PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#301 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Not really, but the cradle is nice because it can also charge your Go while it's plugged into the TV, but basically it makes everything much cleaner for use because you can just have it plugged into the cradle. More for convenience if anything.

and I assume battery drain while outputting is way higher so the battery would last even less.

Cool guys, thanks bought a Beautiful looking White PSPGo, Cradle and Component Cable for less than 60! Psyched for some Dissidia and FFTactics WOTL on the TV :D

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#302 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Battery drain is way less when outputting to a TV.

#303 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

Battery drain is way less, and that's without putting it on the cradle? Very interesting. I may want to get one soon, if I didn't want to spend the same amount on a Sega Saturn, or something that might pop up on Craigslist or etc.

Batsugunner.png

#304 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

This sucks, because if you want to properly use the cradle to output the video to the TV and charge while doing so, you have to buy an extra AC adapter that was used with the older PSP models.

No idea why they didn't put two usbs on the cradle, instead of one usb and the yelllow charge nub for the older ones.

Now I have to buy an old school psp adapter as well to charge while playing connected to my tv. yay.

It's pretty much necessary from the extra battery drain from outputting and using bluetooth to use a PS3 controller with it.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#305 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

This sucks, because if you want to properly use the cradle to output the video to the TV and charge while doing so, you have to buy an extra AC adapter that was used with the older PSP models.

Looks like you can get an extra one for like 4 bucks shipped on amazon (ac adapter).

http://www.amazon.co...=psp ac adapter

#306 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Bit the bullet and bought a like new PSP Go Cradle from Amazon through a third party seller for $22.99 shipped. Finding a Psp Go cradle locally for me is like finding a needle in a hay stack, good thing the component cables are cheap and I already have psp 3000 wall charger. Will be going on vacation and this is the best alternative to having a home console. Now have to buy more PSP games to keep me busy.
Posted Image

#307 jskatt21

jskatt21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Called my local Gamestops an neither had any in stock and said only one store in MN had any. Any one willing to help a CAG out? Bad thing is I wanted to use some credit I had :(

#308 mrmafia33

mrmafia33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

How much do the games cost on the playstation store? I'm a 360 guy, don't have a ps3

#309 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I'm torn about keeping this. I love it, although a tad small for my hands. I might trade it for some super nintendo systems and games at the flea market this weekend.

#310 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

How much do the games cost on the playstation store? I'm a 360 guy, don't have a ps3

If you're a j-rpg person this is the ideal time to pick one up.

Tons of square PSone era rpgs are half off (for the next week I believe).

4.99 for most.

#311 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

You can look into the PSN thread to get an idea of what things generally cost when they go on sale, but generally that's when people buy PSN stuff. There is a weekly sale for PSN stuff that updates generally around Tuesday each week, so just kind of browse through and take a look to get a good idea. Price of course will vary, so I can't really give you an accurate estimate since I don't really know exactly what you'd be purchasing.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#312 stabito

stabito

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

does the pspgo look any better on a tv than older models or do they all look the same

#313 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Battery drain is less because the screen for the go is turned off when outputting to a TV and that is the most significant drain on the battery. I haven't used the Go but I'm sure it is the same as the 3000.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan   :vita: Danganronpa

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#314 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Battery drain is less because the screen for the go is turned off when outputting to a TV and that is the most significant drain on the battery. I haven't used the Go but I'm sure it is the same as the 3000.

That still doesn't make sense to me for such a small screen; I would assume it needs more power to send through the cables. Do you have any proof or article I could read on it?

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#315 dutch72

dutch72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Picked up a black one in pristine condition, couldn't be happier. Currently playing Suikoden II on it without any problems.

#316 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

For one thing, sending the display signal isn't the same as powering the LCD screen.

#317 raiser

raiser

CAG-Zombie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Scored one today, $50, White, mint condition... Time to play!
May be time to finally retire the old 1000 (launch day purchase)

#318 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

No idea why they didn't put two usbs on the cradle, instead of one usb and the yelllow charge nub for the older ones.

Now I have to buy an old school psp adapter as well to charge while playing connected to my tv. yay.

It's pretty much necessary from the extra battery drain from outputting and using bluetooth to use a PS3 controller with it.

That's the one reason I didn't like it. looks like Sony was trying to cash in on those accessories. Think about it. Wouldnt be awkward if you were able to charge and play at the same time? Then the screen would be up and your hands would probably cramp.

also, the psp go screen is not better, Its about the same vs psp 3000.

