PlayStation 4 Thread

• Please log in to reply
7016 replies to this topic

#91 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

I actually did not hack my PS3 so I could play the games I want on it legally and not download tons of blu-rays into more hardrives I have to buy for them. Being a CAG'er games are easier to get on sale then finding it and d'l or ripping it myself.

My 360 just sits there gather dust, I don't even hack it because there is nothing I want to play on it. My PSP Go and Wii are hacked because of the large and free library of games I have/can get for them.

If Sony wants the PS4 to succeed, they need 3rd party support w/ creative content, they get that content with a stable business gaming environment were the developers can get money for their product, early release is another strategy I suppose. That is where all three have failed in the past few years. PS3 is still selling in 3rd world countries and coming out with good games exclusives that I'd rather support. MS is pushing kinect like its the best thing since sliced bread and we all know is sucks.

the problem is 3rd party companys don't want to make games for just ONE system. The only real exclusive games we see these days are first party games. 3rd party games will mostly never be system exlusives they lose too much money that way.

#92 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

I actually did not hack my PS3 so I could play the games I want on it legally and not download tons of blu-rays into more hardrives I have to buy for them. Being a CAG'er games are easier to get on sale then finding it and d'l or ripping it myself.

My 360 just sits there gather dust, I don't even hack it because there is nothing I want to play on it. My PSP Go and Wii are hacked because of the large and free library of games I have/can get for them.

If Sony wants the PS4 to succeed, they need 3rd party support w/ creative content, they get that content with a stable business gaming environment were the developers can get money for their product, early release is another strategy I suppose. That is where all three have failed in the past few years. PS3 is still selling in 3rd world countries and coming out with good games exclusives that I'd rather support. MS is pushing kinect like its the best thing since sliced bread and we all know is sucks.

plus not sure where you got i was saying you are a hacker lol what does hacking psn have to do with hacking a ps3 system

#93 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

Only seven days away. I honestly think they'll announce a price drop for the Vita. It'll be great to have another PS console, but honestly I'm content with my two PS3's. If they announce a new PS, I could see it going for $399.

a ps vita price drop would make sense seeing it's been out a year. The promo does not even hint at a new ps announment. I still think it's a ps vita redesign or price drop and a ps3 price drop and maybe at end so a teaser clip of new playstation to be showed at e3.

#94 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

the problem is 3rd party companys don't want to make games for just ONE system. The only real exclusive games we see these days are first party games. 3rd party games will mostly never be system exlusives they lose too much money that way.

Actually to be fair, on the PC side, there are many exclusives. Total War, Blizzard Games, Torchlight 2, etc. It's not just about being exclusive, it's about can you be profitable being exclusive.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#95 Metal Militia

Metal Militia

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Only seven days away. I honestly think they'll announce a price drop for the Vita. It'll be great to have another PS console, but honestly I'm content with my two PS3's. If they announce a new PS, I could see it going for $399.

I'm content with the PS3 as well as there are tons of games out for it that I haven't played yet and a even more games coming out in the upcoming months that I want to play.

#96 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...929485a12000082 :whee::pray::bouncy::whee:

Ueda: "I should also mention that details regarding The Last Guardian's release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement."

IGN: "Now, we're not sure about you, but it's that middle bit that strikes us as interesting. If responsibility for the announcement lies with Sony, it seems reasonable that this could be because the company has yet to officially announce the platform that the game is now being developed for. With a big announcement of some sort planned for February 20...." :hot:

Why would Ueda say something NOW? The timing is too perfect in regards to Feb 20th...
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#97 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...929485a12000082 :whee::pray::bouncy::whee:

Ueda: "I should also mention that details regarding The Last Guardian's release is solely decided by Sony Computer Entertainment, not myself. Please keep an eye out for their official announcement."

IGN: "Now, we're not sure about you, but it's that middle bit that strikes us as interesting. If responsibility for the announcement lies with Sony, it seems reasonable that this could be because the company has yet to officially announce the platform that the game is now being developed for. With a big announcement of some sort planned for February 20...." :hot:

I could totally see The Last Guardian becoming a launch game for the PS4. This wouldn't be the first time a console maker did something like this.
Posted Image

#98 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I could totally see The Last Guardian becoming a launch game for the PS4. This wouldn't be the first time a console maker did something like this.

I don't care what system the game is released on. All I know is that I want it :cry: Here's hoping for Feb 20th
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#99 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

It would make sense, despite what some people think. The last we heard about this game was...a little over a year ago and that was because of Ueda's departure. I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out on PS3 (since that's what it has mainly been developed for) but also have used the time to make it at least look better for the PS4.

