Photo
- - - - -

Gamefly Used Games Sale $15 each Tom Clancy, Max Payne 3, Dirt showdown, Prototype 2

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Every Gamefly thread...

I've bought probably 30 games from GameFly over the last two years. Not one chipped/scratched or otherwise not in perfect shape disc. *knock on wood*

Over 60 in 2 years 85% come from a disc chipper. I say last year its pretty much every single one. GF FTL :D

#32 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Over 60 in 2 years 85% come from a disc chipper. I say last year its pretty much every single one. GF FTL :D

hey fnl i sent you a pm since you never got back to me

#33 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

3 years with Gamefly, not a single disk with even so much as a large scratch, that I've noticed. And I rent mostly 360 games and always install, so they all have workd 100% for sure. Rented or purchased. Maybe it depends on the warehouse we're getting them from? I live in Georgia, so...

Anyway, is there any significant chance of a Max Payne 3 + DLC disk coming out?

#34 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Some claim very few chipped disks, some claim very many. Who to believe? You can only trust your own experience on this one, it's waaaaaaay YMMV.

Personally, I love GF sales and never have a problem with the games I've received, the worst chips I've gotten have only been very minor cosmetic issues. I buy GF with mucho confidence, but I'm fine with folks choosing to not deplete the stocks of games I want to purchase at their great used prices. Too may times I've tried to pull the trigger too late and see what I want go OOS.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#35 skatz83

skatz83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Amazing Spider-Man needs to be $10. Then it will be mine.

333987.png

sig.gif

#36 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

I've bought a couple of games on gamefly and they were in great shape. They include whatever DLC or online pass comes with new games most of the time too.

#37 normal79

normal79

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Every Gamefly thread...

I've bought probably 30 games from GameFly over the last two years. Not one chipped/scratched or otherwise not in perfect shape disc. *knock on wood*

Right with ya. No issues, (YET). Still Im not biting on these, unless someone can say that the AMAZING SPIDERMAN stands above the other recent installments...
Posted Image

#38 SallyNasty

SallyNasty

Super Sassy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Right with ya. No issues, (YET). Still Im not biting on these, unless someone can say that the AMAZING SPIDERMAN stands above the other recent installments...

Spiderman was awesome and an easy 1k.

#39 mrwogs2

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

Picked up Max Payne 3, Dirt Showdown, and Future Soldier for PS3. Thanks OP.

#40 kidrocklive

kidrocklive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

So instead of instead informing Gamefly, you could have a potentially screwed someone else over? Good job.

Very bogue indeed.

#41 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

So instead of instead informing Gamefly, you could have a potentially screwed someone else over? Good job.

Very bogue indeed.

Lol. First, the only one hurt here is GameStop. If anyone bought those games, they can exchange it back at the store. And I could care less about GameStop; they make enough with their ridiculous price gouging.

Second, I did consider exchanging it from Gamefly, but there were good reasons I couldn't. If I recall, I think there was some glitch or deal going on at the time and the games were out of stock from CAGers and SDers, the deal would only work if I kept all the games (iirc), and there was a great trade program at GameStop at the time (cuz that's the only time I ever trade there). So yeah. It was considered, but not a feasible option cuz I would've lost money otherwise.

Not trying to change your opinions, just stating the facts.

But I agree with others that the disc quality is very YMMV. I just happened to be unlucky and will not partake again. If you're new to this, give it a shot and see how it works for you.

#42 VyseArcad1a

VyseArcad1a

New Mirror's Edge?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Really tempted to get Dirt Showdown... been waiting on a good price drop on it.

47206.png
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, Earth Defense Force 2025, South Park: The Stick of Truth
:3ds: Rhythm Thief, Animal Crossing: New Leaf
:psp: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, DJ Max Technika Tune, Rayman Origins

#43 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

I'll wait on Spider-man. History has proven spiderman games drop to $10. Then, it will be mine.

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#44 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:06 PM

Lol. First, the only one hurt here is GameStop. If anyone bought those games, they can exchange it back at the store. And I could care less about GameStop; they make enough with their ridiculous price gouging.

:roll:

#45 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

We can talk about "chips" all we want, but what matter to me--and I would assume to most gamers--are two things: 1) Can I play the GF games on my 360/PS? If so, 2) Can I sell the game on eBay and have confidence that I won't get a return request? If the answer to both questions is "Yes!" as it has been for every single GF game I've purchased, then I'll let all of you disc perfectionists out there worrying about searching the discs w/ a magnifying glass.

#46 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

am i mistaken or is pokemon black and white also in this deal?

#47 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

^They've been $17.99 for a while on Gamefly's page.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog

#48 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Chipped discs FTL

Jesus, only 4 posts into the topic and one of you has popped up already. Get over it people. So what sometimes used discs aren't in perfect condition. 12+ discs here from GF, never a single problem with any of them.

TheNutman69321.png

#49 GT

GT

CAG Commando

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Jesus, only 4 posts into the topic and one of you has popped up already. Get over it people. So what sometimes used discs aren't in perfect condition. 12+ discs here from GF, never a single problem with any of them.

Yeah, ChunLi's usually faster than that. Must have been sleeping.
-----------
My half.com store - click me

Sorcery, Dungeon Siege III, Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce & more...

#50 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Any coupons I can use for this? I remember using one in the past, but can't recall if it was only for digital.
Posted Image

#51 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I'm also seeing Kirby's Dream Collection on there for sale...I wonder if they'll include the box, soundtrack and book.

#52 yantelope

yantelope

F.A.C.S Alumnus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

I'm also seeing Kirby's Dream Collection on there for sale...I wonder if they'll include the box, soundtrack and book.

wow, it is specifically listed as the special edition.

#53 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

cod mw 3 and Spec Ops: The Line $13 shippeD!
Assassin's Creed Revelations $10

#54 normal79

normal79

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

cod mw 3 and Spec Ops: The Line $13 shippeD!
Assassin's Creed Revelations $10

Is Revelations included in the NEW EZIO collection?
Posted Image

#55 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Is Revelations included in the NEW EZIO collection?

Yes