• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

#391 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

Oh, I haven't thought that far ahead. :lol:

Choo's OBP is incredible, and Bruce's impatience put him at 40 K's and 1HR this past April. Time for him to go. Billy Hamilton is gonna blow fucking minds, and adds CF skill that Choo lacks. While Choo is excellent, he's made a couple of blunders in CF that just shouldn't happen (or perhaps happen with such frequency) at the MLB level.

Keep them all, I say! I'm not so knowledgeable to know whose contract is up next year, other than Choo being a 1-year contract to buttress the need to get rid of Drew Stubbs (good fucking riddance) and Hamilton needing a bit more seasoning in MiLB. The way Choo is playing, I want to see him next year and not Bruce. Bruce swings at fucking everything, and that hasn't changed in the past, so I see no reason to believe it'll change in the future.
Posted Image

#392 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Harvey doesn't deserve a ND.

Hope Happ is OK. Was he unconsicous at any point?

It didn't look like it and he was conscious when they carted him off but the blood coming out of the ear is the most concerning part. I hope it's just from a ruptured eardrum as opposed to a skull fracture or bleeding of the brain.

#393 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Holy shit Harvey. Can't believe I seriously considered sitting him out because of Cellular Field.

That would have been a huge boner, since he pitched at Citi Field. And the White Sox have been one of the worst teams in baseball against RHP.

Anti-State, Anti-War, Pro-Market

ThroneofSeth.png

#394 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

Oh, I haven't thought that far ahead. :lol:

Choo's OBP is incredible, and Bruce's impatience put him at 40 K's and 1HR this past April. Time for him to go. Billy Hamilton is gonna blow fucking minds, and adds CF skill that Choo lacks. While Choo is excellent, he's made a couple of blunders in CF that just shouldn't happen (or perhaps happen with such frequency) at the MLB level.

Keep them all, I say! I'm not so knowledgeable to know whose contract is up next year, other than Choo being a 1-year contract to buttress the need to get rid of Drew Stubbs (good fucking riddance) and Hamilton needing a bit more seasoning in MiLB. The way Choo is playing, I want to see him next year and not Bruce. Bruce swings at fucking everything, and that hasn't changed in the past, so I see no reason to believe it'll change in the future.

Choo definitely is not a long term answer @ CF. He should be a corner OF and likely will be again next year, regardless of where he ends up.

MattNY.png

#395 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

I'm afraid the Red Sox chariot is turning back into a pumpkin this past week.

33126.png

#396 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

And ESPN will still think they are the best team in the league :roll:
Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#397 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

And ESPN will still think they are the best team in the league :roll:

I promise you intelligent Red Sox fans found that just as ridiculous as non-Sox fans did.

33126.png

#398 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

I promise you intelligent Red Sox fans found that just as ridiculous as non-Sox fans did.

Yeah, I know, haha. I mean, yeah, it's ESPN, but I figured their "experts" had some common sense. Thank god for the MLB Network (except Harold Reynolds).
Posted Image

#399 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

That blew my mind as well. Texas sweeps them but they are still number one.

The only baseball person at ESPN I tend to pay attention to is Jonah Keri.

#400 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Jonah Keri is the man, but I also like Dave Schoenfield. Also, I could listen to Tim Kurkjian read the phone book.

#401 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

The A's were robbed in Cleveland today. What's the point of instant replay if you're still going to get HR calls wrong?

#402 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

They had a thing on umpires on Baseball Tonight since Jays/Rays and Angels/Astros also had umpire problems. They have been having a very bad season.

#403 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Orioles on top. Woohoo! Let's see if they can stay there. How does tie breakers work as far as standings are concerned? O's and Sox have the same record but the Orioles are listed first.

Crunchewy.png

#404 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

It doesn't matter, but I'd guess it's alphabetical. Baltimore begins with Ba and Boston begins with Bo.

#405 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

Orioles on top. Woohoo! Let's see if they can stay there. How does tie breakers work as far as standings are concerned? O's and Sox have the same record but the Orioles are listed first.

Tie-breakers are for lesser sports. Baseball breaks ties by actually making the teams play a game.

