewpost.gif[/IMG]
Yeah, but you're acting like I'm asking for unicorns and leprechauns to reenact "Two Girls One Cup".

#3 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

The AL West welcomes Houston Astros. Now, they'll be the punching bag for that division.

Go Seattle Mariners!!!

#4 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Hoping that the Orioles can make it to the World Series this year and WIN!
They did good last season!
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#5 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Its the dodgers to lose!!! :bouncy:

best of luck to the astros :hot:

#6 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

We'll see how the Nationals hold up if they lose Gio for 9 to 10 starts.

If they lose him at all. As far as I know, this essentially means nothing unless they force said players to take a drug test.

That being said, I believe the Nationals are the best team going into the season, but who knows if that will last.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#7 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

If they lose him at all. As far as I know, this essentially means nothing unless they force said players to take a drug test.

That being said, I believe the Nationals are the best team going into the season, but who knows if that will last.

Pretty sure if they know you possessed them they can suspend them. Rick Ankiel got popped that way at least that what mlb network said.

#8 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Let's go Oakland! hoping for another great year! Let's go A's!

#9 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Pretty sure if they know you possessed them they can suspend them. Rick Ankiel got popped that way at least that what mlb network said.

Upon reading the policy on wikipedia (take that for what it is), reasonable cause is needed for a drug test, but tests can only be done during the season. So, going by that, I think it is safe to say that these players will probably be tested at some point.
Posted Image

#10 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I don't understand the sudden Braves bandwagon. Sure, they acquired Upton but also gave up Prado in the process. Both players have identical 3.9 WAR average from last three years of play. Plus, in the last two years, 3B became the scarcest position in baseball (besides C of course) . I can't help but to think that going after Bourn and retaining Prado would have been much better.

Fully expecting 3 teams from the AL West making the play offs. Oakland winning the division and Texas + Anaheim for the wild cards. Seattle and Houston are jokes.

#11 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

While I don't necessarily disagree with three teams making the playoffs in the AL from West, I find it hard to fathom the A's winning the division. Yes, I know they came out of nowhere last year, but the WAR just doesn't add up. However, it didn't last year, but the division is going to be different this year with the Houston LOLstros.
Posted Image

#12 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

If they find evidence that they bought PED they can suspend them as well. Happened with a few guys already.

A's and O's will not repeat the performance they put on last year. Way too flukey and lucky. The A's have a better chance than the O's do.

I need baseball to start. Nothing like having a game on almost every day of the week. So great

Formerly known as slickkill77

#13 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

AL East should be really interesting this year if the O's can play solid again. O's, Sox, Rays, and Yanks battling it out should make for great baseball!

#14 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:50 AM

I love my A's, but I wish they were a bit more solid up the middle.

#15 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

I don't understand the sudden Braves bandwagon. Sure, they acquired Upton but also gave up Prado in the process. Both players have identical 3.9 WAR average from last three years of play. Plus, in the last two years, 3B became the scarcest position in baseball (besides C of course) . I can't help but to think that going after Bourn and retaining Prado would have been much better.

Fully expecting 3 teams from the AL West making the play offs. Oakland winning the division and Texas + Anaheim for the wild cards. Seattle and Houston are jokes.

They will platoon Johnson and Francisco and if Johnson continues to improve and rake....I dont think 3b will a problem. They are pretty strong every where else. Plus their rotation will carry them far in to the season.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#16 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

AL East should be really interesting this year if the O's can play solid again. O's, Sox, Rays, and Yanks battling it out should make for great baseball!

I predict the Blue Jays will be more competitive than the Red Sox. Particularly if their starting rotation can actually stay healthy.

#17 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

I'm still not sure what to make of the Jays this year. While I don't expect the Sox to really make the playoffs I think after last year it can't get any worse.

#18 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

Chris Carpenter is likely out for the year, and his career may be over due to his nerve damage in his right arm.

General manager John Mozeliak said Tuesday that Carpenter has renewed numbness and some bruising in his right shoulder and hand. He will get an additional medical evaluation, but Mozeliak says Carpenter is unlikely to pitch again.

#19 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

That's really sad about Chris Carpenter. It really sucks that he's missing 2013, but I hope he's able to come back. :cry:
Posted Image

#20 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I feel like this is at least worth putting in here. I thought about making a thread for it, but you know "celebrity death", "hero worship", blah blah. But yeah, the woman who inspired "A League of Their Own" passed away today. Definitely a great contributor to the sport of baseball. Also interesting to read that she never played for the Rockford Peaches as the film portrays.

http://sports.yahoo....21039--mlb.html

#21 captainenforcer

captainenforcer

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Sorry everybody, but with the addition of Torii Hunter and the return of DH Victor Martinez, the Detroit Tigers are destined to win the World Series this year!

No matter what happens, I just can't wait until summer. Sitting in the sun, watching baseball, with a nice cold beer. Good luck to all teams! Go Tigers!

#22 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Chris Carpenter is likely out for the year, and his career may be over due to his nerve damage in his right arm.

I don't understand why the Cardinals don't throw a 1-year offer at Lohse, no one else is beating down his door.

#23 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Any opinions on Jed Lowrie? I don't know much about the guy, or if he's worth the good prospects the A's dealt for him.

#24 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Any opinions on Jed Lowrie? I don't know much about the guy, or if he's worth the good prospects the A's dealt for him.

Eh Peacock is projected to be a back of the rotation arm. 4.41 BB/9 and 4.26 FIP are ugly for AAA - the only positive is 9.3 K/9. Stassi is a back up catcher in the making, had potential but injuries brought him down.

The trade is more like Carter + fringe prospects for Lowrie and a bullpen arm. Lowrie will be an ultimate utility man for the A's and Carter will hit homers for Houston.

Any guesses on Bourn's contact? I'll go with the Rangers grabbing him for 3/33m - player opt out options for both years.

#25 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Looks like Braun is tied to Biogenesis according to Yahoo

http://sports.yahoo....-235650670.html

Posted Image

#26 Arikado

Arikado

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Any guesses on Bourn's contact? I'll go with the Rangers grabbing him for 3/33m - player opt out options for both years.

No thanks, I'd rather save the money and keep the pick. Roll with a Martin/Gentry platoon.

No idea on the years or the dollar amount, but I'll guess Mariners or Mets.
Posted Image

#27 tonyv4

tonyv4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

I just hope he can stay healthy. I wasn't a big fan of Carter anyways. I see him as inconsistent at times. He can hit HRs sure, but it didn't appear that Oakland had him in their future plans.

#28 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Looks like Braun is tied to Biogenesis according to Yahoo

http://sports.yahoo....-235650670.html

About time. I wonder if he gets sued by the collector that he dragged through the mud.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#29 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Can't wait for this season. I hope Dusty Baker can show some fucking guts as a manager, since the Reds are far too talented to get knocked out in the NLDS again.

And I'm even stoked about 2014 already, too: Billy Hamilton.
Posted Image

#30 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

This should prove to be an interesting year for Yankees. Lots of guys are coming off injury riddled or subpar seasons. Time will tell.
Xecutioner
CML