Die Hard Collection Blu-Ray $24.99 Fry's

Looks like it is the PG-13 version, not the unrated. Based on the early reviews I'm actually considering cancelling my order. I have two of the four on DVD and one on blu-ray already; the general consensus seems to be the quality of this set is not much better than the existing DVDs and the bonus disc is good but not great. So, still a good deal if you don't already have most of the films in one format or another I guess.

Pretty good deal although BestBuy did have it for $19.99 earlier today. There are rumors that there will be a new box set with the release of A Good Day to Die Hard on blu-ray with better transfers of the first 3 movies. So if you can wait a few months for the release I'd suggest it.

There will most definitely be a 5-movie box set eventually. Dunno if it will be released the same day as Good Day, but by next summer it will be on store shelves.

I love this series but I'm more than happy with my DVDs until they issue a decent remastering on Blu. I watched my parents copy of the series and was pretty underwhelmed. With Die Hard 5, I'm hoping for that remastering job (and better artwork - that "exploding Bruce" just doesn't work).

I know Bruce went on record saying that he'd like to do 1 more Die Hard and close out the series with 6 films - so maybe we'll be waiting another 3-5 years. With my luck, by then we'll be onto 4k Blu/Red Rays by that time :whistle2:/

I found the single release for Live Free or Die Hard today. It is a combo pack with new artwork, but it DOES include the Extended Edition...on DVD. :)

bread's done
Back