Four in February

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#91 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:19 AM

Np. Bioshock 2 gets a lot of hate for being an unnecessary sequel which is true but its still a great game. I finished Gravity Rush. Very unique game but combat is dull and the story isn't very interesting though I loved the made up language the characters spoke. Going to finish cave story next.

I'm a really big Bioshock fan (picked up the first on release day, and was absolutely blown away when I first played on 360) and grabbed the second on release day as well and wasnt disappointed in it at all. I know its a different experience playing as the original Big Daddy and I guess I cans see why people complained but I really liked the 2nd as well. I've already got Bioshock Infinite (from a CAG from the amd bundle) and cant wait to play it.

Okay, I'm having way too much fun with this cheesy ass point and click Murder She Wrote game.

I surrender my right to call myself a gamer and my manhood while I am at it. I might as well just become an old lady and get it over with. I already started shopping at Big Fish.

haha I actually have Big Fish installed on my laptop, I always wondered where it came from and I just figured out its from getting Plants vs Zombies on the cheap (but not as cheap as it was halloween)

#92 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

I suffered a pretty awful migraine last night that lead to me leaving work and going to the ER at 3AM.

The reason I bring this up (besides the Coconut Queen themed pity party I hope is thrown) is because this could have an affect on my gaming, if this becomes a permanent aspect of my life. I will try going back to Torchlight tonight when things slow down and see how I handle it.

Hey I hope you're feeling better

#93 Steampunk Willie

Steampunk Willie

Friendly Neighborhood Lurker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

Hey I hope you're feeling better

Thanks. Migraine is gone and haven't had a reprise... managed to get fired, so life's been better.
Posted Image

#94 kalilyrr

kalilyrr

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Looks interesting, Thanks :)

#95 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Thanks. Migraine is gone and haven't had a reprise... managed to get fired, so life's been better.

Managed to get fired and things are better? I'm hoping you are actually serious and this is something you were hoping for and not sarcasm. Either way, good to hear your migraines are gone.

And been playing more Batman AA. Really like it a lot and definitely want to get it done before the month is over. Will probably be to burnt out to play Arkham City right away for next month, but will put it on my April gaming list if we do this again.

And today I will also start Aliens:CM. Been really looking forward to this game so very excited for it. If theres anyone here who is also grabbing it and wants to play some coop shoot me a pm.

#96 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

And today I will also start Aliens:CM. Been really looking forward to this game so very excited for it. If theres anyone here who is also grabbing it and wants to play some coop shoot me a pm.

I've been reading pretty bad things on that one, I hope they're just rants of butthurt diehard fans who are grieving over something completely trivial, like xenomorphs' vertebrae count.
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#97 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

VVVVVVV complete! What a fun and cute game. Someone of those rooms were damn hard though lol

#98 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Okay after playing Murder She Wrote a bit more it gets really repetitive and it's pretty easy even without hints, but it's a point and click hidden object game. Still a decent time waster in doses and I'm not going to complain about easy after getting killed multiple times in Arcanum. :-P

#99 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've been reading pretty bad things on that one, I hope they're just rants of butthurt diehard fans who are grieving over something completely trivial, like xenomorphs' vertebrae count.

I'm reading all these user reviews and critics reviews and its making me feel horrible about how this is gonna be.

Luckily I actually enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever which was also very critically panned so hope I can enjoy this too. Plus almost any game can be fun with coop so it'll be about finding other people to play with

#100 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Deadlight is done! Not the best game, I'd much rather play Limbo or Braid or a number of other platformers, but aside from a couple of bugs (falling through the floor) at the end and the last 10 minutes being a little ridiculous on what it expects from you, I did have at least enough fun.

#101 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

So I'm not sure if I want to continue with Underrail. On the one hand, it's immediately grabbing. This is definitely in the vein of Fallout and the like. I know I'll like it. I'm just not sure I want to play it while it's incomplete. This might be one best to put off until release.

#102 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

So I'm not sure if I want to continue with Underrail. On the one hand, it's immediately grabbing. This is definitely in the vein of Fallout and the like. I know I'll like it. I'm just not sure I want to play it while it's incomplete. This might be one best to put off until release.

Okay, I am officially taking you off the hook for Underrail and putting you on the hook for The Cat Lady. Check PMs. ;)

#103 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

Okay, I am officially taking you off the hook for Underrail and putting you on the hook for The Cat Lady. Check PMs. ;)

Nice.

