Photo
- - - - -

AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#61 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

I plan on getting either a 7870 or a 7950 this weekend, but I was going to get it at Fry's. do you have to buy from Newegg/Amazon to get the promotion, or can you buy if from anywhere?

In North America you can purchase from:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

Doesn't look like Fry's is on that list (took it straight from AMD's website). Wouldn't hurt to call them and ask if you're set on buying from there.

I'll add the list of stores to the OP.

I've had my second 7850 for a few weeks now and love the performance I get out of crossfiring my two cards. My system had a hard time playing Dark Souls at 60 FPS with one 7850, but seems to keep a steady 60 FPS now. Game looks WONDERFUL. Haven't had time to test out many other games yet, but I expect the same boost in performance.

#62 Orochi Jin

Orochi Jin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

So this morning I received an email that for the two games I'm supposed to get said that they'll be sent once the steam codes are available.

However in the email were also steam codes for Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and DMC. For Origin there was a Crysis 3 code (my AMD code is for Bioshock/TR), and a Uplay code for Far Cry 3.

Not one to knock getting free things, I tried the DMC code in steam but "code was already redeemed by another account"

Sent them an email to see what's going on.

#63 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

So this morning I received an email that for the two games I'm supposed to get said that they'll be sent once the steam codes are available.

However in the email were also steam codes for Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, and DMC. For Origin there was a Crysis 3 code (my AMD code is for Bioshock/TR), and a Uplay code for Far Cry 3.

Not one to knock getting free things, I tried the DMC code in steam but "code was already redeemed by another account"

Interesting. I know I read somewhere the if you buy two 7900 series you get the games from the current promo and the last promo. Sounds like a bug in your case.

I would redeem them if you have interest while you can.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#64 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

They are really bringing the competition to nVidia's overpriced graphics cards. Good for PC gamers, I am a mac user and a PS3 owner so it does not affect me a bit, but man this is a good deal.
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#65 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Are people starting to get their Tomb Raider Steam codes? It gets released in 4 days, and I'm curious if we'll be able to get in on the "Pre-Order bonuses" or not.

#66 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just a heads up to people doing this...

I purchased 2 GPUs and was sent the e-mail for Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry 3, Crysis 3, Infinite, Tomb Raider and Hitman.

However, ALL of the codes provided were invalid (you get a Uplay code for FC3, Origin code for Crysis 3 and the rest are Steam keys).

Anyone else done this having trouble redeeming their games?

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#67 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

I'm having the same issue....

I've contacted AMD support to inquire about this...

I'll keep you posted!

#68 RichterIX

RichterIX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Is there any word on when this promotion ends? I was going to get all the parts for my new PC at once, but if I have to get the GPU early to get in on this, I will.

#69 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Is there any word on when this promotion ends? I was going to get all the parts for my new PC at once, but if I have to get the GPU early to get in on this, I will.

Months from now, as I recall.

Or while supplies last. I'd assume supplies will run out before the deadline is reached.

#70 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Hmmm....really hoping I get my Tomb Raider code soon. Also hope I don't have any problems with the codes because I'm really pumped for both TR and Bioshock.

#71 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Did the best buy one for hitman, tomb raider , and bioshock. Got the hitman the next day and tombraider and bioshock are stating will have the codes right before release.

#72 mkernan

mkernan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

I got my Tomb Raider key. Steam accepted it, but the game is still locked, FYI.
Posted Image

#73 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Bought a 7850, now going to buy another to crossfire and take advantage of this deal ! Thanks !!

#74 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Nice deal but my current build isn't quite 2 years old yet so I'm going to try to stretch it while I save for a PS4.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 Hellacious

Hellacious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

Got my Tomb Raider code and activated it just fine. Said Tomb Raider (ROW) and doesn't come with the Steam Pre-Order bonuses which I fully expected it to not come with them. The game isn't up for pre-load just yet either. No problems activating the key.

