PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#361 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

Went back and was disappointed that there were no PSP go accessories, hell there were hardly any normal PSP accessories. Were the PSP Go accessories sitting out somewhere or were any of them behind the counter? It appears I bought mine system late enough in the week that most of the online sources of the cheaper accessories are sold out now :(

Do targets and walmarts still carry any of the accessories for this stuff or have they long since clearanced all of it out?

Guardian_owl.png

#362 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

I bought two to play around with at one GameStop. They were both bagged and would not turn on in the bag so i could not overly check them out.

I got home and charged them. The screen was in bad shape on one so i returned it and got another. All 3 had the memory cards removed and were completely reset.

Went back and was disappointed that there were no PSP go accessories

Do targets and walmarts still carry any of the accessories for this stuff or have they long since clearanced all of it out?

I happened to be driving by a Toys R Us yesterday and by luck was able to grab the last two Go travel cases and Go Docks. Cases were on clearance for 5 dollars Docks were 10

I called a few Game Stops and stopped by a few while i was out. only one had a rolling shelf of PSP UMD games left the others all had nothing.

I also found these online
eBay SanDisk 8GB M2 Thanks to another CAG
and
eBay Go Component Cable

#363 lukewin

lukewin

UNC Class of '03

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Bought a black one a few days ago. That store had 2. I chose the less dingy one. Visited a couple other stores that have had them, but nothing tempting enough for me to pick up. Came across a white one yesterday, but the grips were brown, and it was pretty dirty. $50 isn't bad, and makes me wanna pick up another, but I don't think I can load my PSN on multiple systems anyway. None that I have come across have had memory cards. They all only have the cables and system.

#364 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Two of the three Gamestops by me seemed to have stopped carrying PSP UMD games. I bet they'll be gone from all stores in a few months at this rate.

#365 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

Two of the three Gamestops by me seemed to have stopped carrying PSP UMD games. I bet they'll be gone from all stores in a few months at this rate.

Yupp and the store locator isn't the most accurate. Its time to load up on those PSP games fellas before they are hard to come by.
Posted Image

#366 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I happened to be driving by a Toys R Us yesterday and by luck was able to grab the last two Go travel cases and Go Docks. Cases were on clearance for 5 dollars Docks were 10

I called a few Game Stops and stopped by a few while i was out. only one had a rolling shelf of PSP UMD games left the others all had nothing.

I also found these online
eBay SanDisk 8GB M2 Thanks to another CAG
and
eBay Go Component Cable

No toysr'us in my area unfortunately, thanks for the link to the component cable, might buy the extra storage too but I imagine 16 gigs will be enough since I can keep a copy of my games on my PS3 and just transfer it over as needed.

I was able to find the earlier linked PSP go travel case for $1.96 at my local Hastings, but that seems to be about the extent of the PSP accessories in my town.

Guardian_owl.png

#367 darkjedi187

darkjedi187

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Picked up component the other day now I just need the cradle. Anyone know where to get a cradle? By chance I called my local TRU and they had one and are going to match the website price of $9.99

#368 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

If you're thinking about getting the Cradle and the Traveler Case, be wary, since the cradle is designed to fit a bare PSP Go. A few modifications to the cradle may be needed.

Batsugunner.png

#369 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Checked my Toys R Us today and no cradles. They had a few component cables and a case, but that was it.

#370 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I just got my component cables for the go from an ebay listing. Anyone having trouble with the clarity using these cables? I know the screen doesn't fill out on an HDTV but there is like a green and purple shadow (for a lack of a better term). I'm gonna try it out on a different tv to see if the green and purple shadows till appear.

Edit:
I just tried it on another TV and the green and purple shadows don't appear. I guess its something to do with my tv in my room.

I tried it on my original tv in my room and it seems to be working perfectly fine. I'm guessing one of the wires was loose or something.

Edited by Sephiroth1089, 11 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.
Updated on new TV

#371 maxnoop

maxnoop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Debating between the traveler's case vs the gamestop starter kit. Anyone have an opinion?

#372 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Debating between the traveler's case vs the gamestop starter kit. Anyone have an opinion?

Starter kit due to the fact it comes with polishing cloth and screen protector. Plus I heard the traveler case is a tight fit.
Posted Image

#373 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

This sucks, because if you want to properly use the cradle to output the video to the TV and charge while doing so, you have to buy an extra AC adapter that was used with the older PSP models.

No idea why they didn't put two usbs on the cradle, instead of one usb and the yelllow charge nub for the older ones.

Now I have to buy an old school psp adapter as well to charge while playing connected to my tv. yay.

It's pretty much necessary from the extra battery drain from outputting and using bluetooth to use a PS3 controller with it.

Yeah the design of the dock boggles the mind. They already have a PSPGo component cable that connects to the tv. But noooo the PSPGo dock has to use a completely different cable that only works with the dock. The PSPGo has a charge cable that also uses the same connector. Does the PSPGo dock come with two PSPGo connector slots or a component video cable that also has a usb power connector on it... No of course not you have to buy some antiquated cable from the previous gen PSP. Half the crap for PSPGo dock, you already have in some way shape or form but when you buy the dock, you have rebuy all new shit to have the same fuctionality.

#374 maxnoop

maxnoop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

Starter kit due to the fact it comes with polishing cloth and screen protector. Plus I heard the traveler case is a tight fit.

Thanks for the input. I'll keep it in mind.

