2013 MLB Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

#451 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:20 PM

Rough night for the Rangers' pitching staff against Boston. The Sox scored in every inning except the 8th, which was against a position player. Somehow that makes the actual pitchers' performance seem even more pitiful.

Not the first time Boston has sucked against a position player pitching. :)

#452 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:23 PM

Rough night for the Rangers' pitching staff against Boston. The Sox scored in every inning except the 8th, which was against a position player. Somehow that makes the actual pitchers' performance seem even more pitiful.

Not the first time Boston has sucked against a position player pitching. :)

It's harder than it seems, I'd think.  They're not used to hitting 70 mph meatballs, I don't think even BP pitchers throw that slow.

It was pretty amusing watching Mike Carp get ejected for arguing balls and strikes in a 17-5 game, probably just so he could save face after Murphy struck him out looking.

33126.png

#453 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

Rough night for the Rangers' pitching staff against Boston.  The Sox scored in every inning except the 8th, which was against a position player.  Somehow that makes the actual pitchers' performance seem even more pitiful.

It's not like they ran out any of their better bullpen guys and Grimm was due for a terrible start. It was a bad game all around, but just an anomaly. The Rangers hadn't had a game like this all year long. It had to happen sooner or later. I'm curious to see how Ogando is tonight after coming off the DL. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#454 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Great game pitched by Julio Teheran today. I still can't believe Arizona gave up Upton without getting Teheran in return.

#455 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Great game pitched by Julio Teheran today. I still can't believe Arizona gave up Upton without getting Teheran in return.

Yep.  Braves GM did a great job in that trade getting Upton and Johnson and giving up little other than Prado.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#456 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

Carlos Gonzalez murdered the Reds today. 3 homers!

#457 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

So, Domonic Brown is pretty good (finally).

#458 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

Many thanks to Ron Washington for giving Dustin Pedroia an intentional walk in order to pitch to David Ortiz in a 9th inning tie.  Guess where the next pitch ended up?

33126.png

#459 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

It didnt matter what Wash did. The second Kirkman went out there the Sox won. Feliz and Soria cant come.back quick enough.

Posted Image

#460 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Scouting report: Don't throw a meatball dead center over the plate to Puig. Or anyone else, for that matter. 

Posted Image

#461 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Ron Washington has slowly and steadily been getting on my nerves lately. He's shown just how mediocre of a manager he really is. Kirkman needs to go. Bring up Cory Burns to hold it down until Soria is back. Thank god he is throwing off the mound in Arlington pretty soon so he could be back sooner than expected.

Also, Elvis Andrus needs to stop leading off while Kinsler is away. Let Profar do it. Andrus is a pure groundball hitter now. And everything seems to be a weak chopper to short or second. He's going to have to really step up and develop some power if this contract is going to be worth it for him.

Posted Image

#462 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not really Wash's fault regarding Kirkman. Grimm sucking wore the pen out and there are no days off for three weeks. All he had left was Ross Wolf and he wanted to save him for extras.

Posted Image

#463 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hoping my Tribe can bounce back against Detroit.  Ubaldo Jimenez vs. Justin Verlander.  Should be a great game.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#464 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wolf would have been better in that situation. Wash has said that he has faith in Kirkman and that is why he is still on the time (and that silly out of options thing) and that is why he still uses him, in some hopeless leap of faith that he would turn it around. He's not gonna turn it around, either.

You play to win. Not to save your bullpen. Especially with Oakland on fire. The last thing you want to do is fall behind Oakland this early in the season. And that was probably Wash that called for Andrus to bunt since Washington is in love with bunting in any and all situations. But Elvis has been know to bunt of his own accord so who knows.

Posted Image

#465 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

Come on out, dmaul. I know you're there. 

Posted Image

#466 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

ManBearPuig.jpg

#467 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

I feel bad shitting on Kirkman now. If I found out I had cancer again I wouldn't be able to focus.

Posted Image

#468 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

If you draft Puig, he's going to do what he's supposed to do: Double A and Triple A late in the season. No call up at all. If your buddy drafts him: Ethier will crash into the wall in the opener and Puig will go on to win RoY, MVP, and the Triple Crown.

His future is in your hands Pony. Proceed accordingly.

