PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#31 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I actually found a link on google for a different page with the recharged systems. It's still listed at $60, but the store locator appears to be more accurate. There's about 5 stores listed near me through this link, as opposed to none through the other one. Might be worth adding to the OP for anyone interested.

http://www.gamestop....furbished/90578

That is a refurbished unit not an used unit.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#32 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

whenever walmart gets around to clearancing these or another store puts them on deap discount sale the walmarts around me have tons of them cluttering up the bottoms of their gaming sectons for $200. Some TRU & targets do too.

#33 Naramie

Naramie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I got a used unit a few months back when it was $70, with a $10 off coupon. The model I got was practically brand new, the slide was still really stiff like it was hardly used. Only grip was the person who installed the screen protector did a crap job, and there was debris inbetween the screen and the protector. Overall I would recommend if you could buy a working one.

#34 perfectmf1386

perfectmf1386

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

take note that you need to buy dock specific component video cables and also the ac adapter.

Sony makes a PSPGo component video cable that connects to the bottom of the PSPGo and directly to the tv. This is the NOT the same cable you use the for docking station. I made that mistake. The component video cable you're looking for only connects to the docking station, it cannot connect to the PSPGo directly.

Weird the component cable that fits in my Go also fits in my offical Sony PSPGo docking station....

While you are correct that the AC adapter is different from the docking station to the Go, you are WRONG that the component cable that the docking station for the Go is different than what the Go accepts. I own all PSPs minus the E1000, and the component cable for the Go works with the Go Docking Station.

#35 Seraphinianus

Seraphinianus

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

PSP 2k's go for about 50-60$ at gamestop too if i'm not mistaken.

The Go to me though is highly desirable. Because it has the best screen.

I like the 3000's screen...bigger, vibrant, ghost free, and also a bit soft on the eyes because of light scanlines. People didn't like the interlacing, I guess.

#36 dragonjud

dragonjud

Got games, but no time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I like the 3000's screen...bigger, vibrant, ghost free, and also a bit soft on the eyes because of light scanlines. People didn't like the interlacing, I guess.

Yes, there're a few of us that hate it. :lol:
There also a few other problems with the screen on the 3000, and ghosting does still occur.
I prefer the 2000 screens, and I don't mind the Go's screen at all.

Btw, this is a good deal, but let's not pretend it's perfect. Your hands will cramp after 30 minutes during most play sessions on the Go, unless you've got tiny girly hands.

#37 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Having trouble with they link but I'll see if I can hunt a unit down. Otherwise where are some good guides to get this thing to do all the neat things people are talking about?

#38 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

If you output the PSPgo to a TV, can you use a DualShock 3 for second player in two-player games?

#39 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Bah, and I just bought one second-hand for 70 (with the cradle). Granted, it's in great condition.....but still !

Bah.

Cradle is like $10-15 and you didnt pay tax. You paid about the same really.

#40 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

If you output the PSPgo to a TV, can you use a DualShock 3 for second player in two-player games?

yes, ps1 games. not sure about others.

#41 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

whenever walmart gets around to clearancing these or another store puts them on deap discount sale the walmarts around me have tons of them cluttering up the bottoms of their gaming sectons for $200. Some TRU & targets do too.

Wow I haven't seen a new PSP Go on any local store shelves in years. Would love to get a new one some day, but I have 2 used ones for now. I'll keep an eye out.

Also Walmart and TRU don't even list PSP Go systems on their sites.

#42 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

no go's around me at all- damnit!!!

#43 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Tempted on getting one but the only digital PSP game I own is Dissidia 012 and I can play that on my Vita but I would enjoy not having it upscaled.

#44 lwhitit

lwhitit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

Btw, this is a good deal, but let's not pretend it's perfect. Your hands will cramp after 30 minutes during most play sessions on the Go, unless you've got tiny girly hands.