#100 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

It would make sense, despite what some people think. The last we heard about this game was...a little over a year ago and that was because of Ueda's departure. I wouldn't be shocked if it comes out on PS3 (since that's what it has mainly been developed for) but also have used the time to make it at least look better for the PS4.

It would also be a great way to get people to not hesitate and instead buy the PS4 at launch
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#101 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I've very often wondered if this was the reason for the delays because the game looked 'done' so very long ago. It would also explain why he left the project because his role was for the most part done and it would be only be a matter of overseeing the transition on a technical level. While it wouldn't be a huge system seller since the genre is very niche, it would be ironic considering ICO was a PS2 launch title. ;)

It would also be a great way to get people to not hesitate and instead buy the PS4 at launch

For me it would, but then again I was going to anyway price pending.

#102 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

I've very often wondered if this was the reason for the delays because the game looked 'done' so very long ago. It would also explain why he left the project because his role was for the most part done and it would be only be a matter of overseeing the transition on a technical level. While it wouldn't be a huge system seller since the genre is very niche, it would be ironic considering ICO was a PS2 launch title. ;)

For me it would, but then again I was going to anyway price pending.

It might not be the system seller, but it could definitely be an exhibition piece to show what the PS4 can do. Everyone already knows that the next gen Madden, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, GTA, ect are going to be made for both the next Xbox and the PS4, but this could be something to help give them a bit of an edge.

Yeah, I know I'm getting a PS4 (and the next Xbox) as well. Right now it's a matter of price and which one I'm going to get first.

The Last Guardian could definitely be that title that pushes me over the edge.

...Also, since we're talking about games that move platforms, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Final Fantasy Versus moves over to the PS4. We haven't really heard much about it for quite some time.
Posted Image

#103 JetTone

JetTone

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

While it wouldn't be a huge system seller since the genre is very niche, it would be ironic considering ICO was a PS2 launch title. ;)

No it wasn't.

#104 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Shuhei Yoshida retweeted that TLG tweet. It's definitely coming for PS4. Now the question is, will it be a launch title? It's seeming like it may very well be. Or at least a launch window title.

I'll buy the PS4 day one, used games or no used games if it's a launch day title.

#105 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

Am I the only one who's totally disinterested and not enthusiastic about the next gen? I have such a backlog and so little time to play games these days that my PS3 could last me for another 4-5 years.

The cost of current systems ($200-300) also seems too high to be retiring them... every other gen, systems can be had for ~$100 around the time a platform is being phased out. This concerns me that Sony and MS are pushing the industry into a much higher cost-range, both for the end user and game development as a whole.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#106 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Am I the only one who's totally disinterested and not enthusiastic about the next gen? I have such a backlog and so little time to play games these days that my PS3 could last me for another 4-5 years.

The cost of current systems ($200-300) also seems too high to be retiring them... every other gen, systems can be had for ~$100 around the time a platform is being phased out. This concerns me that Sony and MS are pushing the industry into a much higher cost-range, both for the end user and game development as a whole.

I am too for the same reasons, I'll probably get in on next gen but not sure if I'll be in the 3 console category this gen, might try to stick to one. I'll probably wait longer this gen before diving in too.

#107 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

I think this at the end of every generation... Then I end up with all the consoles and a ton of games anyway.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#108 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Shuhei Yoshida retweeted that TLG tweet. It's definitely coming for PS4. Now the question is, will it be a launch title? It's seeming like it may very well be. Or at least a launch window title.

I'll buy the PS4 day one, used games or no used games if it's a launch day title.

Judging by your avatar pic I'm sure your just as stoked, if not more for the Last Guardian like I am :bouncy::whee:
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Posted Image

#109 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Nope, I'm in the same boat.

However, if you listen to what the big publishers are saying, the next gen can't come soon enough. I think they are looking for it to boost sales, never mind that declining sales are in at least part to a sluggish economy. I'm sure there is some sales decline due to lost interest in current gen for the "average" person who may only buy 2-3 games per year, but I don't see the next gen consoles being a cure all.

With that said, I'm still curious to see what Sony comes out with, and I'll probably end up buying it at some point in time.

#110 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

which another reason why i don't think we see next gen systems this year. Ps2 was like 120 bucks when ps3 came out. Ps3 JUst came out with a new bundle and another one for 350 is coming out in april. If ps4 is announced on the 20th and coming out in like 7 months why would anyone spend 350 on a new ps3 when ps4 is out in 7 months

#111 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Nope, I'm in the same boat.