#375 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Decided I wanted to connect the psp go to my tv after all. Picked up a cradle at toys r us for 10 bucks and the component cables from the ebay seller. Now I need a power cable from an older psp? What kind of backward thinking was this?
|
Hoping to get a dual shock 3 also because I heard you can hook one up to the psp go.

#376 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

I bought the starter kit when I got my PSP Go, the screen protector is surprisingly a good one, the cloth is crappy and the earphones are meh. The case itself is great and if you are putting the go in a bag or a big pocket then it has good protection. The traveler case has the L & R buttons exposed so they might get damaged if you just throw your PSP in a bag w/it. I did read on the web someone that put his PSPGO w a traveler case inside the case, he said it was a tight fit though.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#377 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:29 AM

What can I expect to pay for a good legit 16GB card? I've seen anything from $30 to $75. Not sure if the low end ones are fake or what the deal is with that. I might settle with 8GB, but I think the extra memory would definitely come in handy.

I really wish it took MS Pro Duo sticks like the other PSP systems. That's really the only reason I'm hanging on to my PSP 1000. 32x32 w/ a micro SD adapter is a real nice thing to have. Realistically I'm not going to use 64GB of games/movies/music at once but it's just nice to always have whatever I'm in the mood for and not have to worry about space and transferring files, especially when I'm on the road.

KyrieIrvingSig1_zps17eadf84.jpg
:360: Now Playing
:360:
Burnout Revenge // Far-Cry 3 // Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Recently Completed

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition [1550/1550]

#378 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

I've been looking at this thread for a long time and finally decided to bite. I got a black one with only a very small scratch on the corner of the screen, and they had two others in similar condition. Found a cradle at the Wal Mart next door for $5 on clearance. Only problem is, agh, I didn't get a USB cable with it. I guess I'll have to go back tomorrow and see if they'll give one to me...

#379 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I've been looking at this thread for a long time and finally decided to bite. I got a black one with only a very small scratch on the corner of the screen, and they had two others in similar condition. Found a cradle at the Wal Mart next door for $5 on clearance. Only problem is, agh, I didn't get a USB cable with it. I guess I'll have to go back tomorrow and see if they'll give one to me...

http://www.amazon.co...words=pspgo usb

#380 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the link, but I came back to say I'm stupid and didn't realize that the power cable is actually a USB adapter, and it comes apart to reveal the plug.

#381 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Got a cradle from Gamestop for $3. I might have to do something about those prongs if I were to use the Go with a case.

Batsugunner.png

#382 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Got a cradle from Gamestop for $3. I might have to do something about those prongs if I were to use the Go with a case.

Anyone know if they can do a search for the cradle in store?

#383 r00kie

r00kie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Anyone know if they can do a search for the cradle in store?

They can; they have to search for PSP Go Cradle. One store in my area had one but apparently sent it to another store(for one of you I'm sure) before I could get it(I asked and they would not ship one for me from another store). I had to bite the bullet and pay the $10 at my TRU.

#384 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

They can; they have to search for PSP Go Cradle. One store in my area had one but apparently sent it to another store(for one of you I'm sure) before I could get it(I asked and they would not ship one for me from another store). I had to bite the bullet and pay the $10 at my TRU.

GameStop supply is getting less and less. I know they are a lot cheaper if you do find them at GameStop, but they are also on clearance at TRU so they are going to get snatched up there.

They go for around 25 on line. So if anyone is at a TRU sees one and wants it. 10 dollars is still a great price over what one will cost you online used.

#385 mdcreeper

mdcreeper

CAGiversary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Seriously...grabbed the last one in southern California and I get it to home to discover it can't connect to my wifi! What the hell?!

#386 arukasxsaku

arukasxsaku

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Called about 10 GameStops around me, only 2 carried one each. And those 2 looked as if the previous owners smeared their Go down the street and such.

$50 is a great price, but I can't handle a handheld with so many deep scratches. =/

#387 Dysheekie

Dysheekie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

I must have gotten a defective dock, because if i plug my PSP directly into my TV via the component cables, it looks great. However if I go through the dock, it has an extra layer of fuzziness on top and looks like crap. Oh well.
Posted Image

#388 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

So I went to Kmart today to check some stuff and while there I went to the electronics section. They had the normal av & the component cables. I asked for a price for the component cable and came out not on system so they gave it to me for $3.50 (they tend to discount from 75-100 if its something that comes out of system. They also had one soft psp original case which looks like good quality an it was $7. Didn't get it because I already ha the power a pack from GS for $5

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#389 IceTeaCrisis

IceTeaCrisis

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

(you need the PS3 to link the controller to the Go)

There is supposed to be a computer program that will let you link a DS3 to a PSP Go without a PS3. There are a few videos on YouTube, but i have not tried it yet.

If anyone who does not have a PS3 but can find a cheap game/DS3 bundle (Twisted Metal bundle was on sale a few weeks ago for around 35 dollars BestBuy)

You could buy the cheap bundle that cost less then a not on sale DS3, sale the game to make up some of the cost, and use the computer program to sync it to a PSP Go if you wanted.

#390 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

There is supposed to be a computer program that will let you link a DS3 to a PSP Go without a PS3. There are a few videos on YouTube, but i have not tried it yet.

If anyone who does not have a PS3 but can find a cheap game/DS3 bundle (Twisted Metal bundle was on sale a few weeks ago for around 35 dollars BestBuy)

You could buy the cheap bundle that cost less then a not on sale DS3, sale the game to make up some of the cost, and use the computer program to sync it to a PSP Go if you wanted.

Hoping these bundles go on sale again.