PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#151 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

I'd love to get one of these, but my Gamestops both grief me so badly for wanting to check the condition of anything. You wouldn't believe how many games these two stores get with cracked inner rings on discs or scratches that would cause a game not to play.

It's a good idea to check if everything is in order. Just picked up a PSPGo for a fellow CAG but the right and left bumper are all screwy. I should have known something was up since this bag has like 50 staple holes in it.

#152 Mint

Mint

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

lol. According to my gamestop, no gamestops "sell used psp go's".

Yeah, mine told me that no GameStops in the district sold or traded them anymore. You should still check around your area though. A GS in the next city had a white one in great condition.

#153 punkmaggit

punkmaggit

Masashi Hamauzu > you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

Got the only one I could find today - has a couple of scratches on he front and now I'm having a little buyer's remorse. :( I'll fully test it when I get home from work.

#154 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Got the only one I could find today - has a couple of scratches on he front and now I'm having a little buyer's remorse. :( I'll fully test it when I get home from work.

Two of mine have some scratches on the screens, but they aren't terrible and when the system is on, not noticeable. See if you notice them while the system is powered on, if not they shouldn't be a problem. I'm keeping both of mine that have minor scratches, and one more that's nearly mint.

#155 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Two of mine have some scratches on the screens, but they aren't terrible and when the system is on, not noticeable. See if you notice them while the system is powered on, if not they shouldn't be a problem. I'm keeping both of mine that have minor scratches, and one more that's nearly mint.

if it's minor scratches, once you put a screen protector, they "disappear" at least the two small minor ones I had

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#156 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

My local gamestop has one, but I've opted not to get it afterall. I already have a PS Vita, so I can already play everything (except HB) on it. I think i'm going to keep a look out for a cheap 3DS or DSi.

#157 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

if it's minor scratches, once you put a screen protector, they "disappear" at least the two small minor ones I had

This is true, I had an extra cell phone one around that definitely improved the screen. However, some of the deeper ones persist. But it's not terrible. So if you have just light scratches this could help a lot in hiding them.

#158 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

My local gamestop has one, but I've opted not to get it afterall. I already have a PS Vita, so I can already play everything (except HB) on it. I think i'm going to keep a look out for a cheap 3DS or DSi.

Theres absolutely no reason to get a DSi if you plan on getting a 3DS.

#159 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Theres absolutely no reason to get a DSi if you plan on getting a 3DS.

I said 3DS OR a DSi. Obviously I would prefer a 3DS more, but would get a DSi if I found one really cheap.

Not going to pay close to retail for a 3DS as I really don't need one, but would be nice to have for the right price.

#160 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I love mine that I picked up for $70 a few months back. PSPGo + Docking Station + Component Cables + Dualshock controller + PS3 3D TV = Awesomeness.

#161 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

I picked up a pretty good black PSPgo from a local gamestop. I called a couple of toys r us around me and they said they don't carry any more PSP Go cradles or component cables. They only had PS Vita cradles. Anyone know where I can get the psp go cradles/component cables in NYC for decent prices?

#162 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

It's really ridiculous they couldn't spare any kind of screen coating to protect it a bit better. Seems the biggest issue is the screen scratches since they are on almost every single one. My phone of almost 3 years has not a single scratch and hasn't had a screen protector since day one, and it's in my pocket every single day.

I might go back this week and look over some of their refurbished units to see if I can get a pristine screen. Still, I'm pretty happy with my cheap PSPGo, even with a scratch or two. I have it full of games already, and playing PSone games on it looks great...though super small if you play then in original format. That's okay though.

#163 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

I love mine that I picked up for $70 a few months back. PSPGo + Docking Station + Component Cables + Dualshock controller + PS3 3D TV = Awesomeness.

What's the advantage of the combo? If you don't mind me asking, I'm genuinely curious.

#164 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

What's the advantage of the combo? If you don't mind me asking, I'm genuinely curious.

Handheld + Console (able to use PS3 controller with HD video out & permanent power source with cradle and original PSP AC adapter).

#165 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

I picked up a pretty good black PSPgo from a local gamestop. I called a couple of toys r us around me and they said they don't carry any more PSP Go cradles or component cables. They only had PS Vita cradles. Anyone know where I can get the psp go cradles/component cables in NYC for decent prices?

Not sure about in your area, but you may want to check Deal Extreme online.

#166 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Looking to possibly get a cradle...I haven't seen one at Target, I may check TRU

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#167 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

Did you get that black unit in queens? Stanwix street?

#168 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

I wish I had nabbed the Toys R Us cradle. These things are pretty pricey elsewhere. Looks like the MSRP is $29.99 on the Sony store.

Whack.

I might try my local TRU tomorrow, even though the site says there aren't any cradles there. How accurate is TRUs stock checker?