In the middle of the season, there's no need for a tie-breaker... So it's just tied. ;)

33126.png

#406 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Well Orioles are above Red Sox so I'm still calling it as the Orioles in the lead. ;) :)

Crunchewy.png

#407 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

They had a thing on umpires on Baseball Tonight since Jays/Rays and Angels/Astros also had umpire problems. They have been having a very bad season.

If umpires were held accountable for their job performance, guys like Angel Hernandez would have been out of work years ago.

33126.png

#408 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Just reading the name Angel Hernandez makes me want to throw my laptop across the room.

Joe West went from fired to MLB umpire union president in like 3 years. Ain't no corruption there. ;)
Posted Image

#409 Fatality

Fatality

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

Posted Image

From Deadspin

The image you see above is an actual Major League Baseball in-stadium replay system as used by umpires. It's pretty simple, consisting of a "secure" phone line to MLB's offices in New York, a 19" television, and a fiber optic connection streaming digitized video curated by the league's video wizards.

#410 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

You would think baseball coukd spring for an actual room instead of sticking it in the janitor's closet.

Next year, though, they will apparently have a guy next to the PA announcer who will do all the reviews up there a la College Football.

#411 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Man, it has been a bad season for umpires. First the mess a few days ago, now an illegal substitution was allowed and the ump was suspended for 2 games.

#412 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Shelby Miller gave up a single to the leadoff man, and then retired the next 27 guys in a row. How often does that happen?

#413 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Amazing comeback by the Orioles. Down 6-0 in the 6th and used a truckload of doubles to win 9-6 in 10 innings.

Also, Jim Johnson now has the franchise record for consecutive saves.

#414 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

The umpires just like pissing in the Rays cereal whenever they can so I'm glad something is finally being done. Between the Longoria passing Zobrist situation in which Longoria was called out despite never passing Zobrist and the Umpire never even looking at the play in the bottom of the 9th against Baltimore to begin the season, to the horrendous called third strike against Texas in which a curveball ended the game and the pitcher knew the pitch was so bad that he was calling for the ball from the catcher,or the most recent situation in which Sean Rodriguez clearly touched homeplate, which the slide marks show, and he was still called out

Formerly known as slickkill77

#415 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Amazing comeback by the Orioles. Down 6-0 in the 6th and used a truckload of doubles to win 9-6 in 10 innings.

Also, Jim Johnson now has the franchise record for consecutive saves.

And for some reason, he fell down to one of the last closers taken in one of my fantasy drafts. I don't think he is the best closer out there (3rd or 4th in my book) but I guess people never paid attention to how many close games the Orioles played last year. I managed to snag both he and Jason Grilli.
Posted Image

#416 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's always better to grab the best pitcher, that has a history of health, rather than the best closers on really good teams. I always go for guys like Grilli and Wilhelmson from the Mariners. Bad teams are still going to win games and they'll win most of them close. So their closers will get plenty of chances.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#417 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

And for some reason, he fell down to one of the last closers taken in one of my fantasy drafts. I don't think he is the best closer out there (3rd or 4th in my book) but I guess people never paid attention to how many close games the Orioles played last year. I managed to snag both he and Jason Grilli.

It's because he's a pitch-to-contact closer. I'd rather have guys like Perkins, Grilli, and Henderson than Jim Johnson. If you have three high K closers, especially in a roto league, you're well on your way to having a solid rotation. You can even carry a starter like Lohse without him killing you in Ks.

ThroneofSeth.png

#418 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

David Price has been pretty worthless this season as a fantasy player.

#419 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yeah, tell me about it. I took him as my first pitcher in my Yahoo league. But thankfully I kept Matt Moore.
Posted Image

#420 Feeding the Abscess

Feeding the Abscess

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Yeah, tell me about it. I took him as my first pitcher in my Yahoo league. But thankfully I kept Matt Moore.

If you flip Moore now, you can let his new owner experience Moore's regression while you enjoy your new pitcher/whatever you get in return.

Assuming Price's triceps injury isn't actually an elbow injury (velocity drop may have been an indicator of impending injury), his first pitch strike is a career best, and batters are making contact about as frequently as they have against him in other seasons. Injury caveats aside, I'd bet that Price pitches more like the 3.00 ERA, 1.15 WHIP pitcher he's been for a few years the rest of the season.

ThroneofSeth.png