AMD Never Settle: Reloaded (FREE! Bioshock, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3)

PDJ

CAGiversary!
[customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

Edit: Here's a list of participating stores/sites taken from AMD's webpage:

Amazon, IBUYPOWER, NCIX US, Cana Computers, Maingear, Newegg, Cyberpower PC, Memory Express, Superbiiz, Digital Storm, MicroCenter, TigerDirect, Falcon NW, NCIX Canada, Velocity Micro.

[Customspoiler=Show Image]
chart_black.png
[/customspoiler]

Just added, all previous and current customers of this promotion with also receive FC3 Blood Dragon free! Credit to DarthVicious82 for the heads-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PDJ'][customspoiler=Show Image]
KLsisLP.png
[/customspoiler]

Looks like AMD is putting together another promotion for those who pick up a 7800 or 7900 series graphics card. You get Bioshock Infinite & Tomb Raider free with a 7800 card, or Bioshock Infinite & Crysis 3 with a 7900 card. And if you really feel like blowing a ton of cash and buying two 7900 cards to crossfire, you get the above three games plus Hitman Absolution, Farcry 3, and Sleeping Dogs.

I read this promotion is supposed to go live sometime next week, but NewEgg seems to be offering these deals as of today.

Newegg Graphics Cards

Figured I would provide a link above. I've been waiting for a promotion like this before I picked up another 7850 to crossfire with my other card. The 7950 cards have dropped below the $300 mark and offer a good choice as an upgrade if you're looking to get rid of that old graphics card.

I'll update the original picture once I can find a better image.[/QUOTE]

Not in the market for a new card but this should make getting a relatively cheap Bioshock and Crysis on eBay pretty easy. I bought the Far Cry 3/Hitman/Sleeping Dogs combo for 45 a few months back.

Ahh, I just received my 7950 last week. Im pretty happy with my Far Cry 3, Hitman: Absolution and Sleeping Dogs but I would LOVE to get Tomb Raider and Infinite.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Not in the market for a new card but this should make getting a relatively cheap Bioshock and Crysis on eBay pretty easy.[/QUOTE]

Same, don't need a new GPU at the moment my AMD 6870 still holds up pretty well. I will be on the lookout for the Bioshock/Tomb Raider vouchers on ebay, I should be able to get one for about $45-$60 easily.

[quote name='boredasfook']Fudge I bought that 7870 last month :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Well can't you just return it from wherever you got it and buy it now from newegg?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']the trade off is that you're now stuck with an AMD video card

;)[/QUOTE]

This. 3 of my friends had to rebuy cheap nvidia cards just to play planetside 2. While i was a big fan of ATI, the support by game companies just isnt there. Id rather buy Nvidia and guarantee i can play everything, than buy ATI and hafve certain games not function.

[quote name='Reraise']This. 3 of my friends had to rebuy cheap nvidia cards just to play planetside 2. While i was a big fan of ATI, the support by game companies just isnt there. Id rather buy Nvidia and guarantee i can play everything, than buy ATI and hafve certain games not function.[/QUOTE]

In the end, i have to wonder what is worse. Only being able to play half your games or having 3 friends who play Planetside.

This would make the 7870 MYST a smoking deal when it is back in stock. Tahiti based that can overclock to 7950 speeds, those two games for $239.

Too bad I just bought one a couple weeks ago, but it makes it tempting to crossfire it..I had a ton of issues with AMD Xfire before though and I'd need a new PSU, so I guess I'll live without it.

[quote name='RainFall']In the end, i have to wonder what is worse. Only being able to play half your games or having 3 friends who play Planetside.[/QUOTE]

Ha! OUCH!

[quote name='Oktoberfest']the trade off is that you're now stuck with an AMD video card

;)[/QUOTE]

Agree. I thought maybe I was one of the few that avoid these cards.

Always NVIDIA in this house...

[quote name='RainFall']In the end, i have to wonder what is worse. Only being able to play half your games or having 3 friends who play Planetside.[/QUOTE]
:applause:

What decade are you guys from? Because we live in 2013, and game publishers work to ensure smooth operation for both DirectX (AMD) and OpenGL (Nvidia). What's important is individual card performance.

