$279.99 Classic White PlayStation 3 PS3 500GB™ Instant Game Collection Bundle at FRYS

So you don't really get any games with the system but rather get whatever PSN+ has made free that month, right? Not a bad deal I guess for the HD size and the PSN+ account but I would still probably feel better PM-ing this at BB to get the reward zone points.

yeah price matching at best buy can be a good option to get this deal too. I think the new white super slim ps3 looks really nice!!:D

If you want a white PS3, that's a very good price. For that price, you can get a normal PS3 with 1TB HDD (DIY), but you'll need to pay $50 for 15 months of PS+ if you want the instant game collection (12 months + 3 months free promo is active now).

I don't care what people think of PS+, to me, it's pretty awesome, lots of good stuff lately!

With PS4 coming soon, I think spending more than $200 on anything is a bit shortsighted. I almost bought a used Wii U off Craiglist for $220, then I remembered that when the PS4 and Xbox Infinity are announced at e3, I'm going to wish I had that $220 back.

If I was looking to buy a PS3, I'd be looking to buy a cheap, used one off CL, just to hold me over temporarily.

I get even more value out of the "Instant Game Collection" because I have a Vita, so in addition to Infamous 2, LBP 2, Darksiders, Ratchet and Clank, etc. for the PS3, I can also get Ninja Gaiden, Gravity Rush, and Uncharted for the Vita.

Also, the additional three months of PS+ that are currently being given to people who buy a subscription for $49.99 are being given to the people who buy this particular console, too.

I didn't get it at Fry's, though. Went to Gamestop, where they had a promotion for $75 bonus credit if you turn in a used console for the new white IGC PS3. According to the receipt, they gave me $92 for the old 20 GB 360 that had been sitting in my closet ($115 minus $23 for the fact the DVD drive wasn't working), plus the $75 bonus credit. Wound up getting the new PS3 for just over $150, including tax, and got rid of a busted console that I was going to have to pay to get fixed if I wanted to use it again.

bread's done
Back