Contest for 1600 MSP or $20 PSN Card

RubbaBandMan

CAGiversary!
I have done a few recent contests for MSP, and one for Prey for the Xbox 360, and all have ran successfully. So here I am, running a new contest, but I am not sure how I am going to run it.

So, I want you guys to go to my channel and post what you think I need more of. (gameplay's, unboxing, whatever - I have all the current - gen consoles) Each person who posts a suggestion will automatically get a entry in the contest.

Channel is: http://www.youtube.com/user/Kingstonboy12?feature=mhee

Also, follow me on twitter @xdjnellienell FOR AN ADDITIONAL TWO ENTRIES!!!!!

Contest closes on the last day of February!!!!!

Good luck!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice I'm in!!!

PLease post a link to your channel ! I'm pretty sure I subscribed to it in the past!

I always look for gameplay footage on youtube, so I suggest you do more of that, the problem is alot of gameplay footage is too long, just like 4-5 minutes of gameplay that demostrates the games controls and art style ect, with commentary is what i normally look for.... normally when i see gameplay footage people either are just playing and happened to record it... or they are reviewing the game as a whole.... i wish they'd just comment on the gameplay they are showing and what their initial reactions are.

Generally it's safer to put up gameplay, unboxing videos don't really have much appeal. So I suggest doing gameplay videos of unique and original games people don't know about to much. The videos of Call of duty are fine and all but there's already a thousand videos on youtube doing the same.

I think you need to be a little more lively when you talk as well. That's if you want to become a little more known, not insulting you in anyway, as a lot of people don't have much of a lively voice. And it's something people can practice on and get better. But if you notice the big known game commentators I.E. Seananners, pewdiepie, roosterteeth cast and such, they all have a enthusiastic sound. just a suggestion.
But also I don't really think you should post videos of other people playing terribly on your channel. To the average viewer it will come across as annoying and arrogant. Again just suggestions and your doing a pretty good job. Best of luck to you.

Youtubed suscribed: DiceilyF

Twitter followed: @LaneMcCollister

[quote name='Colorfill']Generally it's safer to put up gameplay, unboxing videos don't really have much appeal. So I suggest doing gameplay videos of unique and original games people don't know about to much. The videos of Call of duty are fine and all but there's already a thousand videos on youtube doing the same.

I think you need to be a little more lively when you talk as well. That's if you want to become a little more known, not insulting you in anyway, as a lot of people don't have much of a lively voice. But if you notice the big known game commentators I.E. Seananners, pewdiepie, roosterteeth cast and such, they all have a enthusiastic sound. just a suggestion haha.
But also I don't really think you should post videos of other people playing terribly on your channel. To the average viewer it will come across as annoying and arrogant. Again just suggestions and best of luck to you.

Youtubed suscribed: DiceilyF

Twitter followed: @LaneMcCollister[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

Yeah, I like to see gameplay videos of games that are more on the uncommon side or if it is a popular title like CoD or Halo, something unique or different from them.

Another thing I like are achievement (or trophies for PS3 gamers) videos for some of the less than easy achievements.

Unboxings are OK, but it really needs to be something I am interested in or I will usually pass on them.

YouTube: RaddMonz
Twitter: @ilRadd

Thanks

I followed you on twitter. My name is @mattraleigh

On youtube, my name is DaRoller (i subscribed to you)

As far as ways to improve your youtube channel, I always like videos of people playing games that we've all played (BF, Halo, CoD, etc), but playing them a different way. I also like rare stuff from games (I saw you had a video of a rare vehicle from LA Noire, for example). These are the things that interest me.

a good suggestion is to not have a whiney beiber voice. seen your cod videos so not so much of a problem. but i cant tell you how many times i stopped watching something because some high pitched voice freak wouldnt stop screeching

Gonna post and follow with Kikyouwuv on YouTube and @kikyouwuv on twitter.
I'm really hoping for that PSN card since I'm getting my ps3 back from repair the 13th and that's when the first Skyrim DLC is released.

Thanks for the contest.

Unboxing videos should be limited to really really rare items, or when it's somewhat unclear what the contents of the item are. For example, I kept looking through unboxings of Battlefield 3 Premium Edition, in order to figure out whether the online pass was separate from the premium code. (It's not) Be sure your voice comes out clearly. On the Hanoi video, it was pretty low and mumbly. It was much clearer on the Nuketown video. Simple gameplay videos are fine, but you should try focusing on rare things (such as the Packard vehicle), and on instructional/informational videos. I've found that informational/instructional videos accumulate quite a few views. You might've noticed such with your Madden NFL 10 achievement guide.

followed as @betobuster435

Definitely more gameplay footage, unboxings bore me to tears. :) Instructional videos are definitely a plus, as are reviews of games. I also kind of like to watch spoilers in games (like watching every fatality in mortal kombat, or watching all of the endings for playstation all-stars battle royale). following you on twitter with @filmtheedead, and my youtube name is saraitheliger.

