Ouya - Console Preorder Thread

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#91 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:30 AM

YouTube search:"OUYA Graphics and Performance Test".

It has Netflix and a web browser.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#92 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

So yeah, what exactly does this do? Play Fruit Ninja and Angry birds? Or can it actually play games like AC3 and Far Cry 3?

#93 kurrptsenate

kurrptsenate

HAW-DOO-TEN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

I'm probably going to get it for Twitch alone. The other stuff will just be a bonus.
Posted Image

#94 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

The only difference from the kickstarter is that the other controllers are more expensive?

Currently Playing -  

Recently Completed -    :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12

#95 caltab

caltab

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:40 AM

I cannot believe apple hasn't done this yet for iOS- it's probably only a meter of time. I think if apple made something lime this it would be a monster hit. I would buy the OUYA, but I'm too connected to iOS. When apple gets around to making this I could see games being universal with ipad and iPhone,

#96 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Ouya is currently promoted on the front page of amazon.com.

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #6 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
Rank #6 in video games out of the top 100 currently, in less than 24 hours.

#97 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I personally don't really see the point of Ouya...but then again, cell phone games are boring for me for most part...doesn't usually last me more than 2-3 hours

#98 TerraBemani

TerraBemani

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Woah woah woah.

Pier Solar HD??? Does that mean a confirmed release date for Pier Solar HD in June?????

#99 Kylearan

Kylearan

Hell Drifter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

June would be weird considering anticipated delivery of Pier Solar HD for other platforms is December 2013...but who knows?

#100 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

Hmm.. these retail models appear to be Black, but the Kickstarter model appears to be silver... Has there been a design change, or are regular Kickstarter backers getting an exclusive color after all?

#101 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

I'm actually kind of interested in this, but I don't think I'll be in just yet. Want to see feedback first.
Posted Image

#102 soliddragon

soliddragon

Early Adopter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

So many of these types of things coming down the pipe now:

GCW Zero - http://www.kickstart...gaming-handheld

GameStick - http://www.kickstart...es-console-ever

All very exciting!
'Give me, One more medicated peaceful moment'
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:ds: :360: :ps3: :3ds: :wii: :pc:

Spoiler

#103 luckycreature

luckycreature

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Im a kickstarter backer simply for no other reason than I grew bored with Sony & Microsofts constant barrage of fps shooters. Wanted some creativity.

#104 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

put my preorder in on amazon.... $90 shipped after employee discount

#105 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

I personally don't really see the point of Ouya...but then again, cell phone games are boring for me for most part...doesn't usually last me more than 2-3 hours

I don't understand why people can't understand, just because it uses a mobile OS doesn't mean it's going to all be mobile games. You'll probably see a bunch of quick ports of Android Market games, but the market is for games like you would expect to find on XBLA and PSN.

#106 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:37 PM

Im a kickstarter backer simply for no other reason than I grew bored with Sony & Microsofts constant barrage of fps shooters. Wanted some creativity.

There's plenty of creativity on both systems, and neither company puts out a lot of FPS games.

#107 supershammy

supershammy

Hand-rolled and ice cold.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

Get a PC. All kinds of weird stuff on PC. Then get an HDMI cable and plug it in to your TV. This is coming from the happy owner of a 360 and PS3, by the way.

#108 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

For those worrying it's just going to be a bunch of phone games, be aware that Double Fine is going to bring The Cave and their kickstarted adventure game to Ouya. The adventure game was already coming to Android, but The Cave (regardless of its faults) is interesting because I don't know that it would have come out on Android otherwise because although the platforming is fairly basic, I don't think it'd be much fun on a touchscreen.

#109 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Get a PC. All kinds of weird stuff on PC. Then get an HDMI cable and plug it in to your TV. This is coming from the happy owner of a 360 and PS3, by the way.

Ouya=100$

PC= At least 500$ if you want a decent setup.

100$ is pretty good for a emulator/streaming/media center machine.
Atheism is a non prophet organization

- George Carlin

#110 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Can someone explain this thing to me? I mean is it going to be kind of like iPhone games where you pay 99 cents for a game? Also is it going to be tied to an account or console? Stupid questions I know.

