Defiance (MMO) Discussion Thread - Xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#31 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Got my xbox beta invite email just a few minutes ago from trion games. Looking forward to trying it out. Still on the fence about pre-order/day 1 pickup so this should sway me one way or another.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

I'd start checking your e-mail now as beta codes are being sent. Just received mine a few moments ago. The beta is a little over 5 gigs which is the least of my concerns at this point. After Infinite I have absolutely nothing else of interest to look forward to this year besides Remember Me so I pray I can get into this something fierce. Servers should be online 8 am PDT (11 am EST I believe).

Stop trying to Scooby-Doo this. We're not going to solve this mystery for you. 

#33 xXTwilightXx

xXTwilightXx

CaG Intermediate Nubbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

coo just got my beta invite. now the long wait begins

#34 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Some cases of severe lag aside the beta feels pretty damn solid. Very content with what I've seen thus far.

#35 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah pretty bad lag for me. Character menu lag, hold x to activate this or that lag, "special power" (forgot what they call it) lag, etc. I played around 11 central this morning for about 30 mins. Will probably try again tonight. I want to like it. Writing so far seems rather generic and voice acting seems ehh. Graphics look pretty nice. Seems complex enough.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#36 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

Amen. Severe constant lag will be the death of this game as it can utterly cripple you from doing anything even remotely important (reviving yourself or others, activating or completing objectives, opening menus, leaving vehicles, etc.) Oddly enough it rarely prohibits shooting and never seems to affect your ability to throw grenades at all. Dashboarding then booting back up fixes the problem but no one wants to go through that shit on a regular basis. I honestly can't judge the story based on the beta content, but the voice acting sadly is hit or miss.

I plan to play as much as possible because they seriously need the data. If launch week is relatively lag free then I could see myself dedicating a lot of time to this easily.

#37 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Wish I had beta invite

#38 Ultimate Matt X

Ultimate Matt X

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

I'm definitely picking this up, but right now I'm on the PS3 Beta because of PS Plus. If I don't get a 360 Beta invite I'll see you guys once the game comes out.

#39 xXTwilightXx

xXTwilightXx

CaG Intermediate Nubbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

this lag is the worst ive ever experienced almost feels like dial up!

#40 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

I know there has been quite a few free 360 floating around. I know IGN just gave out a few. It's a good 5gb at that as well.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 23 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#41 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

anyone here playing in the Beta? how is the game?
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#42 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Since the patch during downtime the beta has been running buttery smooth. Hardly any lag what so ever. I suggest everyone take advantage of it now while they still can before word spreads, haha.

#43 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Yay! No lag at all when I played tonight. Played through both co-op missions with my nephew. I'm really enjoying it so far. Ammo is a little scarce/enemies have a lot of life - but really it's not bad at all - keeps it fun. Random item chests ms point microtransaction offerings a la ME3. But also looks like you can get them with some in-game currency as well. The EGO special powers seem cool - lots to choose from.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#44 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

What went out is comin' back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:35 AM

Is it down right now? Just tried to log in for the first time and I got a bunch of errors on the title screen, followed by "The Defiance service is unavailable."

Ryuukishi634.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#45 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Wasn't able to log in last night at all. Pretty negative first impression of the game, I have to say. :P I'll try again before the beta period is over but at this point I'm strongly considering moving the taking the AMZ credit I used to preorder this and putting it on Fuse instead.

#46 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

got the beta, need to try it out

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#47 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

All my friends convinced me to get this one. Going to go pre-order this during lunch.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#48 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Can't decide I 60 dollars like or not. I'd have to see a video of a more polished product before buying. Might hold off for 40 or a part of a b2 g1 sale. I could see myself playing it but I'll probably grow tired of it since I doubt any of my friends will.

#49 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Man... I'm going to miss the hell out of this beta once it's done.

#50 bordjon

bordjon

tastes good on the bun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yeah the beta has been pretty solid. The mega arkfalls with a ton of people are a bit laggy for me and my nephew is on an older non-slim xbox and has had a few lockups and glitchy stuff happen during those big arkfalls. My slim just locked up on me for the first time while playing the beta about 30 mins ago. I'm actually *still* on the fence about it. Amazon just put up a 20 amazon video credit but it's only good for the tv show. If they'd just put up even a 10 gc for it I'd do it damnit!
Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 koalak

koalak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

at 108 arkfall codes!
GameShampoo username: lokik
Playing:
Rift: lvl 14 Rogue (Ranger/Marksman/Saboteur)
WoW: lvl 57 Hunter (Beast Master)

#52 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

everytime i tried to play it gave me an error.... delted and gave up

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#53 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

everytime i tried to play it gave me an error.... delted and gave up

Same here... Tried to log in again last night, still got nothing but server errors.

#54 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

I was able to log on 2 times and it was great but it would end up freezing on me after about an hour in and then it was just too much of a hassle to keep trying through those errors. Still not sure if I will be buying it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

I'm getting it. Just not sure on the version though. I'm debating between the regular edition and the ultimate edition. I don't care for any of the physical items though just the digital stuff that comes with it. Leaning more to the regular since I am all ready getting a bit bored during the beta.

EDIT: nevermind i'm going to wait. I was talking to my friends and there was just too many glitches during the beta and we were all ready getting a bit bored of it. I'd rather wait til a deal and get it during b2 g1 or 40 or under. It felt kind of cheap.

Edited by sleepydumbdude, 28 March 2013 - 05:10 AM.

#56 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

More than 120 Arkfall codes up.

http://orcz.com/Defi...fall_Codes_List

#57 Ink.So.Well.

Ink.So.Well.

Well.Went.Wild.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

I had assumed 120 was the max though I'm certainly not complaining. I personally can't wait to get my hands on this next week.

#58 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Ark Hunter Codes:
  • 35P72U
  • NFQ7PG
  • 8UNKAD
  • YRE5SN
  • HP9X6X
  • C2VNDF
  • XQBG4H
  • 4HT2G9
  • LYCEHY
  • 7P8NDC

#59 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

does anyone know if Bestbuy is getting the Doge Charger as well or only the other retailers like Amazon & Gamestop?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Best Buy should be getting it since it seems like a first run pre-order thing and isn't retail specific. I really enjoyed the beta so I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up next week, hopefully my friends who were gonna get it as well stay interested in it so we can have a group going.

659629.png?68329996