Best Buy Ad 2/10-2/16: Resident Evil 6 $19.99 | B2G1 Free Pre-Owned | 100% TIB

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#91 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Might as well get RE6. I have a $20 Reward Zone cert that will pay that off real nicely. I'm loving the Best Buy RZ Facebook app. 175 free points a week? Yes please.

Even better, you can assign 2 Facebook accounts to your Reward Zone account. So you can get 50 points a day that way.
Posted Image

#92 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Just search "Best Buy Reward Zone" on Facebook and there is an app that you log into with your RZ account. You can take a poll daily to get 25 points. Sometimes there's an extra poll for another 25 points.

you dont even need the app. just normal facebook.com on a regular computer will do i just checked. sad this takes like 2 seconds lol for 25 points.

thanks.

#93 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

you dont even need the app. just normal facebook.com on a regular computer will do i just checked. sad this takes like 2 seconds lol for 25 points.

thanks.

Yeah, facebook.com on a computer is the ONLY way to do it. It's a Facebook app.

Is there a poll every single day? Seems crazy, they would give you $5 every 10 days at that rate. I did it for a week and for some reason thought it was only for that week.

Yup, every single day. Every once and a while you can vote on a "Member's Choice" thing and get an extra 25 that day.

Even better, you can assign 2 Facebook accounts to your Reward Zone account. So you can get 50 points a day that way.

Good to know. Now it looks like my dog is getting a Facebook page.

#94 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:31 AM

well when you said app i assumed you meant smart phone so yea lol

#95 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

C'mon dude, I could understand shipping cost "killing" a deal, but tax, really? :roll:

For some of us tax is near or over 9%, OF COURSE it can kill the deal.
Tax has killed a lot of deals for me already, but it is happening less now since Amazon (along with other online retailers) started charging tax anyway.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#96 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

I don't know if this has been asked before but is the B2G1 online too?
Posted Image

#97 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Might as well get RE6. I have a $20 Reward Zone cert that will pay that off real nicely. I'm loving the Best Buy RZ Facebook app. 175 free points a week? Yes please.

God damn thats everyday? I did 2 once and thought I was done for a week. Thanks for the info.

#98 Dr. Para

Dr. Para

Mayor of Drunk Town

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

Have Reward Zone certs to burn so I'll prob grab RE6 for a friend who wanted it, that'll be a fun surprise though I feel bad enabling him to play what I hear is terrible but whatever. Also, huge thanks for pointing out the Reward Zone App thing on FB, gotta love free points.

Dr_Para.png

#99 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

Tax has killed a lot of deals for me already, but it is happening less now since Amazon (along with other online retailers) started charging tax anyway.

Sure, if you're buying a new 60" TV or something, but in this case you're talking about $20 versus ~$22. If that $2 is really breaking it for someone they're probably not that interested in the game anyways.

#100 tylerdurden10

tylerdurden10

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Sure, if you're buying a new 60" TV or something, but in this case you're talking about $20 versus ~$22. If that $2 is really breaking it for someone they're probably not that interested in the game anyways.

Exactly! :applause:

#101 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

RE6 was a huge let down. Broken in so many ways. Still it is RE and has some sort of draw to it. And with 4 campains plus other modes...it is long at least but it is a train wreck of an RE game imo.

#102 asianmentality

asianmentality

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I feel like I want to pick up re6 for the co-op experience, but after playing the demo it kinda gave me a headache. 20 bucks isn't that bad of a price, I just hope there's no gold edition or something coming out if I end up buying it.

#103 Hextech Raven

Hextech Raven

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:25 AM

Sweet! This makes me happy I didn't pick up RE6 yesterday at Wal-mart ($29.99) when my friend was buying his Wii U.

sig.gif

#104 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

I know this isn't really the place but there's no thread for next weeks ads in the DVD section.... So do you know what bestbuy is advertising the skyfall blu ray for?

#105 bombdrop77

bombdrop77

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:52 AM

I guess I should know this but how good are Best Buy's used games?

