PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#1 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

They don't list used PSP Go's online outside of the refurb units, but I figured some people would be interested in knowing that USED PSP Go systems are now $49.99. I believe they used to be $60-70 just a week ago. I managed to find a white one, complete in box in pretty much mint shape for this price. I'm not sure if it was a new to used transfer or what, but this is pretty much the price point I've been waiting for on it.

The main advantage of the system for me is being able to use a Dualshock 3, which is great for if you output it to a tv.

EDIT* Also, for anyone interested, you can get a cheap cradle for it too for about 14 shipped of TRU right now...
http://www.toysrus.c...dFindSrc=search

Edited by Gosha, 02 February 2013 - 03:57 AM.

#2 Minions

Minions

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

None around here apparently "None within 100 mile radius"

#3 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's saying $60 online still. But you mentioned USED not "Recharged and Refurbished," so they're different. Try searching systems on Gamestop's site and it's a friggin' maze to find a cheap one.

Apparently the "USED" designation is gone from the site or something replace by "R & R." I don't know what's up with that, but it still means finding $50 PSP Gos is a YMMV situation now.
I'd like to know the instore prices of the PSP 3000 btw.

Batsugunner.png

#4 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, its strange to me why they don't have the listing on the site just for the store locator thing. Best bet if you want one is to just check out a store, then have them do an inventory search in the area if they don't have one.

#5 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

PSP 2k's go for about 50-60$ at gamestop too if i'm not mistaken.

The Go to me though is highly desirable. Because it has the best screen.

#6 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Woot! Called like 10 stores around me and only one had them. About to go tomorrow to nab one. Hopefully one of you guys don't beat me to it first. ;) Thanks for the heads up OP! After having $32 gift cards, I'll get one for less than $20!

#7 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

Now this is my buying point. Success!

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#8 likeme

likeme

LOVE ME SOME RPG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

Bandai needs to release digital tales games

#9 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Bandai needs to release digital tales games

I just checked in the PSN store about 5 min ago and they offered only one: Tales of the Skies or something like that?

#10 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

I can confirm this; bought my second PSP Go from a GS yesterday for $50. Also got a nice Sony branded accessories kit for $5.

Got my first used one for $70 two months ago, and it came with about 8 games on it (some great ones like KZ:L and Motorstorm:AE). Great little handheld that can run all kinds of stuff. And the screen does look nicer than the big PSPs.

#11 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

The PSPGo is probably my favorite system right now.

Add component video cables, a charging cradle, and a PS3 controller and you have a PSP/PS1 (and more if you use some tricks) that you can use as a console and on the go.

can only use them on hdtvs
WOOOO I STINK

#12 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

can only use them on hdtvs

Nope. Sony made a composite cable for the go and some SD tvs have component inputs.

#13 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:26 AM

I loved the PSPGo for all of the week I owned one. I'd definitely consider picking one up at this price even though I already have two PSPs and a Vita.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#14 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

I loved the PSPGo for all of the week I owned one. I'd definitely consider picking one up at this price even though I already have two PSPs and a Vita.

That's pretty much exactly what my previous experience was with the Go, picked it up and thought it was cool then returned since still a bit too much, but as you've said at this price it's become a no brainer for me. ^__^

#15 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

sploosh

#16 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Yup, sure can.

Great, thanks! I will go tomorrow to GS and see if they still have one laying around.

TS, does your receipt have some king of item number or something? Does it say USED or Refurbished? I would assume they are the same, but you never know w/ GS.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#17 SerOnionKnight

SerOnionKnight

CAG title goes here

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Walked into my local store and picked up the only one they had. Great condition with no scratches too which is a rarity from what Ive seen. Thanks for the heads up OP +1 to you sir!

#18 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Great, thanks! I will go tomorrow to GS and see if they still have one laying around.

No problem, you're welcome!

Id post a link to some info but I don't believe that's allowed considering the stance on homebrew. But you can just find a guide on youtube with step by step instructions. I did.

#19 e Skrilla

e Skrilla

64Bit Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Yea I'm going to snag one for myself as well.
Posted Image

#20 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

I just bought a "Like-new" one at eBay for like $80! ): and although it was "Like-new," and I asked the seller if it did not have any scratch on the screen before buying and he replied "no," I noticed two little scratches on the screen when it arrived :/ I don't mind about them but they are visible when the PSP Go is turned on u.u - I hate when people choose a better condition on their items so they will sell quickly:/ but for $50 I could try and find another one with hopefully no scratches! (:

Anyway, Does anyone know if I go to the store and they have several PSP Go's for sale, they will let me choose the one I want or they would give me a random one?

#21 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Anyway, Does anyone know if I go to the store and they have several PSP Go's for sale, they will let me choose the one I want or they would give me a random one?

Although it's very unlikely at this point, but if there are multiple ones you can just ask to see all of them because you want to pick the best one and they will be more than happy to oblige.

#22 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Never even considered getting one before this...so, thanks guys lol

#23 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

LOVE my PSP Go, still use it every day. I recommend getting a 16 gig memory card to go with it for 32 gigs total. I have movies, music, and games maxing out my memory. Also I highly recommend this travel case, in fact for $5 this is a MUST!

http://www.amazon.co...rds=psp go case

#24 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

Put a link to a cheap cradle from TRU too in the OP. Getting harder to find those now. I believe to power it though, you need the AC adapter from a 3000 PSP, but don't quote me on that.

#25 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Really? on avg, how much space does a PSP game take up?

Can be anywhere from 100mb to a gb.

#26 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Put a link to a cheap cradle from TRU too in the OP. Getting harder to find those now. I believe to power it though, you need the AC adapter from a 3000 PSP, but don't quote me on that.

I'm going to quote you because yes you do need that.

If you are going to do the video out thing you really owe it to yourself to get a PS3 controller to use with it even if you don't own a PS3. Needs to be Sony DS3 though.

#27 plutoknight

plutoknight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:44 AM

Bah, and I just bought one second-hand for 70 (with the cradle). Granted, it's in great condition.....but still !

Bah.

#28 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:28 AM

I wish the store locator didn't suck. I'd love to snag one, I'll have to make a few phone calls tomorrow.

:edit: I'm kind of disappointed you can't hook up 2 controllers to it. Would have been cool to be able to play multiplayer through the TV. Ah well.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)

#29 fore1337

fore1337

Back to a normal avatar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

I wish the store locator didn't suck.

LOL Love your screen name.

Just keep calling, be cool and ask about the condition of the unit. Some store managers spent time finding me a good one. DON"T buy the first one you find in stock, unless it's in perfect condition. A little diamond in the rough will turn up.

Say, does anyone have a lead on CHEAP PSP-3000 PSUs? I've got the cradle, but no power for it yet.

#30 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:46 AM

I actually found a link on google for a different page with the recharged systems. It's still listed at $60, but the store locator appears to be more accurate. There's about 5 stores listed near me through this link, as opposed to none through the other one. Might be worth adding to the OP for anyone interested.

http://www.gamestop....furbished/90578

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Fallout 3: GOTY (1100/1550), 2014 FIFA World Cup (50/1000)