Cheapest smartphone i can get on ebay

it4solution

CAGiversary!
I currently have a htc vivid with a cracked screen that i want to sell. I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan so option a is to sell my current phone and get a cheaper one and save rest of the money.

What would be the cheapest att smartphone i could find on ebay. Any knowledge on this?

Also option b is to buy a non smartphone like a motorola razr, samsung solstice or htc inspire(this one being around $50, wanted to spend less. I would lose my grandfather deal if i ever wanted to switch back later, which is likely.

Would the sim card from the htc vivid fit into these smartphones.

I would be saving $30 a month and could buy a decent tablet instead, i dont go out much so it seems like a noob phone and a tablet would suit me better. Thanks if you can give me any knowledge on the questions i had

how far are you from your upgrade? because if your eligibility for upgrade is close, i would suggest just waiting it out that way you'll keep you grandfathered plan since unlimited data is hardly available these days. companies that provide unlimited data plans have pretty slow connectivity so its like having the dial-up of data plans. but if you're keen on buying a new phone, might i suggest looking in your local area on craigslist first? there's always someone that uses their upgrades to sell a new phone at a cheaper price than retail to make some quick cash.

i wouldn't advise on going non smartphone, just from the trend of phone companies consistently releasing nothing but smartphones. i've had a few friends as well that switched to non smartphones in order to save money and eventually, they switch back. only people that i really see that are able to use regular phones these days are the elderly who don't care much about any other feature but being able to call people.

the sim card is transferable so you wont have any issue in that matter. only phone ive come across so far that's different is the iphone 5 which uses a mini sim i believe?

hope all that helps :]

An older windows phone. I was able to find a cheap samsung focus months ago. I imagine they've dropped in price. Otherwise look for older android phones

[quote name='AJVtony831']An older windows phone. I was able to find a cheap samsung focus months ago. I imagine they've dropped in price. Otherwise look for older android phones[/QUOTE]

How much did the focus cost then? att ones are like 40-60

If you're looking for sub $50, you're either looking at craigslist or a non-smart phone from a prepaid pack. You might be able to get a new Nokia E6, or whichever ATT model it is, from a prepaid pack if you look hard enough.

the nokia e61 is a good price, i only see the e61i version. A comparable phone to that is the samsung blackjack. anyone have experience with either one of these.

And to serene it says im not eligible until 11/13 but bill is a bit behind so that might effect it. The reason i was thinking of getting rid of grandfathered data plan is because 1) i really dont seem to use it much besides ocassional games and using ebay app. and 2)im on parents plan so when i get out on my own im going to lose it anyway, and i feel like ill be on my own soon, i hope. Guess i gotta think it over. Someone bid on my phone already so i gotta think fast

If you, or your parents, are paying $25 or less for the plan, I would keep it and think of it as an investment on future usage as it's not going to get any cheaper. Even if ypu want to go off their plan, you should be able to emancipate the number and it's plan features for yourself.

If you get a non-android phone, get a Nokia and don't look elsewhere. There are tons of apps for them too.

bread's done
Back