Four in February

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#121 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Finished up Bastion. Seriously. Why didnt I play this sooner? I loved it. Might play it again soon.

#122 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

My vote goes to Mowing March and Achieving April ;)

And yes, I'm totally up for console games this time: my XBLA backlog is HUGE and I want to chew onto Arkham City's story mode, so I think that I will include at least two Xbox games in my next list... let's show some console love! :D

Oh, I beat Deadlight too. I actually went the extra mile and searched for all collectibles (with the help of a guide here and there) but man, the last act really gave its best in terms of bad platforming and low reactivity... the only achievement I'm missing in which you need to complete the game from start to finish without dying is insane! However, the story held up well till the end, and while being very cliché it was entertaining to follow.

Overall, a fun game which can be very frustrating at times. I hope to hear more from Tequila Works soon... :)

#123 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

yeah, I have gotten rid of most of my physical 360 and ps3 games but i have a decent digital backlog on both as well, so it will be good to get some of those out of the way.

Just finished Batman Arkham Asylum. Very good game, and looking forward to playing Arkham City, which will probably be for April. So that just leaves Colonial Marines to finish for the month, then maybe try to finish a bonus game

#124 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

So I totally suck and haven't finished a one yet. I'll probably be able to get through Murder She Wrote and Blackwell and maybe Portal but Puzzle Quest has something close to 600 puzzles so probably not gonna happen and I'm pretty sure barring me moving to a deserted island tomorrow with electricity, a computer, no internet access and just that one game on my hard drive that Arcanum isn't going to happen either.

I really like the idea of this but I guess I am just a good collector of games but a lousy player of them. :oops:

steam_sig.png

#125 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I don't see myself getting above my 50% completion of this months goals. I haven't started Chronicles of Riddick, and Dustforce isn't really drawing me in the same way Super Meat Boy did. Hopefully I can free up some time in the next week to attempt at least one of them, but I think they both will end up in a "maybe some other time" pile that I never touch but can't let myself uninstall.

#126 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

So I totally suck and haven't finished a one yet. I'll probably be able to get through Murder She Wrote and Blackwell and maybe Portal but Puzzle Quest has something close to 600 puzzles so probably not gonna happen

You mean Puzzler World?

I figured that one wasn't really a finish it sort of game, more of a nice change of pace for whatever else was going on.

#127 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yes Puzzler World. That is what happens when you are rushing typing a reply while also rushing typing a reply on Reddit at the same time about how Puzzle Quest 2 is a decent game to use the NEW299 code on at Big Fish. :-P

#128 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

I think Batman is going to be my downfall. Just cant get into this game

#129 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

No big deal if you dont finish the games, I initially didnt think I'd get them all done (especially with Psychonauts as one of the games before) but Batman ended quicker than I thought and I totally cheated my way through Machinarium with a walkthrough whenever I got stuck at all, so barring any setbacks with getting together with my coop partner to play Aliens it looks like I'll get all 4 done. On the plus side, if you try as part of your four and dont like it at least you know and it can basically be mentally discarded from your backlog (why play something you wont enjoy right?)

#130 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

I think Batman is going to be my downfall. Just cant get into this game

Really? I just played it as part of my 4 and loved it. I heard Arkham City is even better so looking forward to that, just want to give it a month or so

#131 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Really? I just played it as part of my 4 and loved it. I heard Arkham City is even better so looking forward to that, just want to give it a month or so

Not sure what it is thats not catching my interest. I've only played about an hour though

#132 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

Not sure what it is thats not catching my interest. I've only played about an hour though

I think I remember it taking a bit to get into when I played it on 360. Once I got pretty good at being stealthy and brawling, it got a lot better.

At this point, you have beaten 4 games, so Batman is extra.

76561198026637637.png

#133 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Finished The Cat Lady.

A good game, and an excellent piece of literature.

#134 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Finished The Cat Lady.

A good game, and an excellent piece of literature.

Just in time for Groupees to announce that it's the mystery game they are adding to their current bundle. ;)

steam_sig.png

#135 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

Since I'm only playing Aliens Coop I needed something to play single player so I started Condemned Criminal Origins. Its not bad so far, kinda dated a little bit, but great atmosphere. Hoping to finish it and Aliens before the end of February

#136 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

By the time I saw this thread, I had already finished 2 games in February, so I decided to do the challenge with games I picked. Proud to say I finished my 4 just an hour ago. They were Spec Ops: The Line, Sonic Generations, Borderlands 2, and Fallout New Vegas (The Mr. House Ending). For FO:NV, I started from the beginning and decided I'd be done once I finished the House ending since I had never played that one.

