What games for Laptop?

mat1c

CAG Newbie
I'm a programmer always on the go, so I sold my gaming PC and now use my Thinkpad all the time.
What are the games you guys playing on laptops?

For example I play Subspace, its a 2d online spaceship shooter, and also obviously CS 1.6

Any recommendations?

Check out my list - I have over 9,000+ games on my netbook for gaming on the go.
My top picks are Icy Tower, Dwarf Fortress, DCSS, Streets Of Rage Remake and N.

It depends on your specs. I have a cheap laptop with integrated graphics but was still able to play and enjoy Sleeping Dogs :)

Not sure how the performance is on yours though.

I'll add Legend of Grimrock if you're a fan of good old dungeon crawlers, since I've seen it running on practically everything. It's perfectly enjoyable on small screens, I'd say it's almost better that way than on a 2X'' monitor :)

I only use my laptop for older and less graphically demanding games. Just looking at my Steam account, here are some I have installed right now: Alan Wake, Bastion, GTA: Vice City, Max Payne 1&2, Hotline: Miami, Mask of the Ninja, Star Wars: KOTOR.

I have a pretty good laptop and I can run DmC at around 35 to 40 fps. Sleeping Dogs, Warhammer: Space Marine, Saints Row 3, Hotline Miami, Lucius is kinda cool too. Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight are great games also. So many games to play

Cool thanks for replies guys!

I was actually thinking the Source engine could run on some laptops.

Yeah it all depends on your specs. I use my laptop for all my gaming, since its a "gaming" laptop. What graphics card do you have?

Btw, Source engine games are some of the easiest modern games to run. I have no clue why though.

[quote name='Echoes']Yeah it all depends on your specs. I use my laptop for all my gaming, since its a "gaming" laptop. What graphics card do you have?

Btw, Source engine games are some of the easiest modern games to run. I have no clue why though.[/QUOTE]

I have the HD4000 integrated. I believe its actually located inside the CPU core.

The HD4000 is not bad as far as integrated goes.

You'll have to go to lower settings, but I'd add SC2 and TF2 to that list.

For those looking to take their game mobile without sacrificing too many frame rates, PCMag has rounded up the best gaming laptops.

[quote name='mat1c']I have the HD4000 integrated. I believe its actually located inside the CPU core.[/QUOTE]
You should be able to play any game you want with that, you just may have to settle for low settings.

[quote name='viiral']most games on gog.com will run on laptops[/QUOTE]

This! For a netbook, I've put a bunch of my GOG games onto it for old school goodness. If you're a strategy person, I'd also recommend games from Matrix Games which are low spec (their games are generally full price, but its a niche market thing)

I've read a list of games suggested from you guys.

I'm a little bit curious and I want to try it those games :)

bread's done
Back