Photo
- - - - -

Darksiders II Limited Edition $24.99--Best Buy--YMMV

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

vigil studios just sreams out sony and ubisofts name to me. in my mind one of those two publishers should have snatched them up. wasnt sony santa monica interested in their employees ? im also wondering since the publisher and studio are offically gone will this game get re printed ?

It's too late. Vigil is dead.

#32 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

It's too late. Vigil is dead.

i know, i was hoping that sony or ubisoft would have saved them :(
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#33 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

I worry that if no one picks up the franchise, then copies will become scarce, and I still need to buy the second one. I wouldn't want to risk waiting for the price to drop to bargain levels.

#34 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

I worry that if no one picks up the franchise, then copies will become scarce, and I still need to buy the second one. I wouldn't want to risk waiting for the price to drop to bargain levels.

The Wii U version is the rarest.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#35 H3m1 R4m

H3m1 R4m

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

That's exactly what I'm saying. The first game ended in a cliffhanger. I've not played the 2nd game but know enough about it to know that it happens concurrently with the first. Personally I'm not a fan of watching TV shows that get cancelled after the season cliffhanger and similarly I'm not going to pay $25 for a game series that has no conclusion.

Spoiler

If Mass Effect 3 was cancelled and EA said they'd never make it, how many people would go and play ME1 and ME2 now for $25 each? People may compare the series to Zelda but unlike Zelda it isn't a self contained story.

I also thought it was a cliffhanger but it really isnt. Its a prelude to what was going to be the other games. I heard rumor that they were wanting to make a third game with Co-op featuring the other 2 Horsemen, Fury and Strife. But that isnt going to happen now. :(
SPOILER ALERT!
Spoiler

Edited by H3m1 R4m, 03 February 2013 - 02:58 AM.

#36 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Has anyone else seen this price? My BB has tons of copies of the BB LE edition, and I've been waiting for the price to drop on it for awhile now.

#37 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

I am about to finish Darksiders from PS+, loving this game, aside from few annoying puzzles that is not a exercise of the mind but solely based on trial and error. I assume II has made further improvements.

The game is cool until they make you do this long fetch quest through areas you already beat, then it drags on. Is that where you are?

#38 AukeySeven

AukeySeven

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Has anyone else seen this price? My BB has tons of copies of the BB LE edition, and I've been waiting for the price to drop on it for awhile now.

I saw this sale at the BB on Los Feliz blvd in CA but they only had xbox version. They were in a stack across from the gamer checkout area. YMMV

#39 skateraXVIII

skateraXVIII

A Muthaf***ing Bunny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

Aside from the death of the original Devil May Cry series, the probable cancellation of any future Darksider games is disappointing. If it's dead, let it die. Don't let another company pick it up and make it into something gay, as was the case with DmC. Seems like when other developers pick up the rights to a game franchise they end up royally screwing it up and deviating too far from the originals. Happened to Crackdown 2, DmC, Far Cry 2, and quite a few others.

"Put some hot sauce on my burrito baby!"
adf.jpg

#40 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

The game is cool until they make you do this long fetch quest through areas you already beat, then it drags on. Is that where you are?

Yep. Hopefully I can have time over the weekend to finish it.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#41 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

Happened to Crackdown 2

Eh....That one was basically staying extremely close to the original in terms of practically everything. Which reviewers despised. Cause fixing something that isn't broke is apparently a bad thing to them or something.

#42 Action!

Action!

Animatah.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Though I can get not wanting to start up on a story potentially doomed to remain unfinished, the game really is quite good. Sticks to the gated design that people like about Zelda and pushes the combat/combos further than DS1 did. The art's great and Jesper Kyd killed it with the soundtrack. Really cool work.

That said, I did end up trading in my 360 copy to BB not long ago. Amazon had a pretty great package deal for DS1 and DS2 on PC, as well as the season pass and DLC for the latter. Either way, it's worth playing.

For somebody who "makes video games", you sure do spread some incorrect information about them.

Oh no, not my net cred! The game design hive mind will be most upset with me.

I draw sometimes.

Trade List

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#43 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

I saw this sale at the BB on Los Feliz blvd in CA but they only had xbox version. They were in a stack across from the gamer checkout area. YMMV

That is actually the Best Buy I was at. lol

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#44 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I wasn't trying to derail, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew the situation with the game before buying it so they could make a more educated decision. Personally, I don't think it's worth picking up until it hits $10. After the THQ IP auction in a few weeks (date is TBD), if the IP sells then maybe I'd pay more than $10. Until the auction or if it's unsold at auction then forget it.

