2013 MLB Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

#361 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

My favorite headline/byline on the Cubs thing:

Wrigley Field Beset By Wealthy Man Looking For A Handout

Another sad story about how a wealthy person needs all of our help.

Posted Image

#362 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:and9gcqqbhvyx3y3saagnxamwf6nf8wmxp8ak8wp5zkf5bd9xbuqjm3iaa

crisco. Bardahl. Vagisil. Any one of them will give you another 2 to 3 inches drop on your curveball.

hahahahahahahahahaha...

#363 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

If the Cubs move out of Wrigley, where would they play? http://espn.go.com/c...umburg-boomers'>Right here.

#364 speedracer

speedracer

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Confession Bear: I wish we had more guys loadin the ball up. I think it would be hilarious to watch.
Posted Image

#365 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

Man, Nats fans are in a HUGE tizzy over Harper's ejection. And anyone who understands why he was ejected is a Nats hater/Orioles troll.

#366 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Man, Nats fans are in a HUGE tizzy over Harper's ejection. And anyone who understands why he was ejected is a Nats hater/Orioles troll.

Not a Nats or Orioles fan (don't own him in any fantasy leagues, either), and that ejection was garbage.
Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

#367 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

I'd like to see what Harper was doing. The camera showed the umpire, who (a) was wearing his emotions on his sleeve (I despise Harper, but it was evident that Hirschbeck couldn't wait to throw him out of the game) and (b) should show a bit more discretion/hesitancy to throw someone out from 120 feet away.

It's hard to say one way or another without seeing what Harper did, but Hirschbeck is sorely lacking in professional decorum from where I see it.
Posted Image

#368 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

Harper threw his hands up in the hair (showing the umpire up) and then he tossed his helmet and bat (further showing up the umpire). He was wrong, but shouldn't have been tossed from the game. Some umps just seem to be on power trips these days.
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#369 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:39 PM

Players have been thrown out for being less showy arguing balls and strikes.

#370 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Halladay to the DL, fucking finally. He can stop costing us games now, especially against shit teams.

#371 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:05 PM

Harper threw his hands up in the hair (showing the umpire up) and then he tossed his helmet and bat (further showing up the umpire). He was wrong, but shouldn't have been tossed from the game. Some umps just seem to be on power trips these days.

Angel Hernandez has long had a reputation for his hair trigger on tossing dudes from games.

In a classic moment, if you haven't seen this, it's brilliant. If you have, it's worth watching again:

"You're here for one goddamn specific reason!"
"What's that, Earl?"
"TO Fuck US!"

:lol:
Posted Image

#372 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Halladay to the DL, fucking finally. He can stop costing us games now, especially against shit teams.

Halladay has been a great thoroughbred, but its time to put that horse out to pasture.

MattNY.png

#373 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

Much as I have complained I was thinking of buying MLB.tv. So I see there is Premium and plain MLB.tv. Premium includes At Bat, but I already have At Bat. If I buy plain MLB.tv will I still have At Bat or do I lose it? Anyone done this?

Crunchewy.png

#374 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think the regular sub is just to watch on your PC.

You should still have the app even if you buy the plain plan.

#375 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Much as I have complained I was thinking of buying MLB.tv. So I see there is Premium and plain MLB.tv. Premium includes At Bat, but I already have At Bat. If I buy plain MLB.tv will I still have At Bat or do I lose it? Anyone done this?

I don't see why you'd lose it, but I can't say for sure.

As someone who had basic for a few years and then switched to Premium, I do feel it's worth the extra $20. Not just the ability to stream on PS3/360, but being able to watch home/away feeds.

33126.png

#376 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:21 AM

As someone who had basic for a few years and then switched to Premium, I do feel it's worth the extra $20. Not just the ability to stream on PS3/360, but being able to watch home/away feeds.

Definitely agree with this.

MattNY.png

#377 mightyduck

mightyduck

You're killin' me Smalls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

If the Cubs trot Marmol out to pitch one more time in a close game I think I'm going to scream.

#378 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Joel Hanrahan is such a useless piece of crap. Coughs up the lead and then conveniently he's "hurt" again. If he never pitches another inning in a Red Sox uniform, it'll be too soon.

33126.png

#379 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

I don't see why you'd lose it, but I can't say for sure.

Oooh. I didn't realize there was a difference (aside from At Bat). I guess that answers that question. Thanks!

Crunchewy.png

#380 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

If the Cubs trot Marmol out to pitch one more time in a close game I think I'm going to scream.

Joel Hanrahan is such a useless piece of crap. Coughs up the lead and then conveniently he's "hurt" again. If he never pitches another inning in a Red Sox uniform, it'll be too soon.

Perhaps Pirates and Red Sox can work something out...

#381 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:06 PM

It's too bad Bailey got hurt. He was pretty effective until then.

#382 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:56 PM

It's too bad Bailey got hurt. He was pretty effective until then.

That's Bailey's career in a nutshell.

33126.png

#383 Beatofficer

Beatofficer

GOT HEEEEEM!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

Dammit, as a Giants fan it's in my blood not to like Matt Kemp, but after this article and video that is completely gone. I can't hate him anymore.

http://bleacherrepor...ent-this-season
!San Francisco Giants 2010 & 2012 World Series Champions!

Posted Image

#384 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Holy shit Harvey. Can't believe I seriously considered sitting him out because of Cellular Field.

#385 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Holy shit Harvey. Can't believe I seriously considered sitting him out because of Cellular Field.

Hopefully the Mets will score in their half of the 9th. He's at 105 pitches, so I can't see him coming back out in the 10th. He's pitched way too well for them to hang him with a ND.

#386 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

J.A. Happ took a line drive off the side of his head. http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb

#387 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

Ugh. Craig Kimbrel just got his third blown save in his last five save chances. Three blown saves is what he had all of last season.

#388 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Braves are too good, couldn't bring myself to watch the game tonight (esp. after they scored three runs in the top of the first).

Reds win in the bottom of the night offa back to back homers from Devin Mesoraco and Shin Soo Choo.

We gotta keep Choo next year, get rid of Bruce, and bring up Billy Hamilton.
Posted Image

#389 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

Braves are too good, couldn't bring myself to watch the game tonight (esp. after they scored three runs in the top of the first).

Reds win in the bottom of the night offa back to back homers from Devin Mesoraco and Shin Soo Choo.

We gotta keep Choo next year, get rid of Bruce, and bring up Billy Hamilton.

Who's the third outfielder in that scenario? Ludwick, Heisey, Paul?

#390 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Harvey doesn't deserve a ND.

Hope Happ is OK. Was he unconsicous at any point?