Gamefly Used Games Sale $15 each Tom Clancy, Max Payne 3, Dirt showdown, Prototype 2

[quote name='chunlirocks']Chipped discs FTL[/QUOTE]

Every Gamefly thread...

I've bought probably 30 games from GameFly over the last two years. Not one chipped/scratched or otherwise not in perfect shape disc. *knock on wood*

[quote name='blindinglights']Do games from Gamefly for the portable systems also come complete? I've only ever ordered PS3 and Xbox games from them.[/QUOTE]

Yes

I also have never had a bad disc from Gamefly. Good stuff. But I'm passing on this sale. I wouldn't mind Dirt Showdown, but I can wait for it to hit $10.

Went with Spiderman, I'm positive it'll hit $10, but whatever. For what it's worth I think $15 is a fair price for Prototype 2, I absolutely loved that game - it was just incredibly fun and a vast improvement over P1. It's also an easy 1000/1000 for chievo whores. Also my P2 from Gamefly was a Radnet edition so there's that to consider.

If you haven't played P1 yet, play it before you do P2, not only do you miss a lot story, but going back to P1 after P2 is difficult and frustrating.

The most recent gamefly game I purchased had some chips around the edge but the game played fine. Every other gamefly game I'd bought (many) were perfect.

Oh look the obligatory 'chipped disc' comment. Keep up the great additions to the site!

I've never really understood this, I've easily ordered 40+ games from gamefly, and the chips are noticeable on maybe two of them, and I've only had to return 1 game as being unplayable (which was a simple and quick process, it also had nothing to do with chips, the disc had obviously been used for street hockey). If you're really concerned about it, I'm going to assume you only buy new, in which case why would you even come to this thread?

The only thing the thread is missing now is the "I got X for $10 on the MS sale." or "Cheaper on BF."

Can't believe nobody's yet asked "Do GF games come with case and manual and online code?"

(Answer is yes, so now you don't have to ask)

Do GF games come with case and manual and online code?

jk.

I'd also like to chime in and say I've ordered probably around 50 games from them over the past couple of years and never once had an issue/chipped disc.

FWIW, I've had chips on probably 35 of the 40 games I've ordered from Gamefly. They aren't noticeable unless you really look for them, and it doesn't affect the gameplay, so I really don't pay too much mind to them.

I personally think it's helpful to remind people and (more importantly) to inform newbies that there's the potential for chipped and/or scratched discs when you buy from Gamefly.

I ordered from them 5 times. Two times, got chipped and scratched discs that would not play and would not install. Luckily the Gamestop guy was in a rush and didn't check so I ended up ahead. But never again will I buy from Gamefly. Might as well wait til the price of a new copy drops to $15/20.

That said, I highly recommend Ghost Recon for its campaign (multiplayer is fun, too, but you really need to play as a team to enjoy it otherwise expect to rage).

[quote name='Izod517']Oh look the obligatory 'chipped disc' comment. Keep up the great additions to the site!

I've never really understood this, I've easily ordered 40+ games from gamefly, and the chips are noticeable on maybe two of them, and I've only had to return 1 game as being unplayable (which was a simple and quick process, it also had nothing to do with chips, the disc had obviously been used for street hockey). If you're really concerned about it, I'm going to assume you only buy new, in which case why would you even come to this thread?

The only thing the thread is missing now is the "I got X for $10 on the MS sale." or "Cheaper on BF."[/QUOTE]

HAHA! "the disc had obviously been used for street hockey" had me cracking up, thanks for that laugh...

I'm gonna pass on this as well...and from my experiences, GameFly is legit. I don't check for chips every single time, but I've never had any issues when playing any of the (5-7) games I've purchased from GameFly.

[quote name='CaseX']I personally think it's helpful to remind people and (more importantly) to inform newbies that there's the potential for chipped and/or scratched discs when you buy from Gamefly.

I ordered from them 5 times. Two times, got chipped and scratched discs that would not play and would not install. Luckily the Gamestop guy was in a rush and didn't check so I ended up ahead. But never again will I buy from Gamefly. Might as well wait til the price of a new copy drops to $15/20.

That said, I highly recommend Ghost Recon for its campaign (multiplayer is fun, too, but you really need to play as a team to enjoy it otherwise expect to rage).[/QUOTE]

So instead of instead informing Gamefly, you could have a potentially screwed someone else over? Good job.

