Photo
- - - - -

AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#91 MHC

MHC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:48 PM

Received my large email with lots of used game codes but haven't gotten my follow up Tomb Raider. Entered my code on Saturday. Are they still dolling them out?

Buddy of mine had the exact same thing happen. He even sent them an email asking them what's going on and has had no reply for a few days now.

#92 GeddyThePolack

GeddyThePolack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

This was posted by them of their Facebook page on Thursday:

AMD Gaming Hi Joshua, We found a glitch in the software for redeeming promo codes. We know who was affected, and we're going through that list manually. We appreciate your patience while we work through that list to get you the Never Settle: Reloaded codes.

Currently Playing:
:ps4: -Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Strider

:ps3:-Dark Souls II, Grand Theft Auto V
:wiiu: -Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:pc:-too much to list
:3ds:-Bravely Default, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

#93 GeddyThePolack

GeddyThePolack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

And there is an admin from AMD looking into it:

Here is the update I think everyone has been waiting for:

After thorough investigation, the "fatal error" message that occured two days ago has been identified as the root cause to a server error that then sent a number of customers the exact same game-keys.

An e-mail is being sent to those affected customers updating them on the issue. I suspect the vast majority of people that posted to this thread are among those affected. I have been told that within the next 24-48 hours, new game-keys will be sent out.

;Marc

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

http://forums.amd.co...MVIEWTMP=Linear

Currently Playing:
:ps4: -Assassin's Creed: Black Flag, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Strider

:ps3:-Dark Souls II, Grand Theft Auto V
:wiiu: -Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
:pc:-too much to list
:3ds:-Bravely Default, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

#94 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

And there is an admin from AMD looking into it:

Here is the update I think everyone has been waiting for:

After thorough investigation, the "fatal error" message that occured two days ago has been identified as the root cause to a server error that then sent a number of customers the exact same game-keys.

An e-mail is being sent to those affected customers updating them on the issue. I suspect the vast majority of people that posted to this thread are among those affected. I have been told that within the next 24-48 hours, new game-keys will be sent out.

;Marc

-------------------------
AMD Customer Care

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no endorsement is implied

http://forums.amd.co...MVIEWTMP=Linear

I appreciate the update man! I was curious if they were ever going to get around to fixing their mistake. :)

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#95 dudestorm

dudestorm

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

It looks like a bunch of people are still waiting for their Tomb Raider and Bioshock codes as well from various places. I can only assume that they have just been buried under emails and stuff because of the "fatal error" listed previously. Hopefully they get everything sorted out and at least get out the TR codes by Tuesday.

#96 LegendK1ll3r

LegendK1ll3r

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I ironically got my TR code fine, but every other code I received was used (and or didn't appear in my e-mail correctly).

Posted Image

#97 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Still waiting for both Tomb Raider and Bioshock codes.

#98 Steve0Matic

Steve0Matic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

This was posted by them of their Facebook page on Thursday:

AMD Gaming Hi Joshua, We found a glitch in the software for redeeming promo codes. We know who was affected, and we're going through that list manually. We appreciate your patience while we work through that list to get you the Never Settle: Reloaded codes.

Thanks for finding these updates! What a hot mess going on with these codes.

#99 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Got my TR code the other day and used it without a problem. Haven't gotten BioShock yet, but I assume that'll be sent out a few days before release like TR was.

#100 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

I also got a huge Email from them with no codes for Tomb Raider and Bioshock, but bunch of codes for other games that I was not frankly expecting. Surprisingly, Crysis 3 was able to successfully register on Origin. All other game codes were invalid.
Since my card (7850) was not even part of Crysis promotion, I wonder if it was just added by AMD later or was it simply their mistake/my gain? Same for rest of the games in the Email (Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Far Cry 3).
Sent them Email and so far got no response, whatsoever.

#101 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

What is the email address sending these codes so I can mark them as "safe" ?

#102 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

What is the email address sending these codes so I can mark them as "safe" ?

AMD Gaming Evolved (noreply@amd4u.com)

#103 measureless

measureless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm still waiting on my Tomb Raider code as well. Figure I won't panic until the 5th but it makes me jealous seeing all these people with it at least sitting in their games list.

Posted Image

#104 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

Well to update my situation, I received an email right after signing up that had no code in the box for Tomb Raider and immediately panicked. Emailed support and didn't hear back (wan't really planning on hearing back since it is the weekend and I signed up Friday). But last night, which was only a day after I signed up, I got a second email which was just text and it had my Tomb Raider key in it.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#105 Irony Strikes

Irony Strikes

At Its Finest

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

Having issues as well. No code for tomb raider and my other keys all were used. Sent support and email Friday.

