2013 MLB Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

#511 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Dutch Oven pitched a hell of a game today. Glad to see him get a complete game shutout and give the bullpen a rest.

Posted Image

#512 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

Derek Holland moved his fWAR up to 3.5 and that puts him behind only Wainright and Harvey. Pretty crazy how he has turned it around. Now, only if Darvish could stop throwing so  many pitches and focus more on throwing strikes, the Rangers could have 2 7+ WAR pitchers by season's end. 

Also, Profar needs to play more. It doesn't matter where. He needs to be in the line up. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#513 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:50 AM

Darvish needs to focus on cutting down on the longball. His stats are ridiculous if you remove them. It is pretty much the only way teams score on him.

Posted Image

#514 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Yeah, that too. I'm really tired of seeing him in the 5th inning with 80+ pitches. Sunday is gonna be tough. Balls usually fly out of the park in day games here and he is facing off against Latos.

Posted Image

#515 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

All right...now this coupled with Cashman's "Alex needs to shut the Fuck up" comments the other day starts to feel a little insurance scammy. He goes from being "cleared" to play rehab games to possibly missing the entire season? Jesus, what a mess this team is.

http://www.sbnation....s-brian-cashman

#516 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:54 AM

Ah another Harvey wasted. Funny stat....Mets bullpen has given up 25 runs in Harvey starts while Harvey has alone given up 26 runs. Man I cant wait till Sandy reloads this team properly. The pitching is getting there and getting guy like Marlon Byrd and EY JR are paying dividends but the bullpen has never been right in the last 7-8 years. I feel bad for this kid. 

Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#517 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

This is where I comment on the Dodgers winning games and they respond with a 6 game losing streak. 

Posted Image

#518 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

Remember when I said I loved the O's until that 4-game losing streak?

I luv mah Oh-ree-ohles.

#519 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

Rangers with another series win against a decent team. That makes 4 in a row following that forgettable sweep by Toronto. Now they should have relatively easy series at home against both Seattle and Houston. Was nice to see Darvish finally toss a good game without giving up any home runs. And don't look now, but Joe Nathan is quite possibly having the best season of his career at 38 years old.

Posted Image

#520 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Dodgers have picked up 5 games in 8 days. 3.5 games separate the entire NL West. 

Posted Image

#521 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Dodgers have picked up 5 games in 8 days. 3.5 games separate the entire NL West. 

You can partially thank the Braves' sweep of Arizona for that.

Speaking of which, I spent Thursday-Monday in Atlanta and saw the Friday and Sunday games. Friday was Chipper's number retirement and induction into the Braves' HOF. A cool ceremony, and the 10 in the outfield grass was a nice touch. Teheran pitched lights out and we won 3-0.

Being a Braves fan for over 20 years now, it was awesome to finally take in a game there. Turner Field is beautiful, and the museum with exhibits dedicated to each of the seasons during the division winning run were cool to see. Atlanta is a nice city, but I wish I could've found one goddamn Diet Pepsi. Coke has a monopoly on that town.

#522 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

You should have just gone to Taco Bell. 

Posted Image

#523 Nate Nanjo

Nate Nanjo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:01 AM

Now they should have relatively easy series at home against both Seattle and Houston.

Well not a good start against Seattle, especially with Hernandez and Iwakuma(although he hasn't been good in the last month) coming next.

#524 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

I'm confident. Historically, The Rangers have beaten Hernandez and Holland has pitched well against Seattle.

Posted Image

#525 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Kershaw's ERA is 1.93 and this is after his "rocky" month. We passed the Giants in the standings yesterday. San Fran is now in last place. And they got no hit yesterday. 

It was a good day. 

And Puig's BA is up to .443. All you Pony. 

Posted Image

#526 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Kershaw's ERA is 1.93 and this is after his "rocky" month. We passed the Giants in the standings yesterday. San Fran is now in last place. And they got no hit yesterday. 

It was a good day. 

And Puig's BA is up to .443. All you Pony. 

I haven't been paying too much attention, who is going to be the odd man out when Crawford comes back?  Or will they try and rotate through all 4 guys?

33126.png

#527 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

I haven't been paying too much attention, who is going to be the odd man out when Crawford comes back?  Or will they try and rotate through all 4 guys?

Most likely Ethier, because he pretty much sucks.

#528 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

The Rangers have signed Manny Ramirez to a minor league contract. There's your big bat, Casey.

#529 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

It's really not fair that the AL West gets to play the Astros 18 times. They're so bad it's laughable.

Formerly known as slickkill77

#530 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

Honestly, the Manny Ramirez signing is ultimately meaningless. Worst case scenario is that Jeff Baker possibly needs season ending surgery, or Cruz is suspended, or Berkman is done with his knee flaring up again, and only if all of those happen, will he be on the 25 man roster. 

Posted Image

#531 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

The Angels beg to differ.

And the best thing about the Manny signing is that it forces him to hack off the dreads. 

Posted Image

#532 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:41 AM

And...the Dodgers are putting Marmol on waivers to try and get him to the minors. Why did they trade for him again?

Also, if you were an NL West team, would you risk a claim to try and force the Dodgers to keep him?

#533 FloodyFloats

FloodyFloats

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:16 AM

Think the dodgers will let Puig rest on friday when Crawford returns especially after he crashed at the wall.

#534 speedracer

speedracer

Get off my lawn

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

I think they're going to pretend to timeshare until someone dips but Ethier is definitely on the hot seat. 

And...the Dodgers are putting Marmol on waivers to try and get him to the minors. Why did they trade for him again?

Also, if you were an NL West team, would you risk a claim to try and force the Dodgers to keep him?

The Dodgers did it for international signing dollars. It was actually a pretty clever move. They'd love someone to claim him even for league minimum money. It tilts the dollars in the trade in the Dodgers direction. Not that the Dodgers are that concerned about numbers less than 10 figures at this point. 

The subtext for Dodger fans is that this is not the kind of move Coletti would ever make, it's much more likely Kasten did it. Will Coletti hit the curb this summer?

Posted Image

#535 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm really impressed with how well the MLB.tv app works on PS3. It has been running in HD all day since the early Nats/Brewers game up until now with the Braves/Marlins, and I've had one hiccup of probably 5 seconds. That's with Netflix running on a Wii in a different room, along with streaming Pandora from a different device. This is all on a fairly average 3mb connection. The 360 app would've been chugging all day with all that going on.

Also, it's stupid that they actually leave the commercial breaks in the archived games.

#536 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

So, are there any spots in your team's home parks that for whatever reason just never have more than a handful of people unless there's a sellout? The left field club seats here at OPACY are always empty and barren unless there's a sellout.

EDIT: Also, I will laugh if Puig loses the final vote.

#537 GhostShark

GhostShark

The Drunken Whaler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

Puig won't lose the vote. Unless the Giants fans stuff the ballot for Pence. 

The AL Extra Man vote is a joke. As good as some of these guys have been, especially Scheppers, why the hell are they all right handed set-up men? Couldn't squeeze Beltre, Longoria and Donaldson in there?

Posted Image

#538 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

Puig might lose, you have dmaul casting a ton of votes for Freeman.

I don't know if Wright really has all the say in picking the contestants for the HR Derby, but it's bullshit either way.  Dom Brown wanted to participate, but Harper and Cuddyer(?!?!) are chosen.  Guess I won't have to waste my time watching that shit, Davis is going to destroy anyway.

#539 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:58 AM

Not necessarily. The best HR hitter rarely wins the whole thing.

#540 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yeah, but he seems to be on another level right now.