I did put some more time into Underrail today. I then contacted the developer to see if there is a manual or something with some flavor text to establish a background and setting. The game is sparse on flavor. It needs various things lying around that a player can read. It needs more NPCs that can provide snippets of information. It's good at telling me what I need to go do, but not so good at getting me to feel like I should want to do that.

On the plus side I didn't see bugs. The interface is clear and usable. The gameplay and mechanics are very clean at this Alpha stage. That's a very good sign. Now hopefully as it moves into beta and release the story gets properly fleshed out.

#104 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

EDIT: Belated, but please feel free to steal the image in my signature below to use it if you want. It's for anyone who wants it.

Glad to see you've joined in, Motoki! Since you've partnered with someone, and I imagine most everyone else here has, I'll do this: I'll post a list of 10 games, and you can all try to chime in on the final four, if you're so inclined. Otherwise, I'll pick them myself.

Owing to my time commitments lately, that's probably just as well. I'm not sure how much game time I'll be able to fit in. But maybe picking some games will motivate me to finish them, even being so busy.

Right. So here they are, in no particular order:

1. Dust: An Elysian Tail
2. Far Cry 3
3. Dishonored
4. I Am Alive
5. Mark of the Ninja
6. Broken Sword
7. Hitman: Blood Money
8. Batman: Arkham Asylum
9. Psychonauts
10. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link
Posted Image

#105 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

EDIT: Belated, but please feel free to steal the image in my signature below to use it if you want. It's for anyone who wants it.

Glad to see you've joined in, Motoki! Since you've partnered with someone, and I imagine most everyone else here has, I'll do this: I'll post a list of 10 games, and you can all try to chime in on the final four, if you're so inclined. Otherwise, I'll pick them myself.

Owing to my time commitments lately, that's probably just as well. I'm not sure how much game time I'll be able to fit in. But maybe picking some games will motivate me to finish them, even being so busy.

2. Far Cry 3
3. Dishonored
4. I Am Alive
5. Mark of the Ninja
6. Broken Sword
9. Psychonauts

I vote for Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Dust and I am Alive. With your limited gaming time I wanted to only pout one game that could turn into a time sink (Dishonored) even though it can also be beaten quickly as well.

Also started Aliens CM coop with a buddy of mine. Its really not as great as I (and every other Aliens fan) had been hoping but its a serviceable, hectic coop shooter. Looking forward to trying it with more than 2 humans playing to see if the difficulty gets ramped up and because I imagine humans will be much smarter than the partner AI

#106 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

2. Far Cry 3
3. Dishonored
4. I Am Alive
5. Mark of the Ninja
6. Broken Sword
9. Psychonauts

I'll go with:

Dust (because it's not a PC game and I don't own a 360 but I'm genuinely curious to hear about it)

Broken Sword (Love a good adventure game, says the guy currently playing Murder She Wrote :lol:)

Mark of the Ninja (btw I really should play that myself)

Dishonored (ditto the above and for 90% of my games)

#107 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I will third Mark of the Ninja. I had a hard time picking up Dishonored after playing that, maybe because they are both stealth games, so I am going to say Dust, Broken Sword, and Far Cry 3 for the others.

#108 motoki

motoki

The sun made me do it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Posted Image

#109 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Oh Jessica, you naughty minx...

Been slacking off with Bioshock 2 since when I managed to grab an Xbox wired controller, so I've been doing all kind of stupid things in Sleeping Dogs... gotta pull myself together and start working on some story missions here and there, at least!

I hope the controller will help me return to Deadlight too, as bad keyboard controls was one of the excuses I made up in my mind to commit myself to other games in my list. I'm torn about that one: atmosphere and environments are top notch, but gameplay started to feel dull after a handful of minutes... I felt the same with Limbo's second half, but Deadlight was like this right from the start. Anyway, I'll man up and reach the end of this bad boy too 8-)

#110 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Oh Jessica, you naughty minx...

Been slacking off with Bioshock 2 since when I managed to grab an Xbox wired controller, so I've been doing all kind of stupid things in Sleeping Dogs... gotta pull myself together and start working on some story missions here and there, at least!

I hope the controller will help me return to Deadlight too, as bad keyboard controls was one of the excuses I made up in my mind to commit myself to other games in my list. I'm torn about that one: atmosphere and environments are top notch, but gameplay started to feel dull after a handful of minutes... I felt the same with Limbo's second half, but Deadlight was like this right from the start. Anyway, I'll man up and reach the end of this bad boy too 8-)

The gameplay of Deadlight really is pretty meh, but the story and everything was pretty solid I thought, so that kinda made up for it. Luckily its only like 2 hours long too, but if you really hate it I can pick something else for you.