#76 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

Got my key like others said and redeemed it no problem. Still locked like others have said but looking forward to this game a lot

#77 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

Got my key like others said and redeemed it no problem. Still locked like others have said but looking forward to this game a lot

I still haven't gotten my Tomb Raider code. Did you guys just sign up or did you in the past? Has anyone received it that signed up in the past? I traded one of my copies so I want to get the code ASAP to finish the trade.

Scratch that just got my first one five minutes after posting. For those of you who haven't gotten one yet be patient they are still sending.

Edited by pROvIs, 01 March 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#78 dudestorm

dudestorm

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Just got my HD 7850 yesterday, now just waiting on the keys to show up... Hopefully soon!

These deals are pretty great considering I was in the market for a new card, and I wanted and was planning on playing the PC versions of both Tomb Raider and Bioshock already.

#79 take5giantsteps

take5giantsteps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

I still haven't gotten my Tomb Raider code. Did you guys just sign up or did you in the past? Has anyone received it that signed up in the past? I traded one of my copies so I want to get the code ASAP to finish the trade.

Scratch that just got my first one five minutes after posting. For those of you who haven't gotten one yet be patient they are still sending.

Thanks! I've got my inbox open, but I'm glad to hear that people are getting their codes. Looking forward to snagging mine! I had been wanting to build a PC for years, and this deal (7850) made me jump. So glad that I did!

Edit: Code came this afternoon. It checked out just fine with Steam.

Edited by jacobeid, 02 March 2013 - 03:33 AM.

#80 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

I got my amd never settle bundle the day crysis 3 came out and had a key for it like a minute after inputting it. They seem on top of the key thing, unlike Ubisoft.

#81 bdb2m

bdb2m

No Backseat Mods!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

I got my amd never settle bundle the day crysis 3 came out and had a key for it like a minute after inputting it. They seem on top of the key thing, unlike Ubisoft.

You are lucky, or perhaps i am unlucky?

I registered and got an email the next day for Crysis 3 and DmC. The codes they sent were used already. Checking the AMD forum, it looks like a number of people got emails with used keys. AMD pretty much doesn't know what happened, and my email to support has been unanswered. Good to see at least some people are getting keys.

#82 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

You are lucky, or perhaps i am unlucky?

I registered and got an email the next day for Crysis 3 and DmC. The codes they sent were used already. Checking the AMD forum, it looks like a number of people got emails with used keys. AMD pretty much doesn't know what happened, and my email to support has been unanswered. Good to see at least some people are getting keys.

Same here.. been waiting for a response from AMD for a good bit now... :\

#83 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just got my code for Tomb Raider. Confirming what others have said, redeems for "Tomb Raider (ROW)", and does not yet allow preload.
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#84 dudestorm

dudestorm

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Just got my code for Tomb Raider. Confirming what others have said, redeems for "Tomb Raider (ROW)", and does not yet allow preload.

When did you get your card/code and enter it? I don't know if there is an actual way to gauge how long it takes to get the download codes based on when you register the coupon code that came with the GFX card.

#85 sinned47

sinned47

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

anyone else got a blank field where the steam key for tomb raider should be?
i know the bioshock ones are emailed later and it states that, but i get the standard "download steam and enter this key" with an empty field where the tomb raider key should be.

#86 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

i know the bioshock ones are emailed later and it states that, but i get the standard "download steam and enter this key" with an empty field where the tomb raider key should be.

That just happened to me. I'm hoping it gets resolved very quickly.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#87 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

I'm thinking about ordering a card, keeping the games and selling the card off ebay. But I'm undecided yet as to whether it's worth the hassle, the games will be 50% off in less than 6 months at the current rate of price drops.

Probably way less than 6 months. PC digital downloads of Square Eidos and 2K stuff seems to drop in price really quickly these days.

#88 Steve0Matic

Steve0Matic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Me too. Emailed customer service; hopefully it gets resolved quickly.

#89 tipio

tipio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

Received my large email with lots of used game codes but haven't gotten my follow up Tomb Raider. Entered my code on Saturday. Are they still dolling them out?

#90 Logain8955

Logain8955

Groovy Cactuar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

I still haven't gotten my TR and I put in my code on the friggen 7th :/