CAGcast #312: It Just Comes Automatically

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

Lots of big topics to discuss this week, including: the Sony announcement, DMC, Ni no Kuni, GTA V, the Medal of Honor franchise and so much more!

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download (1 hour 1 minute) - Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: The Black Hole - Main Title - Bally Astrocade

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

#2 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

Please for the love of god, someone needs to edit CheapyD saying "you don't suck on it, it just comes" and "it was really hard on my hands" and all that hilarious innuendo. I can't stop laughing as I type this. *wipes tears*

Edited by AshesofWake, 01 February 2013 - 08:59 AM.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#3 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

I've noticed you guys haven't played video game demos in a long time. If Wombat wants to get his game playing cred back, just play that stuff for an hour a week.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#4 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Best intro music ever, excited for this show already.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ Raise your bananas ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

#5 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Kinda felt like you guys phoned it in a bit this week, though I just assumed that was because there wasn't THAT much going on in gaming news. Sure, there is the Playstation announcement...of a Playstation announcement. Surprised you guys didn't mention anything about the impending trailer debut for something tomorrow, the one that was kinda God of War-y, and just said "Game On - 2/1/13".

Honestly, I kinda get where you are coming from as to which console I'm going to buy. It's really going to come down to launch titles, price, and controller for me. As of right now, this instant, I'm probably going to get the Nextbox or whatever the hell they are going to call the damn thing. I'm not saying that to start a fanboy war, because I'm not opposed to the PS3. I would love to get one, if they could justify me getting it. I've tried the controller in the kiosks in Target and Game Stop, I just didn't like how it felt in my hand. Even the PS2 I have, I never use the original Dualshock that came with it. I bought a Logitech wireless that is a little bulkier and fits better in my hand, similar to the 360 controller. If Sony can get some games out that I would be interested in, something other than JRPGs and shooters, maybe I'll consider buying one. If I have to drop $900 on one at launch (yes, an exaggeration), forget about it. Same goes with Xbox, though. If the only thing I can buy for it at launch are COD, Halo (I'm a fan of single player Halo only, never been a multiplayer fan of anything), and Gears, I'll wait on a price drop, or something good to come out for it. If Fable IV and Dragon Age III are coming out at launch, and it doesn't cost an ungodly amount, I might consider buying it at launch. That said, I'm still of the opinion that we will not see either one of them launch this fall. Fall 2014, definitely. This year? Nope. I'd believe that there will be an announcement about them both this year, no doubt, just not a launch.

I am glad to hear you guys agree with my thoughts that any games released at the very least this fall, maybe over the next couple years will, indeed, be cross-generational. That gives me hope that I might very well be able to play Dragon Age III this year. lol

#6 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

Some-ting was missing from that cagcast.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#7 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Can't wait to listen!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#8 felix559

felix559

Forever Backlogged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

quick show, but entertaining as always. i really dug the bit about keeping a console's consumer base after the next gen; sony did a great job with that(ps2 production in japan stopped less than a month ago), but that was greatly due to lack of backward compatability and to a lesser extent the churning out of lackluster budget titles. I still have a ps1 and a ps2...im that dumb.

ps1-1995/2006-fall release
ps2-2000/2013-spring release
ps3-2006/????-fall release
ps4-2013(TBD)

Edited by felix559, 01 February 2013 - 12:41 PM.
dumbface

#9 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I haven't heard that score from the Blackhole since the VHS era.
Thanks for reopening the psychological scars of Anthony Perkins' guts being blended and churned by Maximilian's Cuisinart hands and seeing the zombie/lobotomized space slave crew as a young tyke. Disney's most horrific movie release ever. *Goes fetal* Save me V.I.N.C.E.N.T.

Seriously though, I can't wait for DEAD SPACE 3, micro-transactions . . . not so much.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#10 Vangerdahast

Vangerdahast

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Paul Williams, Cannonball run w/ that really tall cowboy old dude w/ the mustache right? I can't get the out-takes from that movie outta' my head for some reason. Sammy Davis, "Rosary bleads."

How about a Greatest American Hero theme song intro for the next one.

So I have been waiting for a good time to start White Witch, do I really need a hint book to enjoy it & keep it movin'?

I finished Gun also Cheapy & ... Eragon which was a CAG call that I ordered for $9. Condemned & Prey were a couple of gems back in tha' day also. Why can't new games be as scary as Condemned or Dead Space or ... The original Clocktower w/ Scissorman? Lol, forgot the bad guy's name. Before all of these great game experiences, anyone else play Friday the 13th & find Jason's mom's head on the table?

#11 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

"You don't need to suck it, it just comes automatically." - Cheapy 2013
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#12 testudo

testudo

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

I don't even remember asking that question. I actually asked a more relevant question VERY RECENTLY, but that wasn't answered EITHER...

http://cdnroot.cheap...=71382&page=306

maybe i'll wait another 100 episodes or so.