What does this have to do with the game value? It is more likely to go OOP before it hits $10. Besides, the game is amazing for anyone who craves a Zelda-esque gameplay but doesn't have a Wii.

I picked it up the game on Black Friday for $30 and it was definitely worth it then!

Aside from the death of the original Devil May Cry series, the probable cancellation of any future Darksider games is disappointing. If it's dead, let it die. Don't let another company pick it up and make it into something gay, as was the case with DmC. Seems like when other developers pick up the rights to a game franchise they end up royally screwing it up and deviating too far from the originals. Happened to Crackdown 2, DmC, Far Cry 2, and quite a few others.

Did you even play DmC? The game is pretty solid compared to the originals. Besides, DMC needed a reboot as the catastrophe that was DMC 4 soiled its name.

Just because the main character had gotten a haircut doesn't make the game bad.

Edited by StryderOmega, 03 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

xivpads.png

#45 IzzyF3

IzzyF3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

What does this have to do with the game value? It is more likely to go OOP before it hits $10. Besides, the game is amazing for anyone who craves a Zelda-esque gameplay but doesn't have a Wii.

I picked it up the game on Black Friday for $30 and it was definitely worth it then!

Did you even play DmC? The game is pretty solid compared to the originals. Besides, DMC needed a reboot as the catastrophe that was DMC 4 soiled its name.

Just because the main character had gotten a haircut doesn't make the game bad.

Completely agree. DmC wouldn't be necessary if DMC 4 wasn't such a bad game. As far I'm concerned, DmC is the most successful western developed Capcom original and definitely breathing new life to the series.

#46 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

Tempting to own a soon-to-be piece of gaming history. I'm still shocked that no one put a single bid in for Vigil at the THQ auction. Square Enix could have picked up another Western development house for dirt cheap.

Posted Image

#47 aramsey1986

aramsey1986

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Anyone have a SKU for this one? Curious cause the BB i called said all versions are $49.99. They even have 1 CE for $79.99 still.
Posted Image

#48 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

I hate it that Crytek didn't buy the IP. Darksiders is awesome, and now we will never get to see its conclusion.

Yeah it's a damn shame a lot of people are missing out on a great game. I really enjoyed Darksiders II.

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#49 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Don't wanna further derail the topic. Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.

When I did a pre-order for Darksiders II for an in store pick up they screwed up and gave me this version by mistake. I was super tempted to sell it off, I mean who wouldn't be, but didn't. Now, with everything that has happened to THQ and all that they are probably going to wind up fairly rare and I'm really glad I didn't.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#50 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:10 PM

Just saw Darksiders II Limited Edition for $9.99 at my local Target. I would have picked it up if I had not already picked up the franchise pack for the PC.

#51 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

I so want darksiders 2. I wish I knew for sure if it was on sale. Especially if it was $9.99 I'd go up to the store after I eat lunch but I don't know for sure if it will be on sale.

#52 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

I so want darksiders 2. I wish I knew for sure if it was on sale. Especially if it was $9.99 I'd go up to the store after I eat lunch but I don't know for sure if it will be on sale.

$9.99 is highly YMMV.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#53 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Just saw Darksiders II Limited Edition for $9.99 at my local Target. I would have picked it up if I had not already picked up the franchise pack for the PC.

For what system?

#54 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

I just saw an ex Vigil employee selling these off the back of a van for $4.99 each...am I playing this game right?

#55 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

For what system?

They had the 360 version shown with a price cut tag. It was on the shelves with the regular games and not clearance.

#56 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

They had the 360 version shown with a price cut tag. It was on the shelves with the regular games and not clearance.

So it's not YMMV?!?!???

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#57 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

So it's not YMMV?!?!???

I know where I'm going tonight. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#58 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

So it's not YMMV?!?!???

I have no idea. Just saw it sitting amongst other games with the Price Cut tag. I will not have a chance to go back today, but will try tomorrow to snap a picture. I didn't even know this thread was on CAG or else I would have snapped it earlier today.

#59 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

I know where I'm going tonight. ;)

To be honest, I am still having doubts of this not being YMMV...

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#60 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

To be honest, I am still having doubts of this not being YMMV...

Yeah, I know, but I'll be out and about anyway and there will be a Target nearby that I can check. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Infamous: SS :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD (:))

Last Watched Film: Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi