The Official CAG February 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll get us started.

2nkat.jpg

Scored these babies for $19 each, shipped, on ebay. THEY ARE AWESOME. Can't wait to get the remaining 7 classes.

2d6lgtz.jpg

I'm one of the few who ordered on the 17th and didn't get canceled. I can't see the logic in it, but I'm not complaining. And of course I had to get this:

2z7h4le.jpg

So classy.

And of course there's Fire Emblem next week. My poor poor wallet.

I don't have pics but I bought a Wii U 8GB with Nintendo Lands and a Wiimote, used only twice, from a friend for $200. I also bought from him a Halo 3 edition Xbox 360 for $30. He told me it has disc reading issues but I tried some of my games that were in good condition and they all worked fine ...... LOL. I guess he didn't test it that much. He just got it with some Nintendo stuff for $35 and wanted to sell the stuff for a profit.

Going last gen with this post. Spent the last week or so looking to get a Gamecube and thanks to a few CAGs and ebay here is my haul.

Platinum Gamecube w/ Wavebird/Controller/Metroid Prime 1 + 2/Wave Race/Soul Calibur II - $60 here on CAG
Super Smash Brothers Melee/Pikmin/Tomb Raider: Legend/Sphinx - $45 or so here on CAG
Mario Kart Double Dash - $21 - Ebay
Super Mario Sunshine - $15 - Ebay
Odama - $8 - Ebay

Zel0eZp.jpg

[quote name='Zaku77']I thank ya! :D[/QUOTE]
you should record some game plays man. you have a great knowledge of all your games and your reviews are spot on!

[quote name='TommyLove']you should record some game plays man. you have a great knowledge of all your games and your reviews are spot on![/QUOTE]

I don't even edit my videos. I have no idea how I would go about capturing any gameplay. I was just joking with my Scottish friend last night, though, that our Dark Souls PVP sessions would make a great Youtube channel. You can come do it for me, yeah? lol =P

[quote name='Zaku77']I don't even edit my videos. I have no idea how I would go about capturing any gameplay. I was just joking with my Scottish friend last night, though, that our Dark Souls PVP sessions would make a great Youtube channel. You can come do it for me, yeah? lol =P[/QUOTE]
I do have Dark Souls! But I can't sorry, I've been slam busy with school work and work. I'll be happy to offer you some advice on how to record game play. I'm not too familar on how to record with sound/commentary though.
As for the editing process, I just do the basic stuff with iMovie.

[quote name='TommyLove']I do have Dark Souls! But I can't sorry, I've been slam busy with school work and work. I'll be happy to offer you some advice on how to record game play. I'm not too familar on how to record with sound/commentary though.
As for the editing process, I just do the basic stuff with iMovie.[/QUOTE]

I'm a PC guy. I use way too many random, goofy little programs that only work on PCs to ever go over to a Mac. I do need to find a nice--preferably free--program that I can use to get some experience with video editing, though.

Xbox 360 4GB With AV And Power Brick
1 White Wireless Controller
1 Black Wireless Controller
Modern Warfare 3
Battlefield 3
Halo Reach
Play And Charge Kit
16GB Memory Stick with Battlefield 3 Premium And His Account On It (quitting xbox all together and moving to pc and didnt need the account anymore has gold until march 26)

$60

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']
20130203_000948_zps3321a569.jpg
[/QUOTE]
That Supaboy looks pretty sweet. I'm considering picking one of those up for my mom so she can get her super mario world fix.

It's pretty neat; rather large but not too heavy. The screen resolution is great and the buttons are rather tight/emulate the regular controller pretty well. Also being able to hook it up to a TV basically just gives me an extra SNES console too.

My only gripe is it emits a high pitch noise when the speakers are on. I'm obscenely sensitive to that noise, so it pisses me off quite a bit if I'm in a quiet room.

Never heard of that. It looks pretty cool, but in terms of just playing ROMs, it seems like it functions exactly the same as a modded PSP. For me personally, nothing beats playing on my original cartridges, so the Supaboy works out rather well in that regard.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Never heard of that. It looks pretty cool, but in terms of just playing ROMs, it seems like it functions exactly the same as a modded PSP. For me personally, nothing beats playing on my original cartridges, so the Supaboy works out rather well in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Oh my stacks of carts arent goin away anytime soon, my sister and her boyfriend basically swiped my Retron 3 system so this was something for me. Trust me theres plenty of GCW Zero vs PSP videos on Youtube, it seems to run ROMs much better and even comes with an HDMI cable to play on tv.

Just bought this today for 54.36 after tax. Saw they went on sale and for that price I couldn't pass one up. Had to drive to around 6-7 gamestops in my area to find one though.

Kck1dKL.jpg

I just got out of class and I saw this huge box at my doorway. What a nice surprise, but no delivery confirmation. Best packaging I've seen.

487640_10151284757910924_1898945630_n.jpg

Got Fire Emblem Awakening even after I called and they say they didn't have it
Glad I was going there anyway and asked.
Protoype 2 from BB for $15 after @Gamer coupon.
Will go later after it drops to $30 all over.

MY FRIEND F***ING SCORED TONIGHT!!!! $230 for ALL of this. Everything is complete, with styrofoam. Most of this stuff is near mint.

He's the same guy who got a crap load of Jurassic Park games haha

28qt0n.jpg

125nxn8.jpg

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']MY FRIEND F***ING SCORED TONIGHT!!!! $230 for ALL of this. Everything is complete, with styrofoam. Most of this stuff is near mint.

He's the same guy who got a crap load of Jurassic Park games haha

28qt0n.jpg

125nxn8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

There is jealous and then there is what I am feeling right now which is jealousy in a rocket blasting into space! So awesome!

IMG_1147_zpsd491721d.jpg

Dead Space Dev Team Add-On. Very shocked at how well this was packed. Glad I decided to get one :D

IMG_1148_zpsf63ae59f.jpg

Amazing Spidey was from GF. Shocked it came with the slip cover too. Meruru was from a trade with a CAG. Bioshock & Anarchy from gamestop. Bought the Etrian games once again since I had sold mine a few months back for $150. I had some trade in credit leftover so I figured why not :razz:

Omg Time Bandits. I haven't seen that one in forever. I'll have to pick it up.

[quote name='Squarehard']
photoquc.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']
2vl4leq.jpg
:)[/QUOTE]

That's pretty sweet. I'm surprised Sony doesn't release any special editions for consoles in the U.S. Microsoft obviously thinks there's a market for them.

[quote name='dodgeme']Just bought this today for 54.36 after tax. Saw they went on sale and for that price I couldn't pass one up. Had to drive to around 6-7 gamestops in my area to find one though.[/QUOTE]

how did you get it for that price, listed as 59.99

[quote name='salty tbone']That's pretty sweet. I'm surprised Sony doesn't release any special editions for consoles in the U.S. Microsoft obviously thinks there's a market for them.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Yeah me too, Sony has released a bunch of LE PSPs but no ps3s. I was looking to get one of these last year. Found a pretty good deal on it so I pulled the trigger. Returned the black slim I bought a month ago.

Pic of system, box pic with wizards edition is a few posts above.
8vuc8g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
IMG-20130206-00491_zps4832a673.jpg

February pickups so far.

The one DS game in there is Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon.

Now if only I could find the time to play these all.

[quote name='Animal7390']how did you get it for that price, listed as 59.99[/QUOTE]

Gamestop is clearancing them out

My latest pick-ups aren't related to video games, so I'll use spoilers. First, for those who remember my T-Rex from last month, I got him a new friend:
dinotri.jpg

dinotri2.jpg

And I got two more cabinets for our board games:
redecoration20.jpg

If anyone is interested in seeing the contents of the cabinets (as well as other stuff), check out this post.

2jbpdky.jpg

GS Pickups.

It's funny, I'm not a big Wii fan by any means but I really enjoy collecting for it. Go figure. They had a really nice copy of DBZ Tenkaichi 3 which I've seen quite a few people posting lately. I came pretty close to buying it but even on ebay it's not selling for the amount GS wants for it. :|

Fire Emblem kind of snuck up on me but it quickly became one of this year's most anticipated games. I've been with the series since the first US release and I can't wait to dive into this one.

Lair I grabbed because it was less than $4 and I want to see if it sucks as bad as I remember. :lol:

$15 for all three games. Second copy of Sinistron if anyone wants to trade.

Picked this all up from Goodwill for $10. I am only keeping the system and Mario Kart.

[quote name='kermit036']
Picked this all up from Goodwill for $10. I am only keeping the system and Mario Kart.[/QUOTE]

Not going to play Kim Possible 3? I've read that it's a decent platformer.

[quote name='parKer']Not going to play Kim Possible 3? I've read that it's a decent platformer.[/QUOTE]

I will have to give it a try. I thought it was the PS2 one that was really good. Kind of funny, but great, that some of these newer cartoon games can be good. Like Danny Phantom and Astro Boy for the GBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back