Four in February

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#31 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

So, have DeliveryPizza and SeymourGams officially paired up? I could update the main thread accordingly, as I have done for me :)
Now I'm eager to sink my teeth into Bioshock 2 while I frantically search for my old wired Xbox joypad, buried somewhere under our recent relocation boxes, to play my other 3 games without keyboard controls... :bouncy:

I think we have, but haven't finalized our games. I've already beat Portal, so I'm waiting for him to still suggest my 4th game. And he already beat Batman: AA, and can't play Alan Wake, so I suggested he play Batman: AC and Darksiders instead. But I haven't heard back yet.

#32 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Of course, February is the shortest month >.>

Take your time, I don't know if I'll be able to complete my list either, but I'll try my best... plus, we can always repeat the experiment during Mow Down March or Achieving April ;)

#33 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

Take your time, I don't know if I'll be able to complete my list either, but I'll try my best... plus, we can always repeat the experiment during Mow Down March or Achieving April ;)

Jackpot!

#34 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Cool idea.

I'd love to pair up with someone for this challenge. Here's my backlog and my community profile.

Wanna pair up? If so I choose Bioshock 2, Chronicles of Riddick Assault on dark athena, Deadlight, and Dustforce.

My Backlog
Spoiler

524190.png

#35 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Whoa, 10gb download for Bioshock 2, and my missus just launched her iPhone update... time to wake up some Drowsy Puppies, I guess!
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#36 Echoes

Echoes

Farm roads ftw

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Well, heres my backlog of games I haven't given up on yet, if anyone wants to pair up.

Spoiler

Edited by Echoes, 06 February 2013 - 03:02 AM.

steam_sig.png

Forms_and_Shapes.png

#37 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Okay, then for you my revised list is as follows:
Torchlight
Jet Set Radio
Batman Arkham City (if that's okay with you, not sure if you're burnt out on the gameplay after playing Batman Arkham Asylum so recently)
Darksiders

Also, I've actually already beat Portal. Different account. But I'm stoked for Waking Mars, Bioshock, and Torchlight. So you'll have to suggest another game for me.

I'm addicted to Torchlight now, I spent most of work last night playing it (thank D-g for slow-season), so Fuck you for that firstly. ;)

I'm going to install Darksiders and see how my computer handles it.

Do you mind throwing a less modern or graphic heavy option my way instead of Arkham? I have a pretty good feeling that I will take the time to install it to find out my computer can't handle it.

Does Aliens Vs. Predator work for your new 4th game?
Posted Image

#38 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Cool idea.

Wanna pair up? If so I choose Bioshock 2, Chronicles of Riddick Assault on dark athena, Deadlight, and Dustforce.

My Backlog

Spoiler

Thank you for picking Bioshock 2. I preordered that game and am still nowhere close to beating it. I'm definitely down for the rest of the games, and I'll try to beat both Butcher Bay and Dark Athena in the month, since they're bundled together.

My recommendations for you are Binding of Isaac (I'd say it's beat after you beat the womb's boss, but you can set your own goal), Psychonauts, Gravity Rush (it just looks cool, never played it), and Cave Story+. Hope those work for you.

#39 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

I'm going to install Darksiders and see how my computer handles it.

It runs but the lag during videos and the mouse sensitivity killed it for me after 20 minutes... sorry.
Posted Image

#40 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I took the time to update the OP even with partials and tweak the layout a little, hope you don't mind MrshllJcb ;)

'grats guys, great choices all around! I love Condemned, my first Xbox 360 game and boy what a great launch title it was! Even though its detective mechanics were all scripted, it gave me a unique feeling and spurred me on to the end, coupled with a tense atmosphere and an original combat system more akin to beat'em ups than shooters.
Spoiler

And I'm a great Torchlight addict too! I'm glad my gf's a fan too, so I've got a great co-op partner right beside me whenever I want :lol:
Plus, if you like the first, you'll be amazed to see how well the second one runs on your rig, even if it's a 5-6 years old machine... the folks at Runic should hold code optimization classes for developers!

Edited by Junpei, 05 February 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#41 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I took the time to update the OP even with partials and tweak the layout a little, hope you don't mind MrshllJcb ;)

'grats guys, great choices all around! I love Condemned, my first Xbox 360 game and boy what a great launch title it was! Even though its detective mechanics were all scripted, it gave me a unique feeling and spurred me on to the end, coupled with a tense atmosphere and an original combat system more akin to beat'em ups than shooters.

Spoiler

hahaha YES! Thats one of the best moment ever.

#42 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

@Junpei, I certainly dont mind, thats why I made it a wiki. I just wanted to get it started and knew that other people could tweak it to make it better, so thanks for editing the pairing to make it look better.

Awesome to see so many people participating. I really like the idea of trying to do this in other months as well. Gonna start Zeno Clash today after work if time affords.

#43 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

It runs but the lag during videos and the mouse sensitivity killed it for me after 20 minutes... sorry.

Okay, so how about Trine and Sonic Adventure DX for your last two games then? And AvP will work for me!

#44 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Okay, so how about Trine and Sonic Adventure DX for your last two games then? And AvP will work for me!

Those will do! I have some extra codes laying around, if you beat all your games, I'll throw you one or two.
Posted Image

#45 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Those will do! I have some extra codes laying around, if you beat all your games, I'll throw you one or two.