Not anymore, sadly. Last draft of the year and Brown was drafted in the 18th. I baited my buddy to use his 19th pick on Puig. Ended up snatching Saltalamacchia with my 25th round pick which is fucking amazing in my opinion.

Couldn't have done it without you, Pony. 

I really wish I could find those posts where we debated Ike Davis and a few of the young 1Bs vs. Adrian Gonzalez. 

Posted Image

#469 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Well this is awkward...

dYiHISv.jpg

Edit:  I clearly put some kind of voodoo hex on this game, since the Sox haven't scored since and have since coughed up the entire lead.  I wonder what the record is for most runs scored without an out followed by being shutout the rest of the way?  6 has to be close.

33126.png

#470 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Ha. I saw the score and thought of your snark, bv. 

Speaking of, god damn the Dodgers can't put together a streak. Just when I get even the tiniest bit mouthy, they fall apart. God damnit. 

Posted Image

#471 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

Ha. I saw the score and thought of your snark, bv.

The baseball gods saw fit to punish me with staying up to watch a 5.5 hour game.

33126.png

#472 Icegaryen

Icegaryen

Stuart and the Ave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:17 PM

If you draft Puig, he's going to do what he's supposed to do: Double A and Triple A late in the season. No call up at all. If your buddy drafts him: Ethier will crash into the wall in the opener and Puig will go on to win RoY, MVP, and the Triple Crown.

His future is in your hands Pony. Proceed accordingly.

Not anymore, sadly. Last draft of the year and Brown was drafted in the 18th. I baited my buddy to use his 19th pick on Puig. Ended up snatching Saltalamacchia with my 25th round pick which is fucking amazing in my opinion.

Couldn't have done it without you, Pony. 

I really wish I could find those posts where we debated Ike Davis and a few of the young 1Bs vs. Adrian Gonzalez. 

Hosmer will out perform Gonzo for the remainder of the season. League will adopt to Puig and he will be the next Shelley Duncan. You heard it here first! 

My CAG fantasy team went from last to second place. Tulo is a monster, but Moore and Verlander need to get their shit together. 

Colletti ready dug himself into a hole for having all 3 outfields on monster contracts. Crawford and Kemp are un trade-able, Either just sucks. Maybe the Mets will take on Either is Dodgers cover 2/3 of his contract. 

#473 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

The baseball gods saw fit to punish me with staying up to watch a 5.5 hour game.

The funny thing is, the Orioles/Angels game had a 2.5 hour delay and finished BEFORE the Red Sox/Rays game.

Speaking of which, I don't think I have ever seen Camden Yards that flooded. Markakis needed a life raft to navigate right field.

#474 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

Does anyone else find that on the Xbox MLB.tv app, you get frequent little hiccups in playback? I have FiOS so I don't think it's my internet. speedtest.net comes back good (15 down, 6 up). It's kind of annoying. Then if I try to watch on PS3 MLB.tv app, I don't get the constant little hiccups, but every once in a while it actually comes to a full stop for a second, then starts again. It might do that 3 or 4 times and then it's fine for a good while, then it might do it again. Or not. That is less annoying, actually, so I've been watching it on the PS3. But on my iPad I don't see anything like that at all, so you'd think that it should work better on Xbox and PS3. I'm curious if others see the same issue. And I definitely do not have this kind of issue with Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, so that right there says it can't be my internet.

#475 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, it's been rough at times on my 360. I've found that it works a lot better on my laptop.

#476 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Do the Dodgers and Diamondbacks have a prior history, or was Ian Kennedy just being a jackass?

#477 thepattenfactor

thepattenfactor

Resident Caffeinated Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

Kennedy has a history of hitting batters. He leads the majors with HBP thrown this year...

#478 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:42 PM

And now it's announced that these teams will open 2014 in Australia. Great timing there, MLB.

#479 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Do the Dodgers and Diamondbacks have a prior history, or was Ian Kennedy just being a jackass?

Just a jackass. You probably shouldn't be throwing high and inside if you can't control it. And even then, when the opposing pitcher throws an offspeed 'tween the shoulder blades professional retaliation because you hit a guy in the head, you probably shouldn't respond by hitting the pitcher in the head. 

w.t. f. His ass needs to be suspended for a nontrivial amount of time. 

Posted Image

#480 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Great win by the Orioles. Jones hitting the 3-run HR was especially sweet after he failed with the bases loaded the inning before.