Best Buy Ad 2/10-2/16: Resident Evil 6 $19.99 | B2G1 Free Pre-Owned | 100% TIB

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#151 DeadbeatGa

DeadbeatGa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

ok so I went to best buy today to get RE6 via the trade in promotion (don't usually trade games in anywhere, but a few games I had covered the cost for it). Well, everything went smoothly and when I got home I turned on the xbox to throw in my new game and wouldn't ya know it- one of the games I traded in was still in the system. So basically they gave me 6 bucks for an empty dungeon siege 3 case.

now my question is- how would this affect me? would they call me when they find out? will I be barred from trading there again? my honesty wants to go take the game in tomorrow, but I am not sure I have time to with work and whatnot.

Any major problems this might cause me that I should be wary of? Still blown away at how the guy didn't check the games since the last time I went and did this there was heavy inspection of all my games...

When I traded in they took my license information. You should probably just go up and tell them you made an honest mistake. Better than having some stupid creditor come calling you one day out of the blue saying you owe best buy 6 bucks.
Posted Image

#152 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

Good for those who wants RE6

don't do it lol, I got it for $19.99 also after PM'ing. I played a little bit of it and it's not good. I'm going to try it again co-op but I am seriously doubting that I finish it.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#153 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

OMG I went to best buy today because I wanted to trade some games in towards a wireless printer which I did but it took forever to trade the games in. First I was standing by the register in the game section for like 10 minutes and nobody was working that register but three different managers walked up to me and said they would get somebody but nobody showed up. Then finally the third manager told me to go to customer service and do it even tho that best buy for some reason always sends me to the register in gaming and all the other ones I've traded in at does it at customer service. Anyway it took that girl in customer service like 30 minutes or maybe more to do my trade in and I only had three games. So it took me 45 minutes to an hour to do my trade in with waiting at that other register. Unacceptable, oh well at least I got a sweet new wireless printer I already got hooked up to my iPad. Now I can print things off finally like when I renew my @gamer coupons when it goes digital and cardinals tickets!!!

#154 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

ok so I went to best buy today to get RE6 via the trade in promotion (don't usually trade games in anywhere, but a few games I had covered the cost for it). Well, everything went smoothly and when I got home I turned on the xbox to throw in my new game and wouldn't ya know it- one of the games I traded in was still in the system. So basically they gave me 6 bucks for an empty dungeon siege 3 case.

now my question is- how would this affect me in the future? would they call me when they find out? will I be barred from trading there again? my honesty wants to go take the game in tomorrow, but I am not sure I have time to with work and whatnot.

Any major problems this might cause me that I should be wary of? Still blown away at how the guy didn't check the games since the last time I went and did this there was heavy inspection of all my games...

Yeah I'd go turn it in too, get a manager though and they might give you a $5 cert or something for your nice guy behavior lol

#155 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

don't do it lol, I got it for $19.99 also after PM'ing. I played a little bit of it and it's not good. I'm going to try it again co-op but I am seriously doubting that I finish it.

ive personally enjoyed the hell out of the 4 hours ive put into. im not understanding the hate for this game. its not a 9/10 or higher game but its certainly not bad and its by no means broken. and its miles better than RE5 especially your AI partner sure the AI partner cannot die and that is a cheap fix to the problems presented in RE5 but still that goes a long ways.

#156 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

RE5 is killer co op with a local player.. its one of the best co op games we've played here, even topping Borderlands.

#157 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

OMG I went to best buy today because I wanted to trade some games in towards a wireless printer which I did but it took forever to trade the games in. First I was standing by the register in the game section for like 10 minutes and nobody was working that register but three different managers walked up to me and said they would get somebody but nobody showed up. Then finally the third manager told me to go to customer service and do it even tho that best buy for some reason always sends me to the register in gaming and all the other ones I've traded in at does it at customer service. Anyway it took that girl in customer service like 30 minutes or maybe more to do my trade in and I only had three games. So it took me 45 minutes to an hour to do my trade in with waiting at that other register. Unacceptable, oh well at least I got a sweet new wireless printer I already got hooked up to my iPad. Now I can print things off finally like when I renew my @gamer coupons when it goes digital and cardinals tickets!!!

OhMerGawd.

#158 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Will wait for RE6 to hit $5 mark.
tl

#159 jedolley

jedolley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

My local Best Buy was 80% cartridge only in regards to DS/3DS games. Would I have better luck in Case & Game if I order online?