Do they sell them in stores?

Do the DS/3DS games have Cases and Manuals In Stores?

#106 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

I guess I should know this but how good are Best Buy's used games?

Do they sell them in stores?

Do the DS/3DS games have Cases and Manuals In Stores?

Most stores should have them, the supply might be tied into the amount of games traded though. They take disk only just like GS but you can look at them & see only thing is the used ones can't be returned once opened unless defective(no 7 day rental). You could always purchase & take it to CS to confirm the manual that's the only way to be sure.

#107 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

I know this isn't really the place but there's no thread for next weeks ads in the DVD section.... So do you know what bestbuy is advertising the skyfall blu ray for?

I can't find the link for where I saw it, but the Blu-ray+DVD combo pack will be $19.99.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#108 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:56 AM

I wasn't sure if I should ask this question in the BB or Target thread...

Does BB usually PM gift card promos? For example, Target's upcoming ad offers $25 GC with 3DS XL purchase... Will BB PM that, or YMMV?

#109 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Does BB usually PM gift card promos? For example, Target's upcoming ad offers $25 GC with 3DS XL purchase... Will BB PM that, or YMMV?

Generally no, but YMMV.

From Best Buy's Pricematch site:

Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

#110 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Generally no, but YMMV.

From Best Buy's Pricematch site:

Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat204400050011

this is true. another ymmv situation that could happen with a manager over ride is simply discounting the amount of the gift card from the price

#111 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

I played through RE6 and agree that it was more like a summer popcorn movie than a traditional RE experience. Still, it was fairly enjoyable and--as a previous poster mentioned--a lengthy game w/ some cool co-op opportunities. I wish Capcom would go back to the RE roots and give us another game in that vein, much in the way the original Dead Space filled that role a few years ago. It seems that as many survival horror franchises age, they get larger budgets and believe they have to move to more action sequences to entertain the ADD- and FPS-addled masses.

#112 csmason1

csmason1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

The second part of your sentence is exactly what I was going to say in response to your first part. Amazon started collecting TX tax in mid-'12, though you can still find some retailers (even some "Fulfilled by Amazon" retailers) who don't charge tax. Seems like those retailers and eBay retailers are the only high-profile sellers who don't collect state tax here in TX.

#113 WFOAssassin

WFOAssassin

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I regret buying RE6 but for $20, I would do it. I just am not that into it. Leon is the only one I had fun playing and I have yet to finish any chapter. Ill still get platinum though.

#114 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

it depends on your BB. The one near me will deduct $25 from the purchase but use that towards a BB gift card
Posted Image

#115 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

Why the hate on re6? I love RE and I know that RE6 wasn't like the others from their roots, but I think they were trying to do something new since technology now has advance so much. They put too much action (I dont like the scenes when u have to keeping hitting the same button. They overdid it)
For $20 isn't bad. Hopefully when they make the next RE game, that they would try to go back to its roots and balance it out with action too.

So i keep here maybe a gold edition? What DLC/add ons are released now that is for single player?

#116 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

I think Gold Edition is in the works. $20 for RE6 already? Something's fishy...
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#117 jmeredi

jmeredi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

I think Gold Edition is in the works. $20 for RE6 already? Something's fishy...

I get that feeling, too. Since I'm so busy with school ATM I'm just gonna scoop this up at $20 but leave it in its wrapping just in case a Gold edition comes out.

#118 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

What time does the sale start? I have my games in the cart ready to go. Also is there any way to get free shipping?
Posted Image

#119 jmeredi

jmeredi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

What time does the sale start? I have my games in the cart ready to go. Also is there any way to get free shipping?

Shipping is already free. At least it says it is before you add it to the cart. And I'm waiting just like you are for the price to go down.

#120 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Shipping is already free. At least it says it is before you add it to the cart. And I'm waiting just like you are for the price to go down.

Haha good and I'm glad I'm not the only one, my guess is that when the west coast hits midnight that's when the sale will start so in 3 hours :(
Posted Image