#319 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Scored one today, $50, White, mint condition... Time to play!
May be time to finally retire the old 1000 (launch day purchase)

haha. I still have my psp 1000 too. Have it in a star wars metal case. U should use it to burn your collection into iso before moving it on the go.

I have to admit, the white does look nice.

#320 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

For those looking for a cradle, I'd suggest checking your local Toys R Us irregardless of what their website says. According to the TRU site, there are no cradles within 50 miles of me. Yet when I went to the store near me, they had 4 of them (and 1 of the component cables as well).

#321 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:53 PM

Opened up my craigslist PSP 3000 and found out that the 3000 had a built in screen protector on the faceplate, tried to clean it out but too much scratches and when I tried to clean out the inside screen, I must have press to hard because there is a faint black streak where I was cleaning the inside screen :bomb:. Looks like I will be picking up a new shell (faceplate and backplate) and screen to fix my mess. Might turn it to a white PSP until Target clearances out the PSP 3000 Core to $50.
Posted Image

#322 t3chn1c

t3chn1c

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

Took four calls but found one around me.Got a black one, screen is immaculate but lanyard loop looks like someone chewed on it.

#323 timropp

timropp

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

Holy cow, how does anyone use this thing? Found a black one in fine (not perfect, but no worse than it'd look after a little use) condition and picked it up.

Played a little on it and my hands are cramping terribly after just one race. Can't imagine playing for more than 5-10 minutes on this thing! Seriously, did anyone use it before they started selling these? Can't wait to return it cause it's worse than useless to me.

Granted, I'm not a small guy (6'3", 275lbs) but I was truly hoping it'd work for me as a small game machine for downtime at work. Looking for something more than a cell phone and thought this might be perfect. Nope.

#324 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

If anyone is still in search of a accessories.. The store locator for my TRU said they didn't have any cradles in stock, but they had a bunch of Go stuff in stock. I got 2 cradles, component cables, and a nice leather case for $35.

What have you guys been playing on your new PSP systems? I've been playing a lot of Puzzle Quest and NBA 2k13. Really nice to have on the road.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Burnout Revenge // Far-Cry 3 // Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Recently Completed

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition [1550/1550]

#325 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

If anyone is still in search of a accessories.. The store locator for my TRU said they didn't have any cradles in stock, but they had a bunch of Go stuff in stock. I got 2 cradles, component cables, and a nice leather case for $35.

What have you guys been playing on your new PSP systems? I've been playing a lot of Puzzle Quest and NBA 2k13. Really nice to have on the road.

i didn't even think they'd made 2k13 for psp, thanks for the heads up. been playing work time fun, tekken 6 and vice city stories, myself.

#326 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

For those looking for a cradle, I'd suggest checking your local Toys R Us irregardless of what their website says. According to the TRU site, there are no cradles within 50 miles of me. Yet when I went to the store near me, they had 4 of them (and 1 of the component cables as well).

Thanks for the info. Supposedly there aren't any cradles Go near me, but I have a feeling that the website is wrong.

#327 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

How much were the accessories? Same as the website? Locator must be like the Bestbuy locator where 3 items or less says OoS
Posted Image

#328 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

How much were the accessories? Same as the website? Locator must be like the Bestbuy locator where 3 items or less says OoS

The cradle and the component cables are each $9.98.

#329 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:43 AM

Holy cow, how does anyone use this thing? Found a black one in fine (not perfect, but no worse than it'd look after a little use) condition and picked it up.

Played a little on it and my hands are cramping terribly after just one race. Can't imagine playing for more than 5-10 minutes on this thing! Seriously, did anyone use it before they started selling these? Can't wait to return it cause it's worse than useless to me.

Granted, I'm not a small guy (6'3", 275lbs) but I was truly hoping it'd work for me as a small game machine for downtime at work. Looking for something more than a cell phone and thought this might be perfect. Nope.

That's why DS3 support is so important to so many of us :)

Probably doesn't help you with your sneaky gameplay at work problem, though, unless you can hide the Go in your field of vision somewhere and use the DS3 in your lap under your desk.

#330 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

I guess it wouldn't hurt to stroll in my local TRU though i doubt the will have any PSPGo stuff since it's pretty much desolate of any game accessories