#169 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

Did you get that black unit in queens? Stanwix street?

Yeah I got the black unit on the Steinway street Gamestop. I think there was another one left but it had a scratch on it. I didn't really get a good look at it but the girl at the register let me look at both of them and choose whichever one I wanted. The one I got has two very minor scratches that are hard to see but I plan on using it more to play my psp games on my TV. So all I need now is to find a cheaply priced cradle to go with some component cables I ordered off ebay.

#170 iamamoogle

iamamoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

I picked up a white one yesterday. Though they gave me the wrong USB cord and it wouldn't fit the PSP go... it was fatter (maybe a Vita's cord?), luckily they found the right one but it sucked I had to go back to the store to do so. No PSP go accessories anywhere around my hometown whatsoever at Toys R Us so I broke down and ordered a cradle and AV cord off Amazon ($30 total) :/ Then I grabbed an 8 GB Card off eBay... Next I need to find a original PSP charger to plug into the dock itself as I don't think it comes with one :(

More work, and more money than I planned to spend, but it should make it a fun little console, heh.

I guess I can sell my PSP 3000 with my AV Cord once this is all said and done.

#171 Finch106

Finch106

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Looking to possibly get a cradle...I haven't seen one at Target, I may check TRU

I had found one used at GameStop for $4.99 last time these dropped.

#172 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

I think a lot of Gamestops still have this set too...

http://www.gamestop....r-kit-bda/78622

$5 isn't bad for a case and a screen protector.

#173 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Handheld + Console (able to use PS3 controller with HD video out & permanent power source with cradle and original PSP AC adapter).

And the PS3 3D TV has a special "PSP Mode" that upscales the image and fits it to screen. If you output the PSP to a regular TV it only fills part of the screen for some reason. You can fiddle with the zoom options, but the 3D TV has one specially made for the PSP.

But being able to play with a Dualshock is one of the best things about the PSPGo, IMO.

#174 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah I got the black unit on the Steinway street Gamestop. I think there was another one left but it had a scratch on it. I didn't really get a good look at it but the girl at the register let me look at both of them and choose whichever one I wanted. The one I got has two very minor scratches that are hard to see but I plan on using it more to play my psp games on my TV. So all I need now is to find a cheaply priced cradle to go with some component cables I ordered off ebay.

Yeah, I ran out to that gamestop over the weekend. The unit that I saw was pretty beat so I passed. He informed me that the gamestop in Sunnyside (where I actually live) had 3. I flew over there and they had a white one. Basically brand new. Not a fingerprint on it so I bought it. The employee was like, "I was going to buy this today" - Well, I guess that didn't happen since I grabbed it.

I've been looking for the cradle and for the A/V cables. FYI, I had no luck at the following places (TRU @ Times Square, Bookoff on 45th, Gamestop at 30 Rock) So don't try those places. I called TRU over on broadway in Long Island City and they said they didn't have anything either.

I'm still looking. If you come across any stores that have some, Let me know. I want a cradle and A/V Cables.

Good luck on the hunt!

#175 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Do you need to purchase additional cables if you buy a cradle? Does it come with all the cables you need? I'm guessing you need a power cable of some sort to plug in the wall to keep the unit charged, correct? Are you able to use the charging cable that came with the PSP Go on the cradle? Just trying to figure out what I need if I decide to order online!

#176 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

The cradle comes all by its lonesome. I'll look at my setup when I get home if no one else answers, but I think I had to go with Go-specific cables, then used the charger from my PSP 2000. I think the output cables and the charger use the same input on the go, so that's why you need the older charger for the dock.

#177 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Good thing I bought up some pspGo accessories at KMART before they all sold out of them! Hmmm, if anyone finds a white pspGo at their Gamestop in decent condition, PM me to work something out. They didnt have any in the boston area when I went looking 3 months ago.

Edit: Those looking for a charger can still get it at the sonyrewards store for 1500 points.
http://www.sonyrewar...927007705769399

Edited by shivan128, 05 February 2013 - 03:10 PM.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#178 chronoserge456

chronoserge456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Is there any way to support multiple controllers, or at least have a DS3 as player 1 and the pspgo as 2? This would be amazing for SNES or NES games.

Let's make today a GREAT day!
PS3: BadASSStunGUN
Currently playing: League of Legends, Fire Emblem: Awakening
nujabesAlbumGIF.gif

#179 koberulz909

koberulz909

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I picked up a black one in good condition, thanks everyone that contributed to this thread! I think it has an issue though. It doesn't play any sound while charging either through the speakers or the headphone jack. Anyone else experience this?

#180 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

I'm struggling to decide if I want to go out and look for one or not. I already have a PSP-1000 and it suits my purposes fine. Is there any great advantage to the PSP Go vs an older one?