Wii U Basic $245, Deluxe $300 Shipped at Costco.com

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Deal is dead, Costco raised the price when you add to cart.

#32 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Dead to me as well, Costco is usually pretty generous, this is somewhat unexpected.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#33 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

"Re-doing" as in "eliminating most of their stock and not ordering more".

The last system we carried any amount of was the 3DS, and everyone knows how that turned out. This past summer we got a little show pallet with some Vita and 360/PS3 stuff and it didn't even last a month. There's little meat on the bone for Costco to profit from and that went out once sales started to slip. If it doesn't make money it doesn't get a pallet...period. Better to have another row of Christmas lights or toys to take advantage of the holiday rush. I was hoping against hope that I could grab a Wii U with my membership around launch but management didn't even know what I was talking about and when they checked with the buyer for me they got a giant "hell no". Apart from the annual holiday blockbusters Costco is done with games.

That's your store. Mines different.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#34 Foosil

Foosil

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:15 AM

Got my local Fry's to do a PM on this earlier today. I was thinking about picking up ZombiU, but I'd rather spend the money on Ni No Kuni.
Currently Playing:

Wii - Fatal Frame 4
3DS - Zero Escape
PSP - Corpse Party
XB360 - Resident Evil 6
PS3 - Persona Arena
PC - Diablo 3
Vita - Assassin's Creed 3

#35 Catamaran

Catamaran

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

That's your store. Mines different.

Yeah. My Costco has Wii U's. Not for 300 unfortunately. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for it to be in the next coupon book with 50 off since I missed this.

#36 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Should've done this last night. Damn, we were slickdeal'd

#37 Caspulex

Caspulex

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I called them this morning as soon as their customer service department opened.

Turns out the "sale" yesterday was an "error." As a result, they won't honor it like they would any other sale.

Which is really fuckING infuriating, because it wouldn't accept my home address as a real address on the checkout THOUGH IT TOOK IT AS A FUCKING BILLING ADDRESS and trying to put addresses in through My Account threw a fucking javascript error.

What horseshit. I'm more ready to give Gamestop my money than them, ever.

Edited by shrike4242, 01 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#38 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Does this mean Costco won't honor anyone that already put through an order? I'm not familiar with Costco's policy on price errors. Do they honor it or should we expect some apology email soon along with a cancellation notice?

#39 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

Does this mean Costco won't honor anyone that already put through an order? I'm not familiar with Costco's policy on price errors. Do they honor it or should we expect some apology email soon along with a cancellation notice?

If it was a few order by members it would likely go through. Given a lot of people ordered it (even non members could order at $300 +5% = $315) I wouldn't expect them to...

#40 dschroll

dschroll

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Did anyone from here order a Wii U from Costco? I did and I'm a costco member and mine is showing as "Order Received" but its been like that since 1/31. Just curious of anyone else ordered one and if their order status got changed? Good luck to all those that ordered one.

#41 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

I ordered one on 1/31 and received a shipping notification on 2/1.

According to the tracking info my package should arrive on Tuesday.

Good luck to you with your order, I'm sure they should process the order sometime soon, most likely at the next business day.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#42 MPoWeRM3

MPoWeRM3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

Should've done this last night. Damn, we were slickdeal'd

In case you didn't know, I was the OP there as well but I did post to CAG first.... by few mins. ;)

#43 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

In case you didn't know, I was the OP there as well but I did post to CAG first.... by few mins. ;)

No. As in I was slow and it was crushed by the traffic from SD. Snooze you lose. Literally