Darksiders II Limited Edition $24.99--Best Buy--YMMV

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#91 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

I really doubt it has anything to do with that and more to do with people wanting to use the picture to try and price match it themselves.

thank you. i don't doubt the person, i want to replicate their success

#92 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:27 PM

http://www.cheapassg...hp?albumid=8590

i see one picture of game guides?
Posted Image

#93 karmicplayground

karmicplayground

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:38 PM

Dang. We gotta get the western suburb CAG's working together. I'd love to snag that, no way I make it out there until late tonight.

It's the one on Schaumburg road. i just realized that might be Schaumburg there. It's not my normal target, I had just happened to stop there looking for something else because my target didn't have it.

#94 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's the one on Schaumburg road. i just realized that might be Schaumburg there. It's not my normal target, I had just happened to stop there looking for something else because my target didn't have it.

Yup, that would be Schaumburg. Thanks for clarifying the road, saved me a trip to the one at 59 and Irving. :)

If I get the chance, I may check it out after work. Was it in a clearance section somewhere? Haven't been to that one in some time, thought they may have changed the layout.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#95 karmicplayground

karmicplayground

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Yup, that would be Schaumburg. Thanks for clarifying the road, saved me a trip to the one at 59 and Irving. :)

If I get the chance, I may check it out after work. Was it in a clearance section somewhere? Haven't been to that one in some time, thought they may have changed the layout.

Nope it's with the xbox games all the way int he back of the store. I'd call to see if they have it as I grabbed the 2nd to last copy at noon yesterday. Yeah wasn't sure if it was streamwood or schaumburg there.

#96 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

The one in Barboursville, WV was a bust. It was still $49.99. The trip wasn't a complete waste though... I stopped by a local pawn shop and scored Halo 3 ODST, BF3 LE, and Resident Evil 6 all on 360 for $7 apiece. I have no interest in RE6, I bought it just to flip it on eBay or at Gamestop, but will gladly trade it for a Darksiders II on 360 if anyone is interested.

cagsig30zt.jpg
"Idle hands spend time at the genitals, and we all know how much God hates that." - Ol' Drippy

$1 X-Box One!  Join the referral conga line!

$1 PS4!  Join the referral conga line!

#97 dei

dei

CAG on Training Wheels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I checked two Targets on the way home from work. One had the PC version only for $9.99, no PS3 copies, 360 was $49.99. The other had no PC versions and both console versions for $49.99.

#98 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Thanks, OP, I'll check my store on the way home. I definitely want to play DS2, since I thought the first one was fun. The possibility of the story never getting an ending doesn't change it for me (although it'd be a shame).

#99 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Nope it's with the xbox games all the way int he back of the store. I'd call to see if they have it as I grabbed the 2nd to last copy at noon yesterday. Yeah wasn't sure if it was streamwood or schaumburg there.

Gave them a call, he priced checked on the phone for $49.99. Was there a sticker on it or a manual price adjust or something? I've got it on hold there right now.

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#100 Unseen77

Unseen77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

My local Target has this for $9.99 but its the pc version only. I don't think I have ever seen any ps3 games go on sale at it =(

My PC can run this just fine but I kind of wanted it for console( as strange as that sounds), think I'll pass in hopes for ps3 version going on sale somewhere.

#101 karmicplayground

karmicplayground

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Gave them a call, he priced checked on the phone for $49.99. Was there a sticker on it or a manual price adjust or something? I've got it on hold there right now.

There was a printed sign under the game. It did ring up $49.99 but they adjusted it. I'm wondering if they caught on it was wrong (some people states it was for the pc)

#102 Pauler

Pauler

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

Sounds like the Target deal was a lucky fluke, but if your interested BBuy has the Pre-Owned PS3 version for 24.99, and 10% less if you are a RewardZone Unlocked. I went this route.

#103 spacegundam0079

spacegundam0079

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=29368

Again. Not sure how you missed this in the folder. Guessing it is YMMV situation. But my brother had this matched on his way home for my nephews at BB for Xbox 360.
Posted Image

#104 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Just went to my target since I had to pick up a couple other things but it was still $49.99 there. Oh well, maybe this way be a $10 game soon with one of best buys blowout sales.

#105 karmicplayground

karmicplayground

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

http://www.cheapassg...pictureid=29368

Again. Not sure how you missed this in the folder. Guessing it is YMMV situation. But my brother had this matched on his way home for my nephews at BB for Xbox 360.

Looks like the sign I saw

#106 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Staff

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

You're right, it would seem I got my wires crossed on those stories. Still a shit situation, either way. Hopefully the franchise isn't lost forever. Be curious to see if Platinum goes through with trying to grab the franchise.

Don't wanna further derail the topic. Would be stoked to track down one of those Death masks.

i seen a beat up 360 version in west covina about a week or so ago. i forget the price but i want to say 80ish

#107 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Don't Wear Regular Shoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

knew I should have stopped at target on the way home!

so the BB price online doesn't reflect the store clearance I assume?

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

If you have Growl for Genesis CIB Please PM me battousai11 is a superhero! Thanks!

My Tradelist- Want Dragons Crown and Stuff!

#108 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Since there is some confusion, the $10 Darksiders II Limited Edition price tag posted here is intended for the pc version only at Target. As was stated, the dpci number is for the pc version (matches the one I bought today). Target employees may be hanging the price tag in the wrong place, and people are getting the console versions for $10 as well or going to Best Buy to try to get a price match with the picture (obviously all ymmv). Or there may be some store specific manager special.

Edited by bruceg, 05 February 2013 - 10:38 AM.

#109 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Owns Every Hamster Game* on PSN

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

I have to go to Best Buy tomorrow anyway, I may try to price match that pic. I guess it's worth a shot...

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: My XBLA Backlog