Darksiders II Limited Edition $24.99--Best Buy--YMMV

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

I was at one of my local Best Buys today and saw a lot of Darksiders II Limited editions with big yellow 50% off stickers on them. The price on the display still says $49.99, but an override is done at the register. As with odd sale items, your mileage may vary.

I was only looking in the Xbox 360 section, so I am unsure if there are PS3 versions available at that price or not.

Edited by Quintessence, 04 February 2013 - 03:56 AM.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

that sounds like a store specific sale... so YMMV.. but good find and I"ll take a look when I go to best buy later today.

#3 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I saw that too, but I think the LE is only for xbox and pc

#4 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I got my for $19.99 at BB.

#5 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Limited edition was just the first print run with the lenticular. PS3 should have limited edition too. $10 is the right price point for this, especially since there may never be a third. Vigil didnt sell at auction and all employees were laid off. The Darksiders IP will be up for sale in a couple weeks but a new studio/publisher could do anything with it (if anyone actually wants it).

#6 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

360 is unavailable at all the Connecticut Stores. Not sure about PS3, but still very unlikely you'll find one.

#7 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

The lady at bb told me that ps3 didn't get an LE and when I checked their website it doesn't list the ps3 LE version. I could be wrong, just puttin' it out there.

#8 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Limited edition was just the first print run with the lenticular. PS3 should have limited edition too. $10 is the right price point for this, especially since there may never be a third. Vigil didnt sell at auction and all employees were laid off. The Darksiders IP will be up for sale in a couple weeks but a new studio/publisher could do anything with it (if anyone actually wants it).

Crytek bought em a few days ago.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#9 GirlsRscandalouz

GirlsRscandalouz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Darksiders 2 LE ..PS3 did get a limited edition I saw it when it came out

#10 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

Technically Crytek didnt buy them, but they hired the same team of Vigil employees and started a new studio called Crytek USA, consisting of the 35 former Vigil Games employees. I don't know if the Darksiders rights were bought.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#11 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

No they didn't. Vigil has been closed and all employees laid off. Crytek hired 35 of the couple hundred employees that were laid off. They didnt buy the studio or the IP.

#12 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

You're right, it would seem I got my wires crossed on those stories. Still a shit situation, either way. Hopefully the franchise isn't lost forever. Be curious to see if Platinum goes through with trying to grab the franchise.

Don't wanna further derail the topic. Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: Happy Inktober! New drawing every day!    |      Trade List

I do art commissions. Ask me to draw for you. I even accept some toys as payment.

#13 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I saw a whole bunch of LE's when I grabbed Prototype 2 on Thursday. Didn't check the price but I'll keep an eye on it. I can resist until it gets to that "it costs less than a cheap lunch" mark. With Best Buy, it could happen. Just wait and see.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#14 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

You're right, it would seem I got my wires crossed on those stories. Still a shit situation, either way. Hopefully the franchise isn't lost forever. Be curious to see if Platinum goes through with trying to grab the franchise.

Don't wanna further derail the topic. Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.

I wasn't trying to derail, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the situation with the game before buying it so they could make a more educated decision. Personally, I don't think it's worth picking up until it hits $10. After the THQ IP auction in a few weeks (date is TBD), if the IP sells then maybe I'd pay more than $10. Until the auction or if it's unsold at auction then forget it.

#15 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

There are or were three version (excluding Collector's Edition) of Darksiders II Bestbuy sold at:

• Limited Edition Best Buy exclusive version
  • Limited Edition (different UPC) that all other retailers had
  • regular version which might be the same UPC as LE

#16 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Got it for $15 while back ;)
"Evil is Funs"

#17 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.

The death masks are in the Collector's Edition, and those are completely gone everywhere, aside from huge markups on Amazon and eBay of course.

#18 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Limited edition was just the first print run with the lenticular.

It also comes with the first DLC and a costume. I am not sure if the regular versions include that. Of course, if you get the Best Buy exclusive edition, that will be slightly different. EDIT: I just opened mine (I got the Best Buy one) and inside is the Argul's Tomb DLC, Angel of Death costume DLC, Crucible code, and a small comic.

Nevertheless, this version is cheaper than what Amazon has the normal one for. And I like shiny things! :bouncy:

Edited by Quintessence, 02 February 2013 - 10:59 PM.

#19 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Hahaha, I'm on a roll today!

#20 edson13

edson13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

I wasn't trying to derail, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the situation with the game before buying it so they could make a more educated decision. Personally, I don't think it's worth picking up until it hits $10. After the THQ IP auction in a few weeks (date is TBD), if the IP sells then maybe I'd pay more than $10. Until the auction or if it's unsold at auction then forget it.

its not a stock, so why would it matter? All that should matter is the gameplay and story.

#21 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Huh? You think just because there might not be anymore in the series, that it isn't worth $25? Ok... :roll:

#22 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

I hate it that Crytek didn't buy the IP. Darksiders is awesome, and now we will never get to see its conclusion.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#23 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I hate it that Crytek didn't buy the IP. Darksiders is awesome, and now we will never get to see its conclusion.

We will see what happens with the legacy sale. I just hope somebody buys the IP. Since Homefront got bought, this just has to be picked up!

#24 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

I am about to finish Darksiders from PS+, loving this game, aside from few annoying puzzles that is not a exercise of the mind but solely based on trial and error. I assume II has made further improvements.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#25 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:51 PM

$10 or less for me.

#26 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Next time I'm at Best Buy I'll have to take a look. I've got $20 in BB credit so ~$5 for this game would be sweet.

#27 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

Huh? You think just because there might not be anymore in the series, that it isn't worth $25? Ok... :roll:

That's exactly what I'm saying. The first game ended in a cliffhanger. I've not played the 2nd game but know enough about it to know that it happens concurrently with the first. Personally I'm not a fan of watching TV shows that get cancelled after the season cliffhanger and similarly I'm not going to pay $25 for a game series that has no conclusion.
Spoiler

If Mass Effect 3 was cancelled and EA said they'd never make it, how many people would go and play ME1 and ME2 now for $25 each? People may compare the series to Zelda but unlike Zelda it isn't a self contained story.

Edited by Blaster man, 02 February 2013 - 11:35 PM.

#28 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

For somebody who "makes video games", you sure do spread some incorrect information about them.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#29 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

vigil studios just sreams out sony and ubisofts name to me. in my mind one of those two publishers should have snatched them up. wasnt sony santa monica interested in their employees ? im also wondering since the publisher and studio are offically gone will this game get re printed ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#30 AmongPatriots

AmongPatriots

CAGiversary! A Hwat?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

For somebody who "makes video games", you sure do spread some incorrect information about them.

Though his facts weren't straight, it was still relevant to the issue of the studio. I'd appreciate the information. It'd be up to me to look up further details. Not everyone who works in the game industry will be crystal clear on any form of acquisition.