Photo
- - - - -

BB 2-Day Sale (Hitman HD Trilogy $25, MOH Warfighter $15, Black Ops 2 Wii U $30)

• Please log in to reply
641 replies to this topic

#271 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

So when some of us that take advantage and abuse the coupons/sales mistakes that best buy puts out, don't be here complaining about how many gift cards someone bought with a $50 off coupon or flips we do when best buy treats all of us customers like idiots and not honor their stupid unprofessional mistakes.

would be real nice if best buy sold some punctuation for you to pick up

#272 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

So when some of us that take advantage and abuse the coupons/sales mistakes that best buy puts out, don't be here complaining about how many gift cards someone bought with a $50 off coupon or flips we do when best buy treats all of us customers like idiots and not honor their stupid unprofessional mistakes.

How are the two things related exactly?

#273 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

So where was the original sale price advertised, I cannot find any evidence beyond this thread :(
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#274 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Why is hitman showing $39.99 over here?

I dunno! If only people would talk about this some more! BREAK THE SILENCE!
Posted Image

#275 woodcan

woodcan

TX Regional CAG VP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Was able to pick up Hitman HD Trilogy at the $24.99 sale price over lunch on 360 in Austin. It was the last Premium edition for 360 that I saw.
Spoiler

#276 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cmcat8400050004

shows the $30 savings for the XL if anyone was wondering

edit: hate being on phone with lack of better editing URL skills

#277 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

This is what I'm curious about. Last week the 3DS and XL were both $20 off, so I bought an XL and then the other day only the XL was on sale for $30 off so I got my price adjustment. Now, the site says $30 off still, but shows $199, and the XL is part of this Winter sale which makes me wonder if it's supposed to be even more than $30 off.

I still think it's supposed to be $30 off the price regular price since it looks like they could be extending the sale for a bit longer. BUT I don't work there and it is Best Buy. You can wait it out and see? $169 was a good price point for me so I went ahead and got it.

#278 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Can you run this through Google translate? ;)

#279 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Someone is at it again, lol.

Really, with that kinda attitude, why not just make slick deals your home?

#280 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

Are all of Best Buy's Hitman HD collection games Premium editions? Or did they get vanilla ones too?

#281 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

has anyone tried to pick up the die hard bluray set. I thought it said 19.99 earlier today. obviously the website is showing incorrect prices. just wondering if it scanned at that price for anyone.

#282 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

No luck in Brentwood TN. For the best I guess. None of these prices were backlog good. I can see being bummed if you wanted to play now but if the are just going in a pile the prices will be lower.

#283 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wow! I am soooooo glad I did my order for in store pickup last night so I didn't have to deal with all this drama. Good luck to all cags trying to get in on this deal today. I'm just happy my order is waiting for me already paid for @$25.

#284 fearMr.Met

fearMr.Met

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I just hit the Wilmongton, DE (Concord Pike) store about 20 minutes ago and the Hitman Trilogy for PS3 rang up $39.99. I said I heard about the $25 deal online but didn't specify where. So they went onto bestbuy's site online as I was waiting at the register and it was listed at $39.99. Sucks. This was the cardboard copy with the spider tags on it ftr.

#285 chrislisting

chrislisting

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I was able to get them to give it to me for the original sale price. I added it to cart, price changed at checkout, called them up, told them what happened, they said they were aware of sale price issues at online checkout and told me to call back, I called back and after half an hour, they overrode it to give me the original sale price. but that's only after I was able to show them the sequence of events from the sale link, to check out, then have them verify the sale price, talk to managers, and after about 4 transfers and 2 callbacks, I got it, but its not easy (or worth the time I see now).

#286 TonyCatastrophe

TonyCatastrophe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

I just hit the Wilmongton, DE (Concord Pike) store about 20 minutes ago and the Hitman Trilogy for PS3 rang up $39.99. I said I heard about the $25 deal online but didn't specify where. So they went onto bestbuy's site online as I was waiting at the register and it was listed at $39.99. Sucks. This was the cardboard copy with the spider tags on it ftr.

I just noticed the same thing.. opened a tab on laptop to go back to later after thinking about it and it still is listed as part of the sale but went up in price.

Bastards.

#287 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

NYC 23rd st store update: Just got my 3DS XL for 169. At first, he didn't want to give it to me, but I told him that the site said $30 off. He told me it was a glitch, that the site is acting up. And so he went to show me, and it did show $199. I said, welp, I guess I'm out. I'll buy it off amazon or something and he told me to wait, he was going to get a manager. After waiting for like 10 minutes, a manager came and she was like what? He told her my situation. No joke. She gave him a look and was like, "What's the problem? Give it to her for 169." He was like, but the site. She told him that corporate called and said the site is wrong. The sale prices went live this morning and stopped working mid-way. They have to honor the sale pricing no matter what and that the website is being fixed. Then I got my 3DS XL.

So if you're in NYC go to the 23rd st store. They should honor the sale prices of stuff.

Thanks a lot fellow local.

I will definitely go here and check it. I was always on good terms with them.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#288 Romeo

Romeo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

I also did the same thing....this just proves one of 2 things. Stores systems don't update at the same time or people calling in and asking for price checks aren't getting products actually scanned.

As of an hour ago, RSS shows it as MSRP $40.

#289 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Crap. I was gonna order Hitman and a 12 month Gold sub last night and waited.

Boo.

#290 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

So are all versions at Best Buy premiums or do they have Vanilla ones too.

#291 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I always hate when I decide to get something the day after the sale ends
Posted Image

#292 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

This dead now? They would not honor sale local ahhhh wasted gas..

#293 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Wasn't it supposed to be a 2 day sale? And the 12 month Gold cards were supposed to be on sale through tomorrow weren't they?

I hate Best Buy.

#294 mpaullin

mpaullin

Cheap Ass Lunch-er

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

This is my BB of choice also! Thanks for the report.. saved me a trip over there. I guess I'll just do store pickup if/when it gets fixed online.

#295 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

Thanks a lot fellow local.

I will definitely go here and check it. I was always on good terms with them.

No problem! I hope it works out for whatever you're looking for! I was tempted to see about Hitman, but I just wanted the 3DS. I know that what really helped me was the fact that it still says $30 off on the site. But they really shouldn't give you any problems because they know the site is wrong and there is a sale.

#296 JoeSaru

JoeSaru

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

Well I ordered Hitman HD Trilogy early this morning around 1am for in store pickup. Everything was fine, and I even got a confirmation this morning that it was ready for in store pick up. I got another email about 30 mins. later saying my order had been cancelled. Bastards.

#297 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

I picked up a copy just now for 24.99. As mentioned the price showed correctly on customer kiosk. They had to get the game from the back. Rang up 39.99 after total but they were able to price match since the website instore shows sale price.

#298 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Well if you look up a few post someone said the site is acting up. I plan to call after I get off work and see if I can get it or not personally.
Posted Image

#299 Fracas

Fracas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Well balls, I wanted to buy some games.

#300 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Definitely a glitch and something they'll fix, patience.

If they intended on outright canceling the sale I would imagine they'd take the giant link off the front of the site.

oIi9lub.png