Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

The Half Price Books Thread - Coupon Week (40% off 7/14-7/15 - 50% off 7/20)

• Please log in to reply
416 replies to this topic

#61 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

Just saw a couple of copies of :pc: "The Witcher Enhanced Edition" priced as a "Super Buy" for $4 at a HPB today. I bought it for $9.99 plus 15% off calendar coupon, but it was more than 30 days ago, so no PM for me.

#62 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:25 PM

Just saw a couple of copies of :pc: "The Witcher Enhanced Edition" priced as a "Super Buy" for $4 at a HPB today. I bought it for $9.99 plus 15% off calendar coupon, but it was more than 30 days ago, so no PM for me.

I've seen that once too so may be a trend more than one store is following.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#63 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:17 AM

Is the coupon specific to the day good on anything? Or select items?

#64 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

I got Mega Man Legends 2 from the store near me for $5 bucks. Opened, but still.

Someone took Blasto though. Been wanting to play that since I was a kid. Oh well

#65 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Coupons just showed up in my inbox. Happy hunting everyone!

#66 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

Is the coupon specific to the day good on anything? Or select items?

Good for any single item (highest priced). Sometimes the checkout person may let you use it on multiple items, but YMMV.

#67 BSiegel

BSiegel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

Just got mine! Can't wait!!!

#68 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Will add coupons to op when I get home

Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#69 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Is anyone willing to PM me to confirm that the coupons are universal? The link they sent for the direct one is surprisingly complicated this time around. I figure anyone willing to just PM me the number under the 20% barcode? Who cares about that one anyway right?

#70 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

Never mind, I found generic ones on their facebook. Adding to OP now.

#71 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

Already got all the stuff I want on hold. ^__^

Is anyone willing to PM me to confirm that the coupons are universal? The link they sent for the direct one is surprisingly complicated this time around. I figure anyone willing to just PM me the number under the 20% barcode? Who cares about that one anyway right?

They're always universal.

Even ones that aren't sent to everybody in emails can still be used at all stores.

For example, I've used coupons that were for store openings in a completely different state, but still able to use them at the stores around me even though the coupons were never put online anywhere, but was sent to my friend, and I just printed them out and used them without having them needing to override anything. They were a bit puzzled why there was a coupon, but I basically told them it was a new store opening celebration, and they were like "Oh."

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#72 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

Already got all the stuff I want on hold. ^__^

They're always universal.

Even ones that aren't sent to everybody in emails can still be used at all stores.

For example, I've used coupons that were for store openings in a completely different state, but still able to use them at the stores around me even though the coupons were never put online anywhere, but was sent to my friend, and I just printed them out and used them without having them needing to override anything. They were a bit puzzled why there was a coupon, but I basically told them it was a new store opening celebration, and they were like "Oh."

Coupons looked different this time which is why I was wondering. The ones I got in my email were definitely different than the ones listed on the HPB Facebook.

40% tomorrow!

#73 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

in some cases, you don't even have to have a visual rep of the coupon. I had a situation last year where the cashier ask if I had the coupon and I said no, but he rang it up 40% off anyway.

Really these sales are the only way to shop there. Sometimes things are priced right, but most of the time it is really expensive. the trade in value is horrid. I refuse to take things in any more after my last trip. Gave me 8 dollars for a gang of items (guides, books, dvds and a couple games). Funny thing is I went yesterday to have them hold a few things and the one guide i traded was for sale...9.99

I did find a copy of Hitman HD yesterday, 29.99 but did not have them hold that. Maybe tomorrow I will stop by and change my mind on that.

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Updated List- Come Buy My Stuff Cheap!

#74 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:22 PM

Funny thing is I went yesterday to have them hold a few things and the one guide i traded was for sale...9.99.

Imagine that, they gave you less money than they intended to try and sell it for...

#75 Darmonde

Darmonde

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Do all HPB locations let you put any item on hold? It seems contrary to how this sale is set up. Why would they let you hold 1 or more items and wait for the 50% off day, when someone else may just buy the item at only 20% off?

#76 PapaSmerf

PapaSmerf

Central Scrutinizer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Do all HPB locations let you put any item on hold? It seems contrary to how this sale is set up. Why would they let you hold 1 or more items and wait for the 50% off day, when someone else may just buy the item at only 20% off?

This is YMMV. I have been turned down for a hold request and given the coupons as a reason, but most of the time they will still place a hold. It does not make much sense to refuse a hold, since technically one could make the purchase and return and rebuy with a coupon on the day it is valid.

#77 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I grabbed Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for GC. Was marked 70.00 but only 42.00 with the coupon. I don't like spending that much but considering where that price is going...
www.vg-force.com

#78 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Made my first trip already.

Going to be heading back later tonight on way back from class, then a couple times again tomorrow. ^__^

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#79 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

I stopped by my local HPB, to see if they had DS lites still in stock and an employee told me that a dealer came by right when they opened and bought them all. She also mentioned that he became irate when he couldnt pay for all of it on 1 ticket.

#80 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Yeah I stopped by this morning, didn't see anything gaming related I wanted. Did get a dvd of David Lynch's short films. Might try another store on the way home.

When I was there this guy was arguing with the cashier about using the coupon for two items. He started shouting that they told him on the phone he could do it as two transactions. Eventually they caved and let him do it. Poor cashier

#81 Lord Darias

Lord Darias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

My local 1/2 price books is really more miss than hit on games. I got for PS2 Smackdown vs Raw 2011, Star Wars Battlefront and Liberty City Stories all for $1 apiece in their clearance section. Also got LOTR:Return of the King for XBOX for $1. Got 2 Madden 12's, NHL 12, NHL 11 for PS3 all for $2 apiece in clearance the same day. I flipped the PS3 stuff at Mega Media exchange and Gamestop for cash and credit. This was a one time thing it seems as whoever prices games now is crazy. They've had 3 Xbox 360 Duke Nukem Forever all priced at 29.99 for weeks now. I haven't bought a game there in quite awhile due to bad pricing.

#82 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

I grabbed Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for GC. Was marked 70.00 but only 42.00 with the coupon. I don't like spending that much but considering where that price is going...

That is just crazy. I can't believe how much that game goes for. The person who traded that in probably got $5 for it.

#83 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Ya, through the roof. Not ideal but could have done a lot worse.
www.vg-force.com

#84 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

Ah, didn't see it was "In Store Only."
I have no HalfPriceBooks in my area, so I guess this deal isn't for me.... :cry:

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#85 sangredekrazy

sangredekrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

Thanks OP, I stop by HPB every once in a while and would love to get a nice coupon to bring with me.

#86 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

picked up a wii for $36. I might even go back on sunday to get it price adjusted to $30. Its one of the older backward compatible models; its one of the first ones to come out. Not too shabby.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#87 AionTelos

AionTelos

is PLUS ONE PIG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

picked up a wii for $36. I might even go back on sunday to get it price adjusted to $30. Its one of the older backward compatible models; its one of the first ones to come out. Not too shabby.

I thought all Wii's were backwards compatible?

#88 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:24 PM

Nope. Backwards compatability was taken out a few years ago.
www.vg-force.com

#89 ElectricStarshine

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I got a copy of Medievil Resurrection on PSP for $4.98. Good find.

#90 spamfree2

spamfree2

cheap but tasteful ;P

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:42 AM

I passed on a Wii + NSMB bundle + Music CD. I'm starting to wonder if I should have picked it up. It was 75.00 before 40%.