ALSO:

Cheapy you can play Ni no Kuni on Normal then switch to easy if you are grinding too much.

Edited by testudo, 01 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.
ninokuni

"I'm saving your future for a rainy day."
Check out the best gaming website in/for the world: sustainablegamers.tumblr.com

#13 neversawthestars

neversawthestars

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Speaking of next gen, I prolly wont buy anything for a good year or 2 til the next ps4 or nextbox fix all their janky early adopter models. Going forward it looks better for sony tho imo this time round since they have a larger bevy of 1st party dev games and 2nd party support outside of smaller dl titles.

If you want way less retail exclusives and more bite sized mini games exclusives/timed exclusives like trials, mark of the ninja, fez ect than go with the new xbox. If you want a bevy of retail exclusive 1st and 2nd party games and exclusive 3rd party dlc as well as less in number but more industry acclaimed dl titles journey, black swan, pixel junk ect than go ps4

It all comes down to if microsoft tries another pay to play multiplayer or access features sub model again, or goes a different route with LIVE next gen to compete with PLUS.
Will PS4 keep a strong Plus showing and keep the free to play model or go this gens xbox Lives route for that matter?

one thing is for sure for both companys with folks like steam and rumored apple wanting to compete.

Microsoft cant depend on 3rd partys anymore to be their only selling point this next gen of making the argument that their games look marginally better and maybe occasionally have a timed selling point while putting out less and less exclusives every year. Also stop with the bs that paying to access multiplayer and built in sysytem features makes somehow the xbla a better experience. it doesnt. Oh and stop burying your game tabs in Ads for moutain dew its f'ing stupid. In fact get rid of silverlight please.

Sony cant rely on word of mouth of its offerings and needs to actually market and stop with pushing new tech on consumers who arent ready nor the market like 3d or simulview ect and soon to be 4k tvs. Stop focusing on gimmicky bs! Work on redesigning and ease of access to your store front with the consumer in mind. Its nice and all you finally gave us all access to your webstore and all but when its better than using the store from the xmb than thats a problem. Oh and this next gen how about dont segregate your market and pack in a headset and or Move if you...*sigh* try to use it again.

Kinect...Move... you both suck and need to die in a fire. Your gimmicky AND A NOVELTY. Sorry baller beatz, Sorcery, dance central, and wonderbook.

that is all.

Edited by neversawthestars, 01 February 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#14 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Awesome Intro Music! Just needed to say that before I listed to the show!
Posted Image

#15 Darth Sontin

Darth Sontin

Ostrava of Boletaria

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Wombat, you don't need to play games for us to love you! The Bullshit Quotient of the show wouldn't be the same without you!
Posted Image

#16 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

You also need cable to get ESPN on the 360, but it's still a useful service that makes paying for Gold feel like less of a rip-off. I've watched quite a few soccer games on there recently.

Cheapy should play P4 Golden on the Vita and let his wife watch a TV show for a change.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#17 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

Interesting theory about Grand Theft Auto 5, though they've always had a closer relationship with Microsoft then Sony. Perhaps it is the opposite, perhaps they delayed GTA 5 in order to produce an upconvert version as a launch title for the next xbox.

Launch is a time for a new IPs, so unless Microsoft hits a few good ones they are going to be in trouble as pretty much all their quality IPs save Halo, Forza, and Gears have been poached for the other systems. Sony still has boatloads of quality, exclusive IPs to pair with the new IPs that will be launched, so even if most of them fail, they have others to fall back on.

I don't intend to buy any next gen systems for a year or two, but knowing nothing about the two, I would probably pick the playstation as Sony's launch systems don't have a history of a high failure rate.

Guardian_owl.png

#18 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

We all know nexgen is imminent. Honestly, I'm hoping that Sony's big presser on the 20th is to announce a new gaikai-onlive style steaming service will be coming to the PS3 on the 21st of February!

@h3bring3er

Disney's the Black Hole is high on my personal list of films I want to see remade. (Yes, the original is still great but still....wireframe graphics FTL.)
Posted Image

#19 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

I have a request for future shows. I'm probably being a needy a-hole but if you guys could put in the show notes the books, tv shows, movies, you guys mention on the cagcast. The ones you recommend for example like the Billion Dollar Batman Wombat mentioned for example or "watch this bitches" suggestions. Sometimes I'm listening in my car or somewhere that I'm unable to write down the names of stuff you guys mention to check out later and either forget or have a hell of a time trying to find the right moment when you guys mentioned it because of something else I'm doing. I know I'm probably asking for a lot, but it would be appreciated if you could!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#20 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Whenever I don't have school, my video gaming does decrease. I spend that time watching tv shows.

