Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/3 to 2/9)

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#91 nas6034

nas6034

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

Everyone check the games your wanting to trade in, BB updated the base values, Madden and Fifa went from 16 to 12.

Maybe they are reverse mind effin' us by lowering the value today and upgrading it sunday with the 100% bump so it looks like they're awesome.

#92 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:18 AM

I honestly think they're both still over priced.
PS3 might look like a little bit of a better deal if I didn't already have a blu ray player. It'll be nice if they'll both just drop the price rather then adding more and more shit to keep the price the same.

#93 Kromis

Kromis

Für das Vaterland!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

I read "Crystal" and "White" and I immediately thought of meth.

#94 pvtpyle

pvtpyle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

I'm guessing they dropped the prices in anticipation of the 100% bonus. I was looking at Far Cry 3, which had a $30 value yesterday with the 50%. Now it is $14, so with 100% its $28. This has been the theme for me over the last couple months. Generally the 100% trade is actually about $1 to $4 lower than the 50% trade

#95 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

i wanted RED PS3 with GOD of War Collection :)
"Evil is Funs"

#96 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

It might be worth buying for $20 (if this is true)... I think it's a possibility that it could hit $10 later this year, though, with new consoles coming.

#97 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

I'll take cheapy as a more reputable source than examiner. can't believe Halo 4 for $19.99 fucking crazy. It'd sell just as well at $29.99, even at $34.99. GTA IV could be found for $20 for a while. Borderlands 2 at $20 is also somewhat surprising. $24.99 would have been fine.

I'd buy another copy of Halo 4 for $19.99. I wouldn't buy Borderlands 2 at $20 considering the GOTY edition is coming out later in the year. Then I'll wait for that to hit $20. ;)

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#98 Xombie007

Xombie007

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

i thought they only do pricematching not bonuses/bundles.

Yeah, that's usually the case. However, if you get a cool employee and a cool manager willing to do the necessary overrides, you can come away with some pretty slick deals. During the holiday sales period, I noticed that many retailers were willing to be quite flexible with their price-matching policies. Not so much now that the holiday season has passed. Still, it doesn't hurt to try I suppose.

#99 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

For those wondering. This is what Josh is doing now.

http://frontburnr.com/

Best of luck to him. I hope they succeed.

So that's where he is...
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#100 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:07 AM

What's funny is that an error for a bunch of MSRP value games will wind up being bigger than the sale.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#101 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

I'm guessing they dropped the prices in anticipation of the 100% bonus. I was looking at Far Cry 3, which had a $30 value yesterday with the 50%. Now it is $14, so with 100% its $28. This has been the theme for me over the last couple months. Generally the 100% trade is actually about $1 to $4 lower than the 50% trade

For me, it's pretty nice. Ghost Recon Future Soldier and Max Payne 3 have both went from $9 to $10, and that's basically the price I bought them at, so not bad at all.

#102 orion1998_1

orion1998_1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

I'm holding out for the God of War bundle in March

in if its red and red controller!

#103 anarch

anarch

And all that could have been...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

That's a good deal, though I just found a Black Friday PS3 bundle at Target today...

in if its red and red controller!

It is.

#104 Hammer.exe

Hammer.exe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

If AC3's TIV with 100% holds up to $30 or so, I think I'll drop it on Bestbuy. Can sell my steelbook for a quick $10-15 off hand, and I'll have profited from my Black Friday price. Here's to hoping.

#105 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

heads up for those of you that want the red gow console bundle...the games will most likely come in CARDBOARD sleeves, not their actual ps3 game cases. i bought the super slim 250gb medal of honor/god of war collection bundle in december. my ps3 crapped out and i was off work with a broken arm for a month so i needed a new ps3 asap for netflix, blu rays etc since i was layed up. the games came in cardboard sleeves... i wasnt very pleased.

the white ps3 is beautiful by the way. my gf just picked it up the other day from target. gonna do a return/rebuy so she can get the giftcard.

#106 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Fixed the date.

Batsugunner.png

#107 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

A PAID year subscription that gives you FREE games...meaning you have to PAY to get access to them. Also Blu-ray players are certainly much cheaper now. As for this being overpriced, I think it is, not because of what the ps3 gives you but the build quality is much cheaper than previous ps3's yet they charge more rather than dropping the price. Lame.

You don't have to pay for them for the first year... and subsequent yearly subscriptions are no more then $50 (currently you can get 15 months for $50). How much is MSRP on a live subscription? What type of free content do you get? Can you do anything online without a live subsctiption? No??? oh... what a great value.. you have to have a "paid subscription" just to use basic features....

#108 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

You don't have to pay for them for the first year... and subsequent yearly subscriptions are no more then $50 (currently you can get 15 months for $50). How much is MSRP on a live subscription? What type of free content do you get? Can you do anything online without a live subsctiption? No??? oh... what a great value.. you have to have a "paid subscription" just to use basic features....

:lol:

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#109 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Which Skylander is that again?

Lmao

#110 fac ownage

fac ownage

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

shocked noone is pushing fire emblem anywhere

its because most retailers dont knoe a thing about gaming. i bet some old bastard manager saw it and thought "fire emblem? wtf is this anime crap" and shoved it to the back of the stock

#111 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Tivs took major hit :( far cry 3 went down from getting 30 to like 24

#112 henhowc

henhowc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:46 PM

If AC3's TIV with 100% holds up to $30 or so, I think I'll drop it on Bestbuy. Can sell my steelbook for a quick $10-15 off hand, and I'll have profited from my Black Friday price. Here's to hoping.

tiv is slightly worse with 100% than with 50% as they dropped base TIV from $17 to $12 in the past week :|

#113 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Dragon Quest VI is on clearance, so it counts toward the B1G1 40% deal.

Batsugunner.png

#114 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Bah... would have been nice if the B1G1 was for games up to $30.

Dragon Quest VI is on clearance, so it counts toward the B1G1 40% deal.

This is a TRU clearance thread here? I remember there used to be one but then TRU cut back on their clearances and something and I haven't followed them since.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#115 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

This probably isnt the best place to ask this, but has anyone else had trouble renewing their gamer club unlocked? when they scan my card to renew it, it puts to recieve digital copies of the magazine instead of physical, and employees cant figure it out.

#116 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

This probably isnt the best place to ask this, but has anyone else had trouble renewing their gamer club unlocked? when they scan my card to renew it, it puts to recieve digital copies of the magazine instead of physical, and employees cant figure it out.

The magazine is switching to digital-only. In another thread, a guy said that this month's issue is the last physical issure, therefore, it wouldn't surprise me that they aren't allowing physical magazines to be selected.

#117 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

which skylander is that again?

new $40 skylander i want it
Posted Image

#118 SangesTheLurker

SangesTheLurker

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Everyone check the games your wanting to trade in, BB updated the base values, Madden and Fifa went from 16 to 12.

You do realize that, after bonus(es) those are worth the exact same amount, right? I mentioned pretty much the same a handful of posts above. Granted, this doesn't apply to everyone's games as mentioned by others, but yours... it does.

$16 + +50% = $24 |&| $24 = +100% + $12

25u01gl.gif
I think I may have a problem...

#119 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:42 AM

Might pickup the Camo/Warnado/Ignitor triple pack for 19.99
Posted ImagePosted Image

#120 NzumbeKiller

NzumbeKiller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

The magazine is switching to digital-only. In another thread, a guy said that this month's issue is the last physical issure, therefore, it wouldn't surprise me that they aren't allowing physical magazines to be selected.

I didnt know that, and apparently neither did the managers at that store, but thanks for telling me. Sucks because I am fond of getting the magazines in the mail.