February was a good gaming month for me since school started out pretty slowly and I am taking less credits than normal.

fs_overall.png

#137 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

By the time I saw this thread, I had already finished 2 games in February, so I decided to do the challenge with games I picked. Proud to say I finished my 4 just an hour ago. They were Spec Ops: The Line, Sonic Generations, Borderlands 2, and Fallout New Vegas (The Mr. House Ending). For FO:NV, I started from the beginning and decided I'd be done once I finished the House ending since I had never played that one.

February was a good gaming month for me since school started out pretty slowly and I am taking less credits than normal.

Jesus, way to make everyone here look bad lol. New vegas and borderlands 2 are basically bigger than any other game played by anyone, and you beat them both

#138 page305

page305

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Okay, I'm in if someone needs a partner. All I ask is:

1) Don't pick a bad game to be a ****... I have a bunch that came with bundles that I don't want to play.
2) If they are part of a series, pick them in order, or just leave them. (IE: Don't pick Bioshock 2 without Bioshock 1... ME2 w/0 ME1 etc etc)

This will have to be for March, can't do 4 games in the next 7 days. :D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dustiestcaliber/

#139 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Jesus, way to make everyone here look bad lol. New vegas and borderlands 2 are basically bigger than any other game played by anyone, and you beat them both

To be fair, FO: NV was mostly focused on the main story and a few relevant side plots. I think it was about 17-20 hours. But yeah, I had a lot of free time these past few weeks.

fs_overall.png

#140 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

The question is do we switch partners for March or do we keep the same pairings? There seems to be benefits to both options

#141 Broken Cage

Broken Cage

Don't Start Trouble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

I think this is a good idea, but I'm going to just see how many games I can finish in the month of march. I figure I'll start with the shortest and work my way up to the longest. Should hopefully burn up a bunch of the indie games in my backlog if nothing else.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I blog about playing video games: www.heavyattack.com

#142 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

Finished up Aliens tonight. Actually started to really enjoy it towards the end so kinda sad to see it be over. Starting up something else coop tonight so maybe can get that done in February as well

#143 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Okay I am going to have to make a Detour because Raptr is giving away Dead Island if you have a high rank in another zombie game so I'm going to get started on Walking Dead.

Also, I kind of got hooked on a hidden object game from Big Fish that they gave me a free beta version on and then I bought the released when it came out, plus I've been trying to finish up The Cat Lady and I've been playing a tablet Match 3 game as well so yes I have been getting sidetracked.

I don't know that I'll get any of my Four/Five done but on the plus side I've in general been playing games more than usual lately so that's something.

steam_sig.png

#144 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Finished up BioShock. Boo ya: 4/4.

This was totally awesome, and it is great to see people get to enjoy games that I enjoyed.

Another thing I did this month was set up my backlog on backloggery, and it is scary:

http://www.backloggery.com/drsasquatch

Anybody else use backloggery?

76561198026637637.png

#145 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

This was totally awesome, and it is great to see people get to enjoy games that I enjoyed.

Another thing I did this month was set up my backlog on backloggery, and it is scary:

I use the site. It is indeed scary to see how many games you have unbeaten, but I like it for the ability to see when I'm buying to many games. Here's mine:

http://www.backloggery.com/jugglenaut

I like the idea of trying to change up the challenge every month a bit, whether it's beat the most games, or maybe picking a few genres to beat in a month, or something. As a joke I was thinking for March we could have everyone play a game that involves some sort of political drama for the first half, then after the Ides of March befall us, we could switch over to straight out war games. Less genre specific, but something moreso focused on what kind of stories we could get each other to play. Either way, I'm carrying Chronicles of Riddick into the next month.

#146 Dr Sasquatch

Dr Sasquatch

Trivial Hirsute

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

I like the idea of trying to change up the challenge every month a bit, whether it's beat the most games, or maybe picking a few genres to beat in a month, or something. As a joke I was thinking for March we could have everyone play a game that involves some sort of political drama for the first half, then after the Ides of March befall us, we could switch over to straight out war games. Less genre specific, but something moreso focused on what kind of stories we could get each other to play. Either way, I'm carrying Chronicles of Riddick into the next month.

I like that idea a lot. It would be fun to have a group of games that a lot of us are going through, and including the Ides of March is fun, too.

76561198026637637.png

#147 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

I use the site. It is indeed scary to see how many games you have unbeaten, but I like it for the ability to see when I'm buying to many games. Here's mine:

http://www.backloggery.com/jugglenaut

I am completely down for this

#148 slofton

slofton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:08 AM

Congrats! You sir get a $15 dolla steam game of your choosing! Just pm me what you'd like!

#149 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

Completed two today, completing my four! Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, Resident Evil Revelations, Infamous 2, and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. Need a long break from games now.
"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#150 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

Those are pretty solid ideas. I think it would be cool to have a game or two that a bunch of people are playing around the same time. I do know that one of the games I'm going to want as part of my 4 will be the new Tomb Raider, and maybe Bioshock Infinite depending on how I'm doing when that releases, but I may just have that as part of April.