Batsugunner.png

#21 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

For new releases you missed Wordament for the web, the first browser based game with Xbox Live achievements. Free. You just need to sign into Xbox.com. Nice time waster if you're at your desk. http://www.xbox.com/...oduct/wordament

#22 banodyne

banodyne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

One of the nice features of Skulls of the Shogun you forgot to mention, not only does it have cross platform multiplayer, it also saves your campaign across platforms. Automatically, nothing to login to. So play a level on your phone and pick up where you left on Xbox 360 when you get home.

Edited by banodyne, 01 February 2013 - 10:50 PM.
URL

#23 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Don't mind the haters Wombat
You are the wonder of the year.

Also I demand the return of CAG foreplay

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#24 GameDemonKing

GameDemonKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well, I was disappointed that CheapyD nor Wombat or Shipwreck didn't mentioned in episode 311 that Pandora's Tower was announced for the Wii considering that the episode had a bit of Nintendo talk due to the Nintendo Direct episode. With that considered, do you still keep your old consoles and wait until the publishers stop releasing games from the previous console before some if not all move on to the next generation of consoles. Also, did you three had a chance to play Xenoblade Chronicles (GameStop exclusive) and/or The Last Story that came to the US that in a way that a group called Operation Rainfall had heavily supported in getting Nintendo to release these games?

#25 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

I think Shipwreck is the only one who actually plays more video games outside of an Xbox/PS3.

Batsugunner.png

#26 Melbolt65

Melbolt65

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

I don't even remember asking that question. I actually asked a more relevant question VERY RECENTLY, but that wasn't answered EITHER...

http://cdnroot.cheap...=71382&page=306

maybe i'll wait another 100 episodes or so.

ALSO:

Cheapy you can play Ni no Kuni on Normal then switch to easy if you are grinding too much.

and I don't remember being signed in to your account when I posted it, but myself, I felt it was relevant, especially with the potential PS4 anouncement.

#27 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

I fell asleep during "Watch This Bitches". Don't shoehorn the segment into every episode if you have to talk about some junk kindle book you read, yes READ. For the love of gaming, that is not a suggestion to make a what did you read segment.

I like Wombat and what he adds to the show. What's with all the "gamer cred" upset with Wombat, who played X-com, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, etc. Until he says "Oblivion and Skyrim owe GTA for the open world/sandbox". Guess he forgot Elder Scrolls 1, 2, and 3 exist. Or any other PC game that invented the genre before GTA was in development or still on GTA1/2 which were top down driving/shooting games.

Love it when you 3 discuss gaming news and share your opinions on it. So while you didn't have much "What did you play" and "What's coming out", still enjoyed the episode.

#28 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Honestly I mostly listen to the CAGcast for the banter between Cheapy D, Wombat, and Shipwreck and the game discussion is just a byproduct. I would consider myself a "gamer" and I don't play nearly as many games as even Wombat. Life and other interests just get in the way sometimes.

Keep in mind also that no one on the CAGcast gets paid to play games, just to make sexual innuendos.
Posted Image

#29 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I fell asleep during "Watch This Bitches". Don't shoehorn the segment into every episode if you have to talk about some junk kindle book you read, yes READ. For the love of gaming, that is not a suggestion to make a what did you read segment.

I like Wombat and what he adds to the show. What's with all the "gamer cred" upset with Wombat, who played X-com, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, etc. Until he says "Oblivion and Skyrim owe GTA for the open world/sandbox". Guess he forgot Elder Scrolls 1, 2, and 3 exist. Or any other PC game that invented the genre before GTA was in development or still on GTA1/2 which were top down driving/shooting games.

Love it when you 3 discuss gaming news and share your opinions on it. So while you didn't have much "What did you play" and "What's coming out", still enjoyed the episode.

No reason to be an asshole as that wasn't what I said. I said that in this generation the open world game is better than it ever has been and that GTA isn't the only game in town. At its peak GTA was the best open world experience out there and games like skyrim and oblivion owe a lot to GTA success.

#30 Hast

Hast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

On the "Far Cry 3 is racist" thing...

I think the most notable thing about this discussion is that first and foremost Far Cry 3 is a videogame. And pretty much all videogames (particularly RPG and open world games) suffer from the "completely useless NPC syndrome". It doesn't matter if you're on a tropcial island, fighting dragons in Skyrim or doing fetch quests on the Citadel in Mass Effect; the one pervasive rule is that all NPCs are useless and they would die of starvation if the player wasn't there to go herd their stupid sheep.

Personally I find that twisting this into a discussion about race simply because it's taking place in a country where the natives are predominantly non-white is a bit tedious. But then again, I'm a priviliged white man, so what do I know of injustice?

BTW I didn't get the impression that Wombat was claiming the game to be racist. He more seemed to bring the topic up and when both Ship and Cheapy said "no" it was pretty much discussion over.