• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 funjoe

funjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Looks like the recent release, with all four films and the new bonus disc. Great deal, the set is still in the $45 range on Amazon. Backordered but still available for shipping, and immediate in-store pickup is available if you live close to a B&M location.

#2 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Does that come with Unrated version of Live Free or Die hard? They should at least add a free movie ticket.

#3 funjoe

funjoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Looks like it is the PG-13 version, not the unrated. Based on the early reviews I'm actually considering cancelling my order. I have two of the four on DVD and one on blu-ray already; the general consensus seems to be the quality of this set is not much better than the existing DVDs and the bonus disc is good but not great. So, still a good deal if you don't already have most of the films in one format or another I guess.

#4 anderson4145

anderson4145

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Pretty good deal although BestBuy did have it for $19.99 earlier today. There are rumors that there will be a new box set with the release of A Good Day to Die Hard on blu-ray with better transfers of the first 3 movies. So if you can wait a few months for the release I'd suggest it.

#5 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

There will most definitely be a 5-movie box set eventually. Dunno if it will be released the same day as Good Day, but by next summer it will be on store shelves.

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

It's $14.99 with upgrade and save if you can find it at your local BB. Today and Tomorrow only

!9.99 otherwise: http://www.bestbuy.c...=3594900&loc=01

#7 movie_mike

movie_mike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I love this series but I'm more than happy with my DVDs until they issue a decent remastering on Blu. I watched my parents copy of the series and was pretty underwhelmed. With Die Hard 5, I'm hoping for that remastering job (and better artwork - that "exploding Bruce" just doesn't work).

I know Bruce went on record saying that he'd like to do 1 more Die Hard and close out the series with 6 films - so maybe we'll be waiting another 3-5 years. With my luck, by then we'll be onto 4k Blu/Red Rays by that time :-/

#8 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

Yeah, I'm holding out for a hopeful 5 movie set with better transfers and the unrated Live Free or Die Hard.

Thanks anyway op.
Posted Image

#9 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:52 AM

No longer on sale at Fry's, but it is on sale on Amazon and Best Buy for $29.99.
607033.png

#10 Pounce!

Pounce!

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Still show shipping only. Anyone know if $10 HMM attached?

#11 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Found this in-store at Costco for $18.99.

#12 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I found the single release for Live Free or Die Hard today. It is a combo pack with new artwork, but it DOES include the Extended Edition...on DVD. :)

#13 LordTobert

LordTobert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's the deal of the day today (2/14/13) on Amazon for $25.