I agree with most of the other posts, such as brief unboxing videos and medium-length gameplay videos showcasing a standard bit of the game.
@wallyosu
Thanks!

You need more gameplay footage, because unboxings are OK, but pretty boring. Instructions and reviews for games are wonderful, and you would definitely benefit with them.
Thanks so much for the contest, my YouTube is 123Sixtii, and Twitter is gamerfan11.

You need more gameplay footage, because unboxings are OK, but pretty boring. Instructions and reviews for games are wonderful, and you would definitely benefit with them.
Thanks so much for the contest, my YouTube is 123Sixtii, and Twitter is gamerfan11.

I would say more gameplay and less unboxing. People like excitement, and unboxings can be a little boring at times. Also, you seem to have a lot of NBA and Call of Duty vids, it would be cool if you mixed it up a little, maybe with some let's plays of games like Borderlands or Dead Space or something along those lines. Game reviews would also be very cool. Whatever you do, make sure it's what you like, because if you do something that interests you, it's easier to make it interesting.
twitter- @dratkos youtube- Daniel Ratkos

Gameplay videos are interesting to see how the game plays out, unboxings are nothing special unless it is a collectors / limited edition that someone may be on the fence of buying said game.
Tl;dr more gameplay, less unboxing
followed
@Kovorkian

'Unboxed' videos are better than 'unboxing' ones, in my opinion. Just give a brief showing/review of the cool content in collectors editions and things like that.

As far as gameplay videos go, I would agree with being a bit more lively, but in doing so you have to also be yourself or it won't work out.

When it comes to CoD I don't think simply uploading gameplay is going to do it. People want something unique or awesome when they're tuning in to watch CoD stuff. Arndt fails is a spectacular idea that you could expand to more than just CoD, but you're going to have to make your commentary more lively for it to work, and less dull moments in between the funny. Perhaps have Arndt commenting as well, doing an intentionally shabby job of 'defending' himself and his actions. Making it comical is what's going to draw interest... just make sure there are little to no dull moments in between.

For basic CoD gameplay you need good commentary on strategy and gameplay analysis, and commentary videos like those seem to only racks in the views if you're already known in the community. If that's the route you're going to go, try some montages of interesting feats synchronized to upbeat music. Basically you have to find your niche if you want CoD vids to be successful. That's my opinion anyway.

'My _____ game collection' videos may seem a bit amateurish, but it'll definitely get you some views over time. I have nearly 50,000 views on the DS game collection video I posted years ago. For the thumbnail line up your boxes with the box art facing out, with cases side by side so that it looks like you have a wall of games. :p

Subbed on youtube, if you need the username PM me.

Followed on twitter via the same name as I have here.

Yes, I could use the points/credit... and if you're going to buy a card you should add eShop credit as an option too, not that I would choose that. :p

Unboxing videos are always cool to watch, especially if they're of collector's editions. It's always good to see what the bonus stuff actually looks like before deciding to buy. I followed on twitter as @goodbyetonight and subscribed on youtube as xgoodbyetonightx.

Can't believe how many people don't like unboxing videos here. They have always been some of my favorites. To be honest I don't even know why I'm so obsessed with them myself.

Just watched some of your vids and I think that you're off to a great start.

Achievement guides are always a help, especially when you're stuck and need a helpful nudge in the correct direction.

Unboxings in my honest opinion are a double-edged sword. Some people like them, and some don't. It really depends on who's watching your vids when it comes to unboxings.

Gameplay vids, like in many previous comments, need to be concise and have good commentary in them or else they'll flop.

My thought is do a couple of each kind of video, then find your niche and settle into it. That way, your channel will grow in viewers and subscribers.

The thing about unboxings is that it's not like it really takes away from your ability to make other good videos, an it's not really going to waste the viewer's time if they get a subscription update and see that it's an unboxing video they don't want to watch.

As long as making an unboxing video doesn't stop you from making other videos, then people who do like unboxings get the joy of seeing them, and people who don't can just look at the other videos.

I think everyone else pretty much covered it, but I'll post my 2 cents as well. I definitely like to watch gameplay videos, so I hope you focus more on those. And like someone said earlier, 4-5 minutes in length is the "sweet spot", if it's much longer than that most people will become disinterested and will stop watching your video. I'd love if you covered lesser known titles that deserve recognition but sadly didn't receive much...if any (Binary Domain is one game I can name off the top of my head).

No one on here won this contest since it ran through CAG/youtube/twitter.

BUT, subscriber SeanBods won!

Thanks all for entering!

bread's done
Back