2013 MLB Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

#271 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Speaking to the Fenway crowd prior to the start of today's game, David Ortiz said, "This is our fucking city and nobody is gonna dictate our freedom." Best...moment...ever...

#272 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Great comeback by the Orioles again. Looked bad after Hamnel grooved that pitch to Eithier (seriously, it couldn't have been any more in the middle), but the bottom of the order coming up big was great to see. Oh yea, and leaving Belisario in there was awesome. Not a big fan of the attempted suicide squeeze.

Now we get a tribute to the Earl of Baltimore before Game 2.

#273 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:43 PM

Speaking to the Fenway crowd prior to the start of today's game, David Ortiz said, "This is our fucking city and nobody is gonna dictate our freedom." Best...moment...ever...

And the FCC's response was basically "play on, homeslice" which makes it even better. :D

33126.png

#274 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

Damn. Rick Porcello got hammered today: 0.2 IP, 9 H, 9 ER, 1 BB. Kinda hard for Detroit to win when they're down 9-0 after one inning.

#275 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 11:07 PM

Porcello really only threw one bad pitch that inning and that was the pitch that Trout rocked out of the park for the Grand Slam. The luck of a sinker baller depends on how many of his ground balls find holes. Thank god I skipped on drafting Porcello in all my leagues.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#276 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:44 AM

Porcello got off lucky compared to the Astros' staff. Yeesh.

Also, the Earl Weaver tribute was beautiful. Shame Palmer wasn't there, but if he had the ceremony would have lasted 2 hours.

#277 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

I would've laughed very hard if someone told me that Yankees will be just 2 games back with Wells hitting third. Hell, being 10-6 with this line up is a miracle.

Brett Gardner CF
Robinson Cano 2B
Vernon Wells LF
Travis Hafner DH
Lyle Overbay 1B
Eduardo Nunez SS
Ichiro Suzuki RF
Jayson Nix 3B
Chris Stewart C

#278 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:43 PM

So I have Bryce Harper in one of my fantasy baseball leagues and got offered this deal for him: I give up Harper in return for Mark Reynolds and Barry Zito. Thoughts?

In that same league, I have Reyes, Grienke, Hill, and Cespides on the DL. No good 2B available either, ugh.

#279 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

I would not take that deal.

#280 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

So I have Bryce Harper in one of my fantasy baseball leagues and got offered this deal for him: I give up Harper in return for Mark Reynolds and Barry Zito. Thoughts?

In that same league, I have Reyes, Grienke, Hill, and Cespides on the DL. No good 2B available either, ugh.

That would be vetoed with in a day.

Harper is hiting like a top 3 fantasy player and has unlimited potential. You can find a better pitcher than Zitto in the FA bin. Reynolds is looking good but I wouldn't buy high on him - grab Rendon as a FA or buy low on Seager instead.

I would want a Cliff Lee type starter and Longoria/Beltre/Wright for Harper.

#281 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

And my CAG fantasy team keeps on sucking. Medlen and Milone could not get Ws against fucking Pirates and Rays. At least Trout has woken up.

#282 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

yeah, I never intended on taking it, I just thought I'd see if other CAGs found it as ridiculous as I do.

I am probably gonna try and deal for a 2B though, I have some depth at SS and OF to move.

#283 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

I am probably gonna try and deal for a 2B though, I have some depth at SS and OF to move.

Heh. I actually have 5 2B eligible players (counting Hill onDL) on my fantasy team which is doing great. Gonna drop Kendrik or Espinosa for Duda in a AVG/OBP/OPS league.

#284 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

you're lucky. Best 2B available in the league I'm in are Jeff Keppinger (28% of ESPN leagues) and Chris Getz (19%). Yeesh.

#285 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

Year of the Napoli part 2? He is raking.

#286 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

Until his hips implode, but I hope he keeps it up, just not against the Rangers.
Posted Image

#287 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:41 AM

:lol: Braves-Rockies at Coors got postponed due to snow. Doubleheader tomorrow. FFS, it's almost May.

#288 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

I know the Angels are not doing as well as they would like, but seriously, just put Pujols on the DL already.

#289 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Fantasy team is in dire need of offensive help. Trying to trade for Harper, started of offering Harvey straight up and he shot back with Harper, Balfour and Hammel for Harvey, Fielder and Kimbrel.

Countered with Harvey and Reynolds for Harper. Dude has Moustakas as his starting 3B.

#290 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

Cubs at least have been "in" a few games? Although they still look awful shaky. I certainly do not want another 100 loss season though.

#291 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 23 April 2013 - 02:27 AM

Rays are on a roll

Formerly known as slickkill77

#292 gcrack

gcrack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:01 AM

go astros

#293 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Looks like we'll get see Valverde cream his pants after every outing yet again.

#294 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

http://gma.yahoo.com...elebrities.html

Although they both are scum, I do hope she gets what is her's. The fact that he cleared over a billion on the Dodgers still makes me angry.

Posted Image

#295 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:21 AM

Worse scumbag owner, McCourt or Loria?

#296 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

People knock McCourt, but he was spending money on the team for the most part. 2 NLCS runs right before it all fell apart. He was at least partially engaged in putting a good product on the field. Loria is like the scum of the scum. He is worse than Michael Jackson.

Posted Image

#297 thepattenfactor

thepattenfactor

Resident Caffeinated Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:02 AM

Do any of you guys follow MLB Memes on Facebook or Twitter? They make a lot of funny jokes about the players and teams that I find hysterical. I'm not in any way affialiated with them, but I just love it.

On another note, my Phillies are imploding. Utley is hitting but he'll probably break his knees soon enough, because rumor has it they're bone-on-bone.

#298 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:06 PM

I think Utley will be ok, he's the only consistently hitting bright spot we have. They need to stop grounding into double plays, they lead the NL with 23. Watching them get no runs when they have 1st and 3rd with no outs the past 2 games is fucking painful.

#299 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

You're going to lead the league in double plays when you have Micheal Young on your team.
Posted Image

#300 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 April 2013 - 04:17 PM

You're going to lead the league in double plays when you have Micheal Young on your team.

You got that right. I don't know the individual stats, but Revere and Young have to have the most GIDP on the team. Howard doesn't help either when he hits it into the shift with a man on first. Young has been pretty good though, his 3B defense isn't as bad as I expected, but unfortunately his hits don't come when we need them.