Great. I'll try and figure out something for the same for you. Only problem is, it looks like we've bought a lot of the same bundles and such from places like Amazon, so our steam librarys have a lot of crossover. Freaking Tony.

Also, I remembered that I actually have a copy of Bioshock on xbox 360, so I'm going to play it on that instead of Steam. It has achievements :lol:

#46 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Just finished Zeno Clash and all I can say is wtf???? Such a bizarre game, but I did enjoy it a lot. Great pick Junpei, I dont know when I would have gotten to that otherwise and it was actually a really quick playthrough. If I manage to beat my other 3 before the month is over I will attempt the challenge towers.

Not sure how to make it so theres a line through the text, but was trying to figure out a way to check off the games we have finished.

#47 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Not sure how to make it so theres a line through the text, but was trying to figure out a way to check off the games we have finished.

You can use the second icon from the right on the second row, the one next to the SPOILER tag icon: that's the line-through tag, even though it's not clear from its description ;)

I've edited the post as you said, it's a good way to keep track of our progresses. And I'm glad you appreciated Zeno Clash, it's truly something wacky and original in a landscape of copy/paste FPS :D
Posted Image

#48 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Just finished Quantum Conundrum last night. Very enjoyable. I kept thinking that it reminded me of Portal, and then lo and behold, I saw Kim Swift in the credits. I hope they make a sequel.

#49 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Just finished Quantum Conundrum last night. Very enjoyable. I kept thinking that it reminded me of Portal, and then lo and behold, I saw Kim Swift in the credits. I hope they make a sequel.

Way to go! I've crossed out the game in your list ;)

I'm slowly progressing with Bioshock 2, since I have an unenviable fixation to explore every level's nook and cranny, but so far I've enjoyed the more or less subtle references to the first game... I have a feeling that I'll want to 100% its achievements on PC, and then double dip it on Xbox... :roll:

Next, I've loaded P.B. Winterbottom today for the first time and was immediately smitten with the concept: this game oozes class from every pixel, and I like its time travel-based puzzles very much. The atmosphere reminds me of Layton, but from a more "villainous" point of view :)

Deadlight is still waiting on Steam servers, while I was having fun with Sleeping Dogs until yesterday, when a friend came home and I decided to show it off beginning a new game... only to realize that I had saved a single time after the starting sequence, and all my following progresses were erased when the autosave was overwritten... :cold:
Posted Image

#50 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Way to go! I've crossed out the game in your list ;)

Thanks!

#51 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

About half way through Portal 2. My god, im in love.

#52 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Gilby and I are planning on doing this, we're just getting a bit of a late start, sorry.

#53 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Gilby and I are planning on doing this, we're just getting a bit of a late start, sorry.

Not a problem, its all for fun anyway.

Although, I did start Psychonauts, and this is going to be a challenge. I really struggle with games that dont give a real clear explanation of what I should be doing and that I can just putz around in forever without completing anything. I may have to save this one for last

#54 Sinfulfate

Sinfulfate

The Podfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thank you for picking Bioshock 2. I preordered that game and am still nowhere close to beating it. I'm definitely down for the rest of the games, and I'll try to beat both Butcher Bay and Dark Athena in the month, since they're bundled together.

My recommendations for you are Binding of Isaac (I'd say it's beat after you beat the womb's boss, but you can set your own goal), Psychonauts, Gravity Rush (it just looks cool, never played it), and Cave Story+. Hope those work for you.

Sounds good. I started the Binding of issac but man is that good tough. Gonna work on some of the easier games first.

524190.png

#55 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

He twisted my arm.

I'm adding one condition for my list in that I want at least one game to be non-steam. Desura or an indie game from a bundle for that one, probably.

#56 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Sounds good. I started the Binding of issac but man is that good tough. Gonna work on some of the easier games first.

That game is really hard. I remember going for the special achievement from that one for the winter sale of 2011 and it took quite a long time.

... (short pause while I check my Steam library)

Turns out I have only played it for 13 hours, during which I beat the game multiple times. The special achievement was to beat a boss that only randomly appeared sometimes. I would recommend trying that one on and off throughout the month. It seems really hard at first, but once you get more used to it, it gets a lot easier.

#57 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

He twisted my arm.

I'm adding one condition for my list in that I want at least one game to be non-steam. Desura or an indie game from a bundle for that one, probably.

No need for any of your games to be on Steam, as long as you struggle hard enough to complete them ;)

#58 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

That game is really hard. I remember going for the special achievement from that one for the winter sale of 2011 and it took quite a long time.

... (short pause while I check my Steam library)

Turns out I have only played it for 13 hours, during which I beat the game multiple times. The special achievement was to beat a boss that only randomly appeared sometimes. I would recommend trying that one on and off throughout the month. It seems really hard at first, but once you get more used to it, it gets a lot easier.

I'd agree with spreading it out. It is hard at first, but the more you play the easier it gets. I think I beat the boss for the first time in about 8 hours, but then beat the boss many more times quicker.

#59 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

No need for any of your games to be on Steam, as long as you struggle hard enough to complete them ;)

True, I just want to assure that part of the four is something non-Steam, as they tend to be more easily forgotten about.

#60 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

True, I just want to assure that part of the four is something non-Steam, as they tend to be more easily forgotten about.

I see you've been playing Coconut Queen. Is that in anticipation of what you think I might pick for you? ;)