Amazon FUNimation Sale?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 jedimario

jedimario

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:41 AM

Aliens. Lol, it's one of movies that spouts script from a fairytale in order to connect itself, rather than have a clever script to tie the two. If anything, it's like Aliens -- tries to be survival horror but ends up being an over-the-top action film. It wasn't terrible, but nothing special. Doubt I'd watch it again.

Thanks Jodou, I think I may wait as that's not really my genre. But thanks for letting me know!

#62 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

Great, now Steins;Gate Part 2 is in my Quick Picks for $29.44, making it even harder to resist (I'm not immediately jumping on it because I don't really want to pay more than $40 for Part 1 and I think I'd rather have the complete series for that amount). :bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#63 jeff1304

jeff1304

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

On another note has spice and wolf blu ray complete always been as cheap as it is now ?

#64 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

On another note has spice and wolf blu ray complete always been as cheap as it is now ?

Nope, this would be the cheapest since it's release.
Posted Image

#65 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Even though it's part of the sale, might want to hold off on My Bride is a Mermaid if you can wait a couple months to save about $15.

Funimation released their May schedule, which is mostly re-releases(along with a Sekirei S1 & S2 combo pack), includes a S.A.V. E. version of My Bride is a Mermaid. Since those versions are usually $15-$20 when they come out, you'll be saving at least $13 compared to this. Only difference is the S.A.V.E. version probably isn't going to be coming with the slipcover like the original one does.

#66 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

I was pretty happy to see Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari is finally given a release date for the blu, although I do hate that it's coming out in the separate parts edition first, which I might just wait for the complete set of it.
Posted Image

#67 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

Even though it's part of the sale, might want to hold off on My Bride is a Mermaid if you can wait a couple months to save about $15.

Funimation released their May schedule, which is mostly re-releases(along with a Sekirei S1 & S2 combo pack), includes a S.A.V. E. version of My Bride is a Mermaid. Since those versions are usually $15-$20 when they come out, you'll be saving at least $13 compared to this. Only difference is the S.A.V.E. version probably isn't going to be coming with the slipcover like the original one does.

Thanks for the heads-up; I wasn't going to buy My Bride Is A Mermaid at the current price, but it's nice to know when it'll be getting the S.A.V.E. treatment.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#68 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:57 AM

Vigilant's avatar is sooo awesome.

#69 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Vigilant's avatar is sooo awesome.

He does enjoy his Gumball.
Posted Image

#70 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

He does enjoy his Gumball.

That I do. It ranks just below Adventure Time and Regular Show as a truly great cartoon currently airing. :lol:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#71 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

That I do. It ranks just below Adventure Time and Regular Show as a truly great cartoon currently airing. :lol:

Posted Image

#72 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

Posted Image

Oh...uh...I mean...on Cartoon Network? 8-[

Sorry, I seriously just forgot about MLP. It's above Gumball.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#73 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Oh god, don't tell me there's a current show for. . .THAT airing right now.

#74 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:27 AM

Oh god, don't tell me there's a current show for. . .THAT airing right now.

That image is from the current show which has been airing for quite some time now, so I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but unless you have HUB you probably won't see it on TV unless you watch them online.
Posted Image

#75 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Not sure if he's serious either, considering how common Bronies are in the last few years.

#76 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

Went ahead and snagged Black Lagoon and the Spice and Wolf complete series sets. I already had the DVDs of Black Lagoon, but the series is one of my favorites, and I really wanted it on Blu-Ray. Great prices for these sets.

#77 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Ah man! From previous sales I had bought :br: of Spice and Wolf S1 and Sekirei S1 for ~$18 each. I have avoided the part1/part2 releases of anything Funimation thinking full season would be safe. Now I just need season 2's, and those are looking more expensive than S1+S2 packs!! What to do? haha

On the bright side, I only had Soul Eater on dvd, so the $22 :br: Soul Eater set was awesome.

:br: Strike Witches S1 is another I have, but S2 is looking way too expensive.

#78 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

That image is from the current show which has been airing for quite some time now, so I'm not sure if you are joking or not, but unless you have HUB you probably won't see it on TV unless you watch them online.

I do have HUB, but never watch it heh. Any time I saw an image like that, I thought it was a joke or some fan art. Now I'm afraid, oh so very afraid. . .

#79 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

I do have HUB, but never watch it heh. Any time I saw an image like that, I thought it was a joke or some fan art. Now I'm afraid, oh so very afraid. . .

Actually, MLP: Friendship is Magic has been HUGE outside the target demo. I have never seen it (don't have Hub) but it seems like it is similar in tone to old school Dexter's Lab or Rugrats.

#80 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

Actually, MLP: Friendship is Magic has been HUGE outside the target demo. I have never seen it (don't have Hub) but it seems like it is similar in tone to old school Dexter's Lab or Rugrats.

A more precise comparison for tone may be to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends since the creator was basically a big part of developing and writing for it.

And any cartoon that has a character that's a spoof of Who gets a thumbs up from me. ^__^
Posted Image

#81 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

serial lain needs to come down in price damnit lol