#111 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

The new Shadowgun game sold over a million copies on Google Play in less than two weeks since it's been out so don't be shocked to see shooters show up on Ouya too.

If anything, I expect Ouya to get more shooters than regular Android since developers will probably look at it as more of a console and less of a mobile device than most Android development seems to spur.

mdUFwSE.png

#112 Salamando3000

Salamando3000

For Good or for Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Can someone explain this thing to me? I mean is it going to be kind of like iPhone games where you pay 99 cents for a game? Also is it going to be tied to an account or console? Stupid questions I know.

The quick and dirty explanation: Take an iPad, remove the screen, hook it up to the TV, add a bluetooth controller, and price it at $100. That's essentially what this is. Only instead of buying stuff through iTunes, you buy stuff through the Ouya store, and instead of running off iOS, it runs off Android. Expect content to be tied to an account. Games that are strictly ports from the standard Android system will likely be in the normal mobile price range, but there's not much stopping someone from charging $20 an app....or more through in-app purchases.

To get a little more technical, there'll be other differences...i believe Ouya allows apps to use more ram since it isn't a multi-tasking device, and it's designed to be "hacker-friendly", but that's not information you'll really need.

#113 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

The quick and dirty explanation: Take an iPad, remove the screen, hook it up to the TV, add a bluetooth controller, and price it at $100. That's essentially what this is. Only instead of buying stuff through iTunes, you buy stuff through the Ouya store, and instead of running off iOS, it runs off Android. Expect content to be tied to an account. Games that are strictly ports from the standard Android system will likely be in the normal mobile price range, but there's not much stopping someone from charging $20 an app....or more through in-app purchases.

To get a little more technical, there'll be other differences...i believe Ouya allows apps to use more ram since it isn't a multi-tasking device, and it's designed to be "hacker-friendly", but that's not information you'll really need.

Thank you for that :)

#114 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

For those worrying it's just going to be a bunch of phone games, be aware that Double Fine is going to bring The Cave and their kickstarted adventure game to Ouya. The adventure game was already coming to Android, but The Cave (regardless of its faults) is interesting because I don't know that it would have come out on Android otherwise because although the platforming is fairly basic, I don't think it'd be much fun on a touchscreen.

I don't see how that would be a selling point to anyone. Both The Cave and the Kickstarter game are planned to be released on multiple platforms and The Cave can already be purchased on XBL and PSN, as well as PC, Mac, Linux and WiiU. It seems like anyone buying an Ouya will already have at least one of those platforms already and by the time Ouya hits retail, The Cave will already be months old. It really seems like too little too late.

#115 Kitoro

Kitoro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Any idea on the black color shown as opposed to the silver on Kickstarter, anyone? Very curious here!

#116 kart007k

kart007k

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

June 2013

http://www.amazon.co...rd_i=1001007241

Product Features
Includes: 1 OUYA wireless controller/Case: Sand-blasted Aluminum and Plastic
CPU: nVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad-Core / Memory: 1GB RAM
Dimensions: 75mm x 75mm x 82mm (2.9in x 2.9in x 3.2in) / Weight: 300g (10.5 oz)
Storage: 8GB Internal Flash Storage (expandable via USB Port) / USB: One USB 2.0 port, One Micro USB port
Connectivity: WiFi (802.11 b/g/n), Ethernet port, and Bluetooth / Output: HDMI (up to 1080p HD)
"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. " - Layer Cake

#117 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Msrp????
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#118 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

There's already one of these...

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=337740

#119 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

The one thing that bugs me about the Ouya is the limited internal storage. Like the Wii U it's depending on us plugging in a USB HDD, which increases the size of the whole thing dramatically in this case. The HDD will be larger than the console. I wish it had SD card slot instead. Maybe you can use a flash drive, but Nintendo discourages that, and I imagine they'll discourage that for the Ouya too, but I'm not sure.

#120 H3YN0W

H3YN0W

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

It's a Nexus 7 in a gaming console. Meh.