However, if you listen to what the big publishers are saying, the next gen can't come soon enough. I think they are looking for it to boost sales, never mind that declining sales are in at least part to a sluggish economy. I'm sure there is some sales decline due to lost interest in current gen for the "average" person who may only buy 2-3 games per year, but I don't see the next gen consoles being a cure all.

With that said, I'm still curious to see what Sony comes out with, and I'll probably end up buying it at some point in time.

game makers on other hand are looking forward to next gen because they have said for years they have pretty much pushed the limit on current gen.

#112 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

For me ps4 and next xbox is auto buy. Seeing i have like 3 years worth of xbox live in cards first system will have to be xbox. Unless ps4 launches with a uncharted game it will not be in my hands for awhile.

#113 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Here's some Do's and Dont's from gametrailers.com for the Sony press conference.

#114 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

It might not be the system seller, but it could definitely be an exhibition piece to show what the PS4 can do. Everyone already knows that the next gen Madden, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, GTA, ect are going to be made for both the next Xbox and the PS4, but this could be something to help give them a bit of an edge.

Yeah, I know I'm getting a PS4 (and the next Xbox) as well. Right now it's a matter of price and which one I'm going to get first.

The Last Guardian could definitely be that title that pushes me over the edge.

...Also, since we're talking about games that move platforms, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Final Fantasy Versus moves over to the PS4. We haven't really heard much about it for quite some time.

I'm pretty sure Rockstar already confirmed GTAV will not be part of the next gen.

#115 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

For me ps4 and next xbox is auto buy. Seeing i have like 3 years worth of xbox live in cards first system will have to be xbox. Unless ps4 launches with a uncharted game it will not be in my hands for awhile.

Interesting. Im surprised anyone feels this way, although once we have concrete details my opinion might change. Given the initial cost ($400ish before any games) and the weak first year of any launch, at this point I couldn't be more disinterested.

Oddly enough, this is probably the first time in my life (working full time, out of college) where I could afford to buy a system at launch without much fanfare, and I would prefer the PS3 go for another 2-3 years.

#116 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

My PS3 is my main gaming console (my Vita is my main handheld). I originally started with the 360 by they way. For me, the PS3 is dated at this point. The lack of voice chat outside of games, the lagginess of the XMB, the 720p or less games with only 30 FPS...it all adds up and I'm definitely ready for a new console...

IF...it is the complete package;

• Smooth interface at all times
  • Voice chat at all times
  • 1080p/60fps on ALL games
  • Eyetoy 2.0 included
  • Multiplayer is still free
  • Netflix/Hulu/Crunchyroll/NHL/etc are launch-window apps
  • $450 or less
Backwards compatibility would be nice, but I just don't see it happening, which I'm OK with. I can either keep my PS3 for BC or trade it in towards a PS4. We'll see. I'm inclined to keep it and move it to the bedroom for blu-ray capabilities and streaming (so we can get rid of our gen 1 Roku).

Oddly enough, this is probably the first time in my life (working full time, out of college) where I could afford to buy a system at launch without much fanfare, and I would prefer the PS3 go for another 2-3 years.

Ditto. And while I'm not in a rush to go out and grab this, I would still like to get one at launch depending on the features/games.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#117 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

PlayStation 4 Controller?

#118 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

PlayStation 4 Controller?

Wow. Not feeling it...

#119 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wow. Not feeling it...

I actually like it. It's not a drastic departure from what we currently have, but it's integrating new features that EVERY developer can take advantage of. I also like that it has what appears to either be a speaker of a microphone, again, something that can be utilized by every developer because it will be bundled.

That's what I felt the MOVE, while...interesting in concept, was a retail failure because it was an additional purchase. Assuming the MOVE-like glow on the controller is for MOVE, I believe we can expect the Eyetoy 2.0 to be bundled, which is another bonus. I just hope it's HD (720p min) so that it can actually track properly (and do proper video chat).

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#120 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I really don't have interest in next gen as well at this time.

The only reason I purchased a Wii U is because they are offering an experience that I cannot currently get any other place (Nintendo 1st party titles in HD and online).

I can get the HD experience with Sony and MS through my PS3 and 360 and have a huge backlog that will give me my fix for both companies.

Unless something truly innovative is announced, I don't plan on buying a "next gen" console for the next couple of years. For me it is not worth hundreds of dollars to play the next generation if it is is only going to be a minor graphical upgrade (needs to be a SD to HD type of upgrade). I'll reserve my final judgement until E3 but like you I'm not really that hyped for the next generation.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013