PSP Go systems $49.99 USED in-store at GAMESTOP

• Please log in to reply
515 replies to this topic

#211 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I decided to buy a hand grip from amazon to increase my enjoyment of the Go. I don't have large hands but it can get uncomfortable or awkward playing some games, especially those that use the nob. The stereo grip looks like a DS3 controller so hopefully it is more comfortable to hold. Of course this makes it less portable but you can always take the grip off if you aren't home. I do most of my gaming in the house and not mobile.

#212 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Just bought an 8GB M2 card for $10.50, I wasn't going to buy one, but after seeing how high priced even the 1GB ones are at, I decide to bite the bullet, Now I can carry RPGs and longer time taking games with shorter games that have big sizes like sports & fighting games for example. I calculated around 9 more games can be fitted inside the 8GB card. I won't buy a cradle unless I find one for $5 or less, damn new toy keeps adding cost :) (So far w/ taxes around $71 total for the PSP, case+screen protector+wipe cloth+headphones & now the M2 8GB card)

I haven't noticed any hand cramping playing games and I wear large size gloves, I do grab the machine w/ a lose cradle grab.
Loading of games is fast because obviously is in memory not on disc.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#213 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Just bought an 8GB M2 card for $10.50, I wasn't going to buy one, but after seeing how high priced even the 1GB ones are at, I decide to bite the bullet.

Nice, where did you find it at that price?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#214 Daniel09

Daniel09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Called and didn't have any instock. Offered to Order one for me for $60, was already on the fence about it.

#215 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

So, I was completely on the fence about getting a Go since I already have a Vita. The PSN FF series sale nudge me in the "buy" direction to use it as a dedicated PS1 device, so I decided to head down to my local Gamestop and if they still had one (had called over the weekend), then I would get it.

I got there and the guy basically said they did not have one, but he could order the refurbished one. I said no thanks and asked if they just sold the one they had. He claims they had not had one in months and the other reps must have been mistaken or confused it with another PSP. I asked him if he could "look anyways" and he pretty much denied my request stating he knows what they have...

Oh well... This would probably be where I vow not to do business with Gamestop ever again, but since I generally don't (mostly due to location, no bad history with them), I'm not going to fret over it.

#216 MillerTime2523

MillerTime2523

JIMMER TIME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Can you play multiplayer with ps1 games between 2 psp systems?

#217 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the upscaler that lets you play the games in FULL full screen? Care to share?

#218 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

GS in Steinway, NYC had a couple got one which is in good condition but the screen there is this scratch on it nothing major but its there and this GS wiped all the memory clean.

How many more were there? I might take a trip down to Queens if the PSP Go's are in good enough condition. It would be good if I can get a PSP Go for the price of a heavily discounted Vita memory card, that way I can put Vita games on the Vita instead of PSP games.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#219 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Does anyone have any experience with the upscaler that lets you play the games in FULL full screen? Care to share?

You mean those expensive boxes? Can you still buy one?

I use the PS3 3D TV Best Buy was selling for $99 a few months back that has the upscaler mode built in, and it's awesome. I read that the boxes introduced some small input lag, but I don't have any lag with the TV.

#220 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

How many more were there? I might take a trip down to Queens if the PSP Go's are in good enough condition. It would be good if I can get a PSP Go for the price of a heavily discounted Vita memory card, that way I can put Vita games on the Vita instead of PSP games.

Not sure how many they had the guy on the phone said they had a couple, when I got there the first guy said they do not have any more and then the second said go check in the back. Walked out with a decent looking one with charger and usb cable.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#221 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

Dang no gamestops near me have any.

#222 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

[quote name='Shimrra']Nice, where did you find it at that price?[/QUOTE
eBay :D I can't send you guys the link from where I'm writing though, but a search can help you find it.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#223 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

Yep talking about the expensive boxes. You can still get them online for around 70-80.

#224 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Nice, where did you find it at that price?

Used but $9.95 shipped for an 8GB M2 memory stick. Only 3 hours left but he has 400 so I'm sure they will relist. fwiw I offered $8 and he accepted.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II

Recently Completed -  :ps3: Rain 2/2    :ds: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 3/1  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#225 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

Used but $9.95 shipped for an 8GB M2 memory stick. Only 3 hours left but he has 400 so I'm sure they will relist. fwiw I offered $8 and he accepted.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1439.l2649

Not sure those are original Sandisk M2 cards . . . there are tons of counterfeits on Ebay. Check the thread in the Vita/PSP forums on how to identify fake memory sticks, they're pretty common on Ebay.

#226 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Not sure those are original Sandisk M2 cards . . . there are tons of counterfeits on Ebay. Check the thread in the Vita/PSP forums on how to identify fake memory sticks, they're pretty common on Ebay.

