3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#332 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

Anybody here watch all 19 innings of A's/Angels?

#333 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:24 AM

At least the Braves are still beating division rivals

Just keep them away from both Central divisions.

#334 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

Anybody here watch all 19 innings of A's/Angels?

Angels fans have to be loving Josh after that game. He kids around about how he sucked last year while he goes 0 for 8.

#335 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

That Jeff Francoeur is a really friendly guy.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#336 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

Jays just walked Ortiz to get to Napoli, who proceeded to hit the ball about 500 feet into what looked like the 4th deck in Toronto.

33126.png

#337 Timmt

Timmt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

A heads up: T-Mobile customers can download the MLB At Bat app for free ($20 value) right now: http://www.tmonews.c...t-bat-13-trial/

Now, I can actually listen to games using the app since the Lite version didn't offer that.
Posted Image
Phantasy Star Online EP I&II
Hunter's Guild FAQ

#338 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

So, who else thinks the Cubs move out of Wrigley?

#339 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

So, who else thinks the Cubs move out of Wrigley?

This is the first I've heard of this. What's to these rumors? Wrigley is like Fenway - sure, they could move to a bigger ballpark, but the stadium is timeless and an important part of the team's history.

Build a bigger park, and you take away (IMO) a big part of what makes them lovable losers.

Build a bigger park, and people may not come if you're not a good team. There's a lot of evidence of that.
Posted Image

#340 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

The owner wants some luxury suites, either to take away rooftop seats or get paid for then, and a bunch of other stuff and he threatened moving if he doesn't get his way.

#341 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

I agree, Wrigley is iconic, I just can't picture the Cubs playing anywhere else.

I haven't paid too much attention, but have they done as much as the Sox have done to Fenway in terms of modernization? 15 years ago, Fenway was a pit and lots of people wanted the team to build a new stadium, but the current ownership group has done so much to update it that people never mention moving anymore.

33126.png

#342 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

From what I've read, Tom Ricketts wants to put up a video screen in left field, and the owners of the rooftop seats are crying, saying it will block the seats' views into the stadium.

As far as the Cubs wanting to get paid for the rooftop seats, they already have a deal in place where the owners of the seats must share some of their revenue with the team.

#343 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'd like the cubs to move to the burbs personally. Old stadiums can be cool, but I think a new stadium to go with new owners/management would be pretty nice. And the cubs get a whopping 17% from the rooftop owners.

#344 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

The whole crying poor aspect from the Cubs ownership is laughable. I can't even fathom what the Cubs are going to get from their TV deal next year.

Posted Image

#345 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

But roughly 70% of that revenue is going into Alfonso Soriano.

#346 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

The whole crying poor aspect from the Cubs ownership is laughable. I can't even fathom what the Cubs are going to get from their TV deal next year.

Disco.

http://deadspin.com/...u-to-see-part-1

No pro sports team gets to cry poor anymore. For the above reason of the Pirates' profitability, and also the "profit" versus "value" argument. All sports teams improve in value over time. Year-to-year profit or less is less relevant than value.

Would you take a team that loses, say, $10 million per year if, after ten years, you can sell the team for a couple hundred million more than you bought it for? You do if you understand basic arithmetic.
Posted Image

#347 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:03 AM

I'd like the cubs to move to the burbs personally. Old stadiums can be cool, but I think a new stadium to go with new owners/management would be pretty nice. And the cubs get a whopping 17% from the rooftop owners.

Their bad for signing that contract. The contract also says that the Cubs won't do anything to mess with the terms of the contract or the viability of the seats, by, say, putting up a huge billboard or scoreboard in front of them. I don't know what the terms are if the Cubs break it but I heard some lawyers laughing about it once so you know it's gotta be horrendous.

The lawyer for the rooftop owner deserves their first born. The lawyer for the Cubs should be beat about the head with sticks. I can't even believe that deal was approved. Makes me wonder if the Cubs lawyer didn't just get run over by his own clients during the whole thing. I'd say nobody is stupid enough to do that deal but, you know, Soriano.
Posted Image

#348 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

I thought that deal was only for 3 years, which we are nearing the end of.

#349 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:29 PM

I thought that deal was only for 3 years, which we are nearing the end of.

They got 11 more years on that bad boy.

So is Buchholz throwing a spitter or what?
Posted Image

#350 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yes.
Spoiler

#351 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

No. This is the stupidest non-controversy I can remember in a while. If the Blue Jays thought that Buchholz was loading up, they would have asked the umpire to check him. Teams do this frequently.

This is media people bitter that their team is under-performing and trying to get their names in print. And it's working.

I've been watching Buchholz his whole career, he is throwing only one thing now that he wasn't when not pitching to his potential: Strikes.

Edit: What annoys me the most about this is that once his numbers come back down to Earth (which they have to sooner or later), idiots are going to claim it's because he got busted and had to stop cheating. He just had a month to rival Clemens or Pedro in their primes, and these petty assholes are trying to cheapen it for him.

33126.png

#352 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

I just love that it is the Blue Jays calling people out for cheating. Spitter bad, but putting people in the outfield with binoculars to steal signs is cool.

Posted Image

#353 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

people in the outfield with binoculars to steal signs is cool.

quoi?
Posted Image

#354 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

quoi?

http://espn.go.com/e...s-rogers-centre

Posted Image

#355 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:16 PM

merci.
Posted Image

#356 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

I just love that it is the Blue Jays calling people out for cheating. Spitter bad, but putting people in the outfield with binoculars to steal signs is cool.

To be fair, nobody on the actual team has said a thing about it that I've heard, in fact I think Gibbons distanced himself from it. This is just idiot homer tv and radio guys trying to cause a stir or get in an opponent's head.

33126.png

#357 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

It's getting traction because it was Jack Morris who said it. If it was, say, Mark Grace or Hawk Harrelson, nobody would care.

#358 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

Jack Morris is an idiot who doesn't know how a spitter works. The idea of the foreign substance on a spitter is to loosen the grip, creating less backspin which makes it appear to dive dramatically from the batter's perspective. Nothing Buchholz is throwing this year resembles the action on a spitter. Using a sticky substance like rosin to get a better grip is something pretty much every pitcher does. The legality of it really just depends on what the substance is.

33126.png

#359 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

https://encrypted-tb...F5bd9xbUQjm3iaA

Crisco. Bardahl. Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another 2 to 3 inches drop on your curveball.

#360 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

:rofl:
Posted Image