#160 MasaTFC

MasaTFC

Germany 2014 FIFA World Cup Champions!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Yeah I'd go turn it in too, get a manager though and they might give you a $5 cert or something for your nice guy behavior lol

well I went back and lets just say it was an experience. The person at customer service told me I could "just keep the game" as when they check the case at the warehouse it is the responsibilty of best buy and not me. basically, she told me that there was no way I would have it hit my credit score or any type of reprocussion on my part and that it would fall on the store/company. When I said I would like someone higher up to tell me that, she went in the back and came out 3 minutes later saying to leave my game so they could contact the warehouse and try and clear it up- insisting that it would not come back on me anyway.

long story short- trade empty case in at best buy? I don't know, I still have a bad feeling about it.:roll:

"The Absence of Evidence Is Not The Evidence of Absence"

Trading 360 Games for PS3 Versions/Other PS3 Games

#161 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

The three used games I want are in stock at 3 different stores...forget it. Also no guarantee they'll have the artwork.

#162 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

Want to pick up RE6 so bad at $20 but something is telling me to hold off.

#163 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

Same here...that something is the wife. =/

Picked up three 4.99 games just so I'm able to say I paid 3.33 each for a few retail games. Forgot about the generic case possibility from BB when I bought them though.

#164 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

Same thing for me feels like a gold version or complete version or something will be released by capcom soon. Mu local bestbuy has tons of thease in stock so i still have 5 more days to decide otherwise

#165 zyk

zyk

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

Going to Best Buy tomorrow to get some cheap headphones so might as well take a look at the preowned section. Hopefully I don't get asked "Do you need any help?" every minute because I have to look through their unorganized pre-owned section.

#166 mathyou

mathyou

Fart berries

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Historically, how long does it take for BB to list TIVs for new releases? I want to trade in Dead Space 3, but if its a crap deal I'd rather use eBay.

#167 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Going to Best Buy tomorrow to get some cheap headphones so might as well take a look at the preowned section. Hopefully I don't get asked "Do you need any help?" every minute because I have to look through their unorganized pre-owned section.

Those sections are fucking mess. I can't believe they just toss everything on the shelf like that. The fact that maybe 20% of the games actually have their cases doesn't make it any easier to shuffle through. I'd bet their used sales would go up if they'd at least alphabetize the games.

#168 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

Historically, how long does it take for BB to list TIVs for new releases? I want to trade in Dead Space 3, but if its a crap deal I'd rather use eBay.

$18 base($37.80 w/GCU)

edit:looks like $18 will the be base for new releases during the 100% since Aliens is the same. I guess it'll rise to $20-$24 when there's a 50%.

Edited by Enuf, 12 February 2013 - 09:05 AM.

#169 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

Same thing for me feels like a gold version or complete version or something will be released by capcom soon. Mu local bestbuy has tons of thease in stock so i still have 5 more days to decide otherwise

i say i rather enjoy it. if you are a fan of the series 20 dollars is a pretty good price point. or even 17.99 if you find it used at best buy and less with GCU

Those sections are fucking mess. I can't believe they just toss everything on the shelf like that. The fact that maybe 20% of the games actually have their cases doesn't make it any easier to shuffle through. I'd bet their used sales would go up if they'd at least alphabetize the games.

yes but their discs are like brand new!!!. though also to be fair who knows how much of that is best buy and how much of that are customers.

#170 KryllFood

KryllFood

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath for a RE6 Gold as valuable as RE5's...The most important part of RE5's DLC were the add-on campaigns. RE6 has yet to release any add-ons or even announced the fact that any were in development.
"Common sense isn't that common anymore..."

#171 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:46 PM

i say i rather enjoy it. if you are a fan of the series 20 dollars is a pretty good price point. or even 17.99 if you find it used at best buy and less with GCU

yes but their discs are like brand new!!!. though also to be fair who knows how much of that is best buy and how much of that are customers.

I know at the store in Woodfield, Illinois, it's Best Buy. I've been there many times and it's a total mess every time, plus the used games are mixed in with the "value" $19.99 games, so it's hard to tell which ones are even used.

#172 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Most of them are definitely resurfaced, not traded in like that.

#173 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

do u have to have an online code to play resident evil 6 online?

Nope. No online pass.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#174 tacoman132

tacoman132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Anyone have any experiences with ordering used games from Best Buy online? Tempted to pick some stuff up...not too big on the whole generic blank case + game though

#175 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Anyone have any experiences with ordering used games from Best Buy online? Tempted to pick some stuff up...not too big on the whole generic blank case + game though

In my online purchases, I never have gotten a generic case. I've only order 3 games from them, but each time the disc and box were in good shape and original.

#176 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

I've got more real cases than not but have got generic ones also. It's just luck either way. Discs have all been in very good shape. I think they resurface most everything.

#177 kayne2000

kayne2000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

i really wish gamestop resurfaced discs

#178 tacoman132

tacoman132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

^ Thanks for the help guys. Ill probably take the plunge on some pokemon games and hopefully they're not cartridge only! and I suppose returning them back to best buy is always an option too if they do come that way

#179 wpress

wpress

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

Gonna pick up RE6 with 2 certs- the Facebook Reward Zone poll is revolutionary

485872.png

PS4 Resells Available:

Watch Dogs

#180 kayne2000

kayne2000