Let's see a list of every game that's incompatible with ATI that people actually play, because apparently it's half of all PC games. :roll:

[quote name='LazyTriangle']Same, don't need a new GPU at the moment my AMD 6870 still holds up pretty well. I will be on the lookout for the Bioshock/Tomb Raider vouchers on ebay, I should be able to get one for about $45-$60 easily.[/QUOTE]

Excellent idea, I will too have to check ebay.

[quote name='xRidley']This would make the 7870 MYST a smoking deal when it is back in stock. Tahiti based that can overclock to 7950 speeds, those two games for $239.

Too bad I just bought one a couple weeks ago, but it makes it tempting to crossfire it..I had a ton of issues with AMD Xfire before though and I'd need a new PSU, so I guess I'll live without it.[/QUOTE]

I too am worried about what issues I'll run into when I try to crossfire. Buttttttt I like to buy shit so I'm hoping for the best :)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention OP. I've been wanting to play around with Crossfire with my 7870 and this gives me the perfect opportunity. Oh, and I like to buy stuff too :)

;)[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. My last 2 ATI cards crapped out in less than a year and had to pay for S&H to have them fixed.

[quote name='Zimmy']Awesome news.
Like someone mentioned, these bundles = cheap key codes on ebay.[/QUOTE]

This was the first thing I thought, too. Can't wait.

PS: It's great that none of these titles are Ubisoft titles. This means they won't be Uplay-infested. They'll be Steam or Origin (Crysis 3). Sure, Origin's not as good as Steam, but redeeming AC3 via Uplay (the prev bundle had Far Cry 3 via Uplay) has been one of the absolute worst experiences I've ever had in all the time I've been redeeming games on PC via coupons.

UPlay and Ubistore have been horrendous to deal with in getting a simple code redeemed.

It's great that they put three games I absolutely want into these promos. Steam and Origin are easy to deal with and there are going to be some serious deals to be had here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I regret buying the Sapphire 7850 for $250. Should have waited 8 months.

Damn. Thought I got it good when I got DiRT 3 when it first came out for free when I got my Sapphire card whatever year it was.

Eh. Mine's still pretty good to me. I'll wait till some new promo happens in 2014 or 2015 or something.

[quote name='Rirse']Would laptops with a Radeon HD 7970 be covered in this? I bought one earlier in the month from them.[/QUOTE]

No these deals never apply to laptops, and even then, they never apply retroactively. Only for new purchases during the promotional period.

[quote name='espy605']No these deals never apply to laptops, and even then, they never apply retroactively. Only for new purchases during the promotional period.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got a e-mail back from with the same results. Oh well.

Funny that Crysis 3 is only bundled with the higher class card, like they don't have confidence the cheaper one can run it. :p

I got a 7870 in my rig and have been considering getting a 2nd to crossfire, but dont really have the money to blow on another now. Will keep my eyes open for cheap Bioshock Infinite codes now though.

just bought an xfx 7970 GHZ edition, thanks op.

was going to pick up bioshock infinite anyway so this is a great deal.

Are the free games that come packed in with graphic card deals digital copies, disc only copies, or the full retail release?

[quote name='bruceg']Are the free games that come packed in with graphic cards digital copies, disc only copies, or the full retail release with box?[/QUOTE]

Read the fine print.

They are Steam codes.

FEH! I bought an HD 7850 mid last year. I got DiRT Showdown for it, but this is a much better deal. Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider for a decent $170 card? That's almost a no brainer.

picked up a 7850 today.

Selling these games makes me spend alot less money on the card ( 170 up front , 15 rebate and then selling these games) I get the card for roughly 100

I do not want these games so I will most likely through mine on ebay

that is bioshock infinite and tomb raider

what would you pay for those 2 on the ticket

my bet is somewhere around 60 for a nice deal on both

My 6950 still plays everything max settings at 1080p. Confused why someone would need anything faster? Maybe I'm missing out on something....

[quote name='brettsp']My 6950 still plays everything max settings at 1080p. Confused why someone would need anything faster? Maybe I'm missing out on something....[/QUOTE]

It may play everything at max 1080p, but does it play at or near a consistent 60 fps? If it doesn't, there's a reason. My gtx 670 plays everything at 60 fps if not more so couldn't be happier.

As for this deal, looking forward to eBay steam codes! Scored the sleeping dogs, far cry 3, and hitman bundle last promotion for $45 on eBay, and that was before hitman or far cry had even come out!

bread's done
Back