Also been playing a little more Aliens, and its actually growing on me a bit so thats surprising.

#111 JustYourAverageJoe

JustYourAverageJoe

Dances With Deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I vote for Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, Dust and I am Alive. With your limited gaming time I wanted to only pout one game that could turn into a time sink (Dishonored) even though it can also be beaten quickly as well.

Also started Aliens CM coop with a buddy of mine. Its really not as great as I (and every other Aliens fan) had been hoping but its a serviceable, hectic coop shooter. Looking forward to trying it with more than 2 humans playing to see if the difficulty gets ramped up and because I imagine humans will be much smarter than the partner AI

I'll go with:

Dust (because it's not a PC game and I don't own a 360 but I'm genuinely curious to hear about it)

Broken Sword (Love a good adventure game, says the guy currently playing Murder She Wrote :lol:)

Mark of the Ninja (btw I really should play that myself)

Dishonored (ditto the above and for 90% of my games)

I will third Mark of the Ninja. I had a hard time picking up Dishonored after playing that, maybe because they are both stealth games, so I am going to say Dust, Broken Sword, and Far Cry 3 for the others.

Thanks for the picks, guys. :) Thankfully there was plenty of consensus, which makes this easier. The 4 I'll be going with are:

2. Broken Sword
3. Mark of the Ninja
4. Dishonored
Bonus Round: Far Cry 3

Since I'm about 1/2-way through Dust, And have a fair amount of progress in Far Cry 3, I've made that a bonus 5th game. I'll try to remember to post a more thorough review when I'm done with Dust, Motoki, but general impressions so far are very very positive. The animation is spectacular. If/when a PC port comes, I'll Day 1 it again.
Posted Image

#112 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Arg. Shank will be the death of me. I love the graphics, storyline, etc. But these controls make me want to punch a baby. I'd love the game if it wasnt for them. Its taken me forever to finish.

#113 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

Shank = complete! This game could have been amazing if not for the controls. Do they get better in 2?

#114 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

Luckily its only like 2 hours long too, but if you really hate it I can pick something else for you.

Absolutely not! Controller did really make the difference, so I'm planning to jump on and finish it between a fight club match and a karaoke evening in Sleeping Dogs... that game truly made me wish for a Mafia III packed with the same amount of activities!

#115 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Shank = complete! This game could have been amazing if not for the controls. Do they get better in 2?

Nice job! I have heard that the controls in 2 are better. I actually suggested that game because it was the same people who made Mark of the Ninja, which was really awesome, and I figured those would be cool.

#116 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

I played Shank and Shank 2 basically back to back during end of December/Beginning of January and thought they were pretty cool. The controls could get pretty annoying, but the style and graphics were right on.

I started Machinarium last night and it makes me feel pretty stupid at times. It says I've logged 78 minutes, but I definitely didnt make that much progress. And I'm only playing Colonial Marines coop so the progress on that depends on getting on the right schedule with friends, and I havent played Batman in a little while but that game is so good, I gotta start making a serious dent in this thing.

#117 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Well, on level 8 of 11 on FEAR and enjoying it. I think my only gripe is the lack of variety in weapons. Seems like I've been using the same set of weapons for most of the game. I guess it's realistic to an extent, but at the same time this is a game about the supernatural so I don't need to live the lie of limited weapon choices. Almost done with Gemini Rue, great game.

#118 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Just finished Machinarium. Got stuck quite a few times and definitely used a walkthrough on quite a few points. Theres just some puzzles I would have never gotten on my own. On to playing more Aliens and Batman to try and finish off the 4

#119 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Deadlight is unexpectedly growing on me: despite some funky platforming, the story smells of win and really pushes me to go on. I really dig the Walking Dead-esque style adopted during cutscenes, too. I'm almost at the end of Act 2 and I've been told that there are 3 acts in total, so I hope to complete it by tomorrow at the latest.

One of my gripes is that the game feels put together in a hurry: some levels are rather well spread and deserve a certain degree of exploration, while others are short and crammed with unlockables "hidden" a few pixels apart from one another. I wasn't obviously expecting a full fledged Metroidvania with zombies, but I kinda wish they'd put the same level of care and effort in level design as they did while crafting its lore and environments...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#120 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Glad you're starting to enjoy the game Junpei. I'm really enjoying Batman and Aliens, and may actualy get a little more time today after work to put into them. As a bonus game for myself I am trying to also beat Assassin's Creed Liberation on the Vita, and for the next month challenge (March Metagames?, Mad Dash in March?, whatever it ends up) I think I will try to toss in a console game into my 4 as well (maybe save Dead Space 3 for that actually)