Chrome Malware Warning

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.cheapassgamer.com.

Content from www.qcksrv.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more

Clicking on the details link brings up this page:
What is the current listing status for www.qcksrv.com?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Google has not visited this site within the past 90 days.

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, www.qcksrv.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.
I'm also seeing a few other sites getting this warning and a quick search on Twitter shows that this is also happening a lot elsewhere, so I don't know if this is just a CAG problem or a problem with Chrome or the site in question.

Just got a warning from Chrome surfing CAG too:

Content from cm.netseer.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Come to report this, see that Frisky is miles ahead of me, as usual.

+1 to getting weird Malware warning (in Chrome) on almost every thread I click on. In looking at links posted and signatures, I'm not seeing anything that is standing out to me as the cause.

If someone gets this warning on a specific page, please paste the URL to that page here. I've checked over all posts, signatures, and user submitted content, and can't find any trace of that qcksrv url... and nothing in any of the pages linked in this thread so far. There's a chance that it was something submitted in a post that's already been removed and that the google warnings are cached from when it was first detected, since I believe it takes a while for those warnings to subside.

[quote name='John']If someone gets this warning on a specific page, please paste the URL to that page here. I've checked over all posts, signatures, and user submitted content, and can't find any trace of that qcksrv url... and nothing in any of the pages linked in this thread so far. There's a chance that it was something submitted in a post that's already been removed and that the google warnings are cached from when it was first detected, since I believe it takes a while for those warnings to subside.[/QUOTE]

Got the cm.netseer.com malware warning at this URL.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

I got it on this page too! It loaded and then quickly switched to the screen which said the below. I stopped it from loading to read this page.
These links have given me the message:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6333463
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337628
And a bunch of other ones!
OK, my member page too!

Content from cm.netseer.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion.

Is anyone with these problems using any of the following extensions?

"Allow Right Click 1.2.13" extension
"send using Gmail (no button)" extension
"Ruul" extension
"Yontoo" extension

I received the malware warning in Google Chrome Version 25.0.1364.58 beta-m. It referenced content from netseer.com. The only extension I have is "Add to amazon Wish List" version 1.0.0.10. URL was from bookmarks, www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/index.php . OS is Win 7.

If anything further can help you, let me know.

I'm no longer getting the warnings, but now none of the post buttons (bold, italics, links, quotes, etc.) work anymore. I can't do a quick edit of a post and a number of the images in the forum listings aren't showing up, which messes with the formatting of the forums/User CP. I'll check if they work in Firefox or if this is another Chrome bug.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']My background is white.[/QUOTE]

Same here. The formatting of the entire site has gone bonkers for me since I signed on about an hour ago. I am viewing in FireFox.

It might be my signature. I was asked to remove it on another forum due to malware messages. I have no idea how a picture is malware, but I'll remove it if anyone thinks it's the problem.

Edit: Well, I removed it just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back