This. I ended up selling my Go because the only games i could play were rpgs or adventure games without my hands crying. Great little system that you can carry with you but the button layout was just as bad as the gameboy advanced sp.

#45 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Is there any difference between "refurbished" vs. "used" besides cheaper price? I'm assuming with refurbished they wipe the memory. I bought a used PS3 years ago and was surprised I had full access to the previous owners' movies and games using my ID.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#46 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

Is there any difference between "refurbished" vs. "used" besides cheaper price? I'm assuming with refurbished they wipe the memory. I bought a used PS3 years ago and was surprised I had full access to the previous owners' movies and games using my ID.

Used are generally ones that are just traded in with no apparent issues.

Refurbish are ones that have been sent back to GS to be inspected because of reported issues, and some may have been sent out to be repaired, and then sent back to the stores to be sold, so all that extra effort ups the price another $10 in comparison. And I think the refurbs may come with an extra case if I recall correctly, and a couple of extra little things you may or may not need.
Posted Image

#47 irishsoccermbw

irishsoccermbw

Prosecution Rests

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

If you have a 7k power up rewards points, there's a $10 off used PSP system coupon that should work.

#48 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

I'm completely torn whether or not to get one.
I've got my vita, but I loved my go when I had one!

#49 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Do it! Do it! : )
Posted Image

#50 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm struggling with a similar problem. I just got my Vita and I like it, but have been playing mostly PSP RPGs on it so far. I'm considering saving $200 and return my Vita and get the Go...

#51 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

I want a White One, they look hella cool.
Just pissed I have to buy a whole new memory card.
Hopefully I can find the cool stuff like docks and cables for cheap.
Would love to play RPGs on it.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#52 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Got a white one! ohh yeah! The GS employee told me the thing was traded in pristine condition and it looks great.
Now, is there a way to keep the games that the other person had and pass them to my psn account?

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#53 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Got a white one! ohh yeah! The GS employee told me the thing was traded in pristine condition and it looks great.
Now, is there a way to keep the games that the other person had and pass them to my psn account?

As long as you never sign onto PSN from that system, then yes they'll stay, but no way to pass them onto you.
Posted Image

#54 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

As long as you never sign onto PSN from that system, then yes they'll stay, but no way to pass them onto you.

Thanks for the info! I believe the previous owner might have left some inside since rock band manual and other things were inside the box. If so, then I will play them then reinstall fw!

DoctorCarlos.png

#55 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I want a White One, they look hella cool.
Just pissed I have to buy a whole new memory card.
Hopefully I can find the cool stuff like docks and cables for cheap.
Would love to play RPGs on it.

kmart has had psp and psp go stuff on clearance for awhile. check your local one and try your luck :)
Currently playing
:ps4: murdered soul suspect, the transistor, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: wonderfull 101

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, knack : :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#56 Ashlee

Ashlee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I'm struggling with a similar problem. I just got my Vita and I like it, but have been playing mostly PSP RPGs on it so far. I'm considering saving $200 and return my Vita and get the Go...

Considering the Vita still has a low amount of good games, I would return it right away, buy a Go, and wait until more games are released for the Vita (hopefully?). I haven't used my Vita in a long time! It is covered by a lot of dust but since it has a screen protector I don't mind how much dust it collects.

#57 Snuggelz

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I just got meself a pristine white one! for the NYC area, the one in Steinway, Queens has 2 left. They're both black and have very light wear on them. Hope this helps someone out there!

#58 minort tough

minort tough

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:45 PM

The PSP Go at this price is worth it as nothing more than a Persona 3 Portable player, which is all it has been for me since I got it in July for $70. It IS insanely portable.

#59 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I got one when they were $70.I enjoy it.

#60 dudejapan

dudejapan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

i called up my local gs and they had one in stock so i went to my power up rewards and found they have a coupon for 10$ off any psp ds wii. So i downloaded it on my tablet and got it for 43$ also mine came with the official psp go zipper bag & leather case! The only draw back is its black i would of preferred the white one.