I probably should have checked first. I guess I thought it would be okay because it had a SanDisk P/N and is a US seller.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II

Recently Completed -  :ps3: Rain 2/2    :ds: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 3/1  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#227 wugenius

wugenius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Finally found one locally. Its in ok shape and a couple of light scratches but not noticeable when its on. Someone even left some games on there! Its the piano black, kinda hoping for a pearl white. Oh well for $50 bucks it cant be beat.

#228 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

so what's wrong if they are fake though? do they break easily?
Here is the one I bought for $10.50 : http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649
People have been leaving him positive reviews about the card.

EDIT: have been reading a little bit about this subject, will test the card for actual size when it arrives on the 9th of feb. Push comes to shove, I open a case w/ PP and get my money back.

Edited by Carlanga, 07 February 2013 - 05:57 AM.

DoctorCarlos.png

#229 EarthBoundX5

EarthBoundX5

Chef Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Just in case anyone here from Minnesota doesn't watch the Minnesota thread, here are the PSP Gos in and around the Twin Cities (as of Feb 4th)...

Quantity - Location - City
1 - Mall of America (3rd Floor) - Bloomington
2 - The Hub - Richfield
4 - Apple Valley - Apply Valley
2 - Midway S/C - Saint Paul
2 - South Robert Plaza - West St. Paul
1 - Silver Lake Village - Minneapolis
1 - Northtown Mall Outlet - Blaine
2 - Lino Lakes T/C - Lino Lakes
2 - Shoppes Oak Park Heights - Oak Park Heights

I don't like having a sig, but for CAG, I figured I'd sheep along.

163177.pngfs_pc.png
http://gamercard.xbo...een/ChefJesusX5 eebeta-badge-small.png
GAP - Since 2003
CAG - Lurked well before current join date

#230 Kelegacy

Kelegacy

All Around Nice Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

I noticed playing PSOne games on the go was way too tiny in original mode. Normal mode is small too. Stretching to full wide screen is distorting. But using custom mode to zoom in and resize without losing any screen space is much better. Games look incredible. I played an hour or two of Lunar:SSSC and it really popped. So I will need to do this zooming/resizing in custom mode for most of my games.

Even with my screen scratches the Go really shines. I love the screen. I would buy a brand new one if they still weren't so expensive. I debated on getting a 3000 since I wanted the bigger screen and more comfortable control position but he Go screen is so issue free and clear that I don't want to deal with ghosting or scanlines of the other versions.

#231 nickerous

nickerous

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

Found a white one Tuesday in a hole in the wall gamestop I didn't know about. The go is perfect.....except for a discolored analog nub. Any ideas on how to clean that, or am I just being anal? No games left on the system, but that's ok. The gamestop employee actually tried to talk me out of buying it. First on the phone, then in person when I picked it up. Guess he was hoping I would get the used vita for $180.

#232 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Found a white one Tuesday in a hole in the wall gamestop I didn't know about. The go is perfect.....except for a discolored analog nub. Any ideas on how to clean that, or am I just being anal? No games left on the system, but that's ok. The gamestop employee actually tried to talk me out of buying it. First on the phone, then in person when I picked it up. Guess he was hoping I would get the used vita for $180.

Q-tip with hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol, I'd guess.

Or you could use a sharpie and color it in yourself.

#233 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

got a pearl white one, no games, no card, 6.60 restored. cleaned it up and the screen looks almost perfect.

Whats the largest m2 memory available that will work on this?

#234 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

got a pearl white one, no games, no card, 6.60 restored. cleaned it up and the screen looks almost perfect.

Whats the largest m2 memory available that will work on this?

16GB, so puts the total available on the go to 32GB with the internal storage.
Posted Image

#235 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

I want to get a white psp go, someone please talk me out of it. Already have a psp 3000 and the black psp go, don't really want to pay $35 for a 16gb m2 memory card and ran out of space on my psp go and 3000.
Posted Image

#236 LLeopardGGecko

LLeopardGGecko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I am still on the hunt for a cheap Go cradle, in case anyone stumbles upon one.

#237 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks OP and everyone else with suggestions on what to do with one of these.

I managed to find a white one in perfect condition (except for a discolored nub). The clerk was nice enough to let me look through the units and was patient with my questions, so I bought the $5 warranty along with it.

I plan to use it on a tv with a PS3 controller. Now to look up how to do it!

#238 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

People use to say they got good results with the Arm&Hammer Magic Eraser on the white DS. Haven't done it personally.

#239 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Glad to see the love for the PSP Go, now that it's cheap. I picked up a backup when they started getting clearanced. It really is a sweet system. Great screen, super portable, and optional hookup to the TV. I've been rocking mine for years. Love it. Still play it even as a VITA owner.

#240 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I'll be picking up one tomorrow! Can't wait to finally play FFTactics War of the Lions on the big screen :DDD

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png