After confirming Dirt Showdown had local splitscreen play (my daughter and I thank you for that, Codemasters), I grabbed it. Was able to use my recent $5 rewards on it to bring to down to $10.49
Much appreciated, OP!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Every Gamefly thread...

I've bought probably 30 games from GameFly over the last two years. Not one chipped/scratched or otherwise not in perfect shape disc. *knock on wood*[/QUOTE]
Over 60 in 2 years 85% come from a disc chipper. I say last year its pretty much every single one. GF FTL :D

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Over 60 in 2 years 85% come from a disc chipper. I say last year its pretty much every single one. GF FTL :D[/QUOTE]

hey fnl i sent you a pm since you never got back to me

3 years with Gamefly, not a single disk with even so much as a large scratch, that I've noticed. And I rent mostly 360 games and always install, so they all have workd 100% for sure. Rented or purchased. Maybe it depends on the warehouse we're getting them from? I live in Georgia, so...

Anyway, is there any significant chance of a Max Payne 3 + DLC disk coming out?

Some claim very few chipped disks, some claim very many. Who to believe? You can only trust your own experience on this one, it's waaaaaaay YMMV.

Personally, I love GF sales and never have a problem with the games I've received, the worst chips I've gotten have only been very minor cosmetic issues. I buy GF with mucho confidence, but I'm fine with folks choosing to not deplete the stocks of games I want to purchase at their great used prices. Too may times I've tried to pull the trigger too late and see what I want go OOS.

I've bought a couple of games on gamefly and they were in great shape. They include whatever DLC or online pass comes with new games most of the time too.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Every Gamefly thread...

I've bought probably 30 games from GameFly over the last two years. Not one chipped/scratched or otherwise not in perfect shape disc. *knock on wood*[/QUOTE]

Right with ya. No issues, (YET). Still Im not biting on these, unless someone can say that the AMAZING SPIDERMAN stands above the other recent installments...

[quote name='normal79']Right with ya. No issues, (YET). Still Im not biting on these, unless someone can say that the AMAZING SPIDERMAN stands above the other recent installments...[/QUOTE]

Spiderman was awesome and an easy 1k.

[quote name='Bubbameister33']So instead of instead informing Gamefly, you could have a potentially screwed someone else over? Good job.[/QUOTE]

Very bogue indeed.

[quote name='Bubbameister33']So instead of instead informing Gamefly, you could have a potentially screwed someone else over? Good job.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kidrocklive']Very bogue indeed.[/QUOTE]

Lol. First, the only one hurt here is GameStop. If anyone bought those games, they can exchange it back at the store. And I could care less about GameStop; they make enough with their ridiculous price gouging.

Second, I did consider exchanging it from Gamefly, but there were good reasons I couldn't. If I recall, I think there was some glitch or deal going on at the time and the games were out of stock from CAGers and SDers, the deal would only work if I kept all the games (iirc), and there was a great trade program at GameStop at the time (cuz that's the only time I ever trade there). So yeah. It was considered, but not a feasible option cuz I would've lost money otherwise.

Not trying to change your opinions, just stating the facts.

But I agree with others that the disc quality is very YMMV. I just happened to be unlucky and will not partake again. If you're new to this, give it a shot and see how it works for you.

[quote name='CaseX']Lol. First, the only one hurt here is GameStop. If anyone bought those games, they can exchange it back at the store. And I could care less about GameStop; they make enough with their ridiculous price gouging.[/QUOTE]

:roll:

We can talk about "chips" all we want, but what matter to me--and I would assume to most gamers--are two things: 1) Can I play the GF games on my 360/PS? If so, 2) Can I sell the game on eBay and have confidence that I won't get a return request? If the answer to both questions is "Yes!" as it has been for every single GF game I've purchased, then I'll let all of you disc perfectionists out there worrying about searching the discs w/ a magnifying glass.

Jesus, only 4 posts into the topic and one of you has popped up already. Get over it people. So what sometimes used discs aren't in perfect condition. 12+ discs here from GF, never a single problem with any of them.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Jesus, only 4 posts into the topic and one of you has popped up already. Get over it people. So what sometimes used discs aren't in perfect condition. 12+ discs here from GF, never a single problem with any of them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, ChunLi's usually faster than that. Must have been sleeping.

bread's done
Back