#106 Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi

Persona 4 Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

i currently have a hd 6770 card in my desktop atm and although it runs decent. i could still use a lil boost in modern games these days. i am wondering if the sapphire hd 7850 1gb overclock version is a decent upgrade to my current card. i play on 1440x900 resolution with 1 screen if that matters

#107 Vortextk

Vortextk

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

i currently have a hd 6770 card in my desktop atm and although it runs decent. i could still use a lil boost in modern games these days. i am wondering if the sapphire hd 7850 1gb overclock version is a decent upgrade to my current card. i play on 1440x900 resolution with 1 screen if that matters

It is absolutely a much stronger card, and I doubt you'll really be cpu limited(unless your processor is like 5 years old, I'm assuming it isn't). However connection types and power supply could be a limiting factor for what you could upgrade to.

#108 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:49 AM

How are y'all getting codes for all the other games?isn't it bioshock + tomb raider only?

#109 akmgmer

akmgmer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

How are y'all getting codes for all the other games?isn't it bioshock + tomb raider only?

What games you get depends on which Graphics Card you buy. There is a bundle for Crysis + Bioshock, Tomb Raider + Bioshock, or Crysis + Bioshock + Tomb Raider + previous Never Settle Games if you buy two HD 7900 Series cards.

More details here.

76561197977258746.pngAddFriend.png 

Spoiler

#110 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:46 AM

It would be a pretty solid upgrade depending on what games u play. You won't be maxing anything out at that resolution. But if you want to have most games run well at medium or high settings that is a good buy if u wanted the games.

#111 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

Put in my code last week and still no code...
Hope I get it so I can preload it while I'm at work tomorrow.

#112 Steve0Matic

Steve0Matic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Got my TR code yesterday after they sent me an email with no code previously. Hopefully anyone still waiting will get their codes soon.

#113 Kanji Tatsumi

Kanji Tatsumi

Persona 4 Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

anyone know if i can still get the codes a week from now. since tomb raider is already released. wont be able to order the card untill thursday (when i get paid) and i am worried that i wont qualify for due to it already being out..

also can any1 explain the redemption process and tell me if there is a expiration on the codes themselves

#114 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

anyone know if i can still get the codes a week from now. since tomb raider is already released. wont be able to order the card untill thursday (when i get paid) and i am worried that i wont qualify for due to it already being out..

also can any1 explain the redemption process and tell me if there is a expiration on the codes themselves

You'll be fine. The code doesn't expire until January 2014.

#115 XeRoFuN

XeRoFuN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Yes! Got my code for Tomb Raider around 12:30AM. I was getting worried/hoping it wasn't already redeemed.
Posted Image

#116 dudestorm

dudestorm

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Still haven't gotten my TR code. Sucks, but I'll keep waiting, what else am I going to do!

People over at the AMD forum linked blearily are loosing their shit over this whole thing. I've tweeted/emailed and posted on their Facebook to no avail. I agree it lame, but I'm more upset over the lack of response from AMD. I know eventually the codes will come in, it's the some what poor customer support that's worrisome. Again, I get they are trying to fix a pretty big issue so stuff takes time but total bummer right now.

#117 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

Still haven't gotten my TR code. Sucks, but I'll keep waiting, what else am I going to do!

People over at the AMD forum linked blearily are loosing their shit over this whole thing. I've tweeted/emailed and posted on their Facebook to no avail. I agree it lame, but I'm more upset over the lack of response from AMD. I know eventually the codes will come in, it's the some what poor customer support that's worrisome. Again, I get they are trying to fix a pretty big issue so stuff takes time but total bummer right now.

Same boat. Would I have liked to have the code now so I could preload? Yes. But i'm not going to lose my shit over it. I'll get it eventually. And I can't complain for getting this game and Bioshock for $39.

#118 Roc74

Roc74

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

Put in my code last week and still no code...
Hope I get it so I can preload it while I'm at work tomorrow.

How does this redemption for the games work. Am I suppose to get something from Newegg or AMD to submit to Steam and then Steam gives you another Code?
I ordered my Card last Thursday, and other then the invoice from newegg. i haven't received anything.

#119 retrad

retrad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

How does this redemption for the games work. Am I suppose to get something from Newegg or AMD to submit to Steam and then Steam gives you another Code?
I ordered my Card last Thursday, and other then the invoice from newegg. i haven't received anything.

It's a code stapled to the invoice inside the box when u physically receive ur gpu

#120 netscorer

netscorer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:39 PM

It's a code stapled to the invoice inside the box when u physically receive ur gpu

In my case (I bought from Amazon) it was an Email from Amazon on the same day the card shipped with the code to submit to AMD.