Photo
- - - - -

iOS Jailbreak Thread

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#31 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Malik, What let you change the look of your status bar/icons? Also, what about the look of the folders?

edit: nm I think I understand. The Theme it app did most of it for you correct?

Edited by Cimpy101, 07 February 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#32 unveilmyeyes

unveilmyeyes

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Anyone regret jail breaking?

#33 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

The only issue for me is that when you "respring", it takes much longer than a full boot would take. Way longer. So it's kind of pointless. I am not sure if it would be safe to force a reboot after installing something that requires a respiring, but if that's safe it would be much faster. I might try it next time. I don't know if this issue is something that will be fixed, or perhaps if it's only happening on my iPhone.

Other than that, though, and it is relatively minor, I haven't had any issues.

#34 TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin

Formerly Graff^

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

That's not normal. Resprings are supposed to be relatively quick, that's the whole point... You might want to grab RespringCacheFix from rpetri.ch/repo, and maybe run iCleaner as well, you're probably junked up.

TheSporkWithin.png
Trade List 3DS Friend Code: 0731-4785-9484

#35 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

I think that RespringCacheFix may have messed things up. My iPhone seems to be in an endless reboot loop. I installed it, it resprung without any obvious improvement. I then manually did a respring and it seemed to have helped. It's a beta thng so I figured it had done its job and so I removed it. Now I'm booting endlessly. :(

EDIT: scratch that. It finally finished and I'm back up. It must have rebooted 3 or 4 times. But I'm not sure what's going to happen the next time I respring... So I just tried a respring manually again and it seemed to go much better. I guess it fixed it, at least outside if Cydia. Weird.

#36 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Anyone regret jail breaking?

How can you? You can always go back. I regretted buying my iphone5 so early pre-jailbreak.

#37 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

I jailbroke my iPad 2 last night. First time it's been jailbroken. So far so good. I installed RetinaPad, which is great. I also picked up Nitrous for it and my iPhone and it seems to work nicely (it gives all browsers access to the faster javascript that is in Safari - it definitely speeds up the browser in 1Password. Definitely worth a buck!)

Also I was happy to see that stuff purchased on one can be installed on the other without paying again. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of devices you can install purchased stuff on?

Edited by crunchewy, 08 February 2013 - 03:14 PM.

#38 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of devices you can install purchased stuff on?

I'm not sure, but so far I'm up to 4 devices over a 1-2 year span.

#39 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Malik, What let you change the look of your status bar/icons? Also, what about the look of the folders?

edit: nm I think I understand. The Theme it app did most of it for you correct?

It's the prestige HD theme.

#40 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Just a warning. If you install 5 item dock and before doing so have folders in your dock, installing that hack will blow your folders apart and drop everything after the 5th one onto your springboard. :( I had to folder up lots of junk so I could then respring and see all the icons that were now past the last page, then rebuild all my folders. What a pain. So take any folders in your dock out first, then install 5 item dock.

#41 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Whenever I try themes with icons, I'm always happy for a few moments, but then I see all the icons I have that aren't themed and then look terribly out of place. Theme removed

ThemeIconMaker in cydia will automatically apply the theme to those app icons you are talking about.

Also, PDAnet has been updated for iOS 6.

#42 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Is there a way to get verbose boot mode? I could have sworn I had that somehow in the past. Searching for "verbose" on Cydia just turns up a bunch of fake verbose boot logos.

#43 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Is there a way to get verbose boot mode? I could have sworn I had that somehow in the past. Searching for "verbose" on Cydia just turns up a bunch of fake verbose boot logos.

Don't think it's possible anymore

#44 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

Okay, I really need help. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fully edit my UI sounds. I used to be able to change the unlock and screen lock sounds but I can't find anything that allows me to do this now. iSound seemed like the answer but I couldn't figure out how to (if its even possible) pull my own sounds into the app to use them. Suggestions?

#45 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

So far, just PDANet, SbSettings, f.lux (loooooove the warmer tones at night), and a few emulators. Anyone know if there's an easy way to use a PS3 or Wiimote controller (or recommend a decent Bluetooth controller)? Considering turning our iPad 2 into a classic gaming machine.

#46 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

So far, just PDANet, SbSettings, f.lux (loooooove the warmer tones at night), and a few emulators. Anyone know if there's an easy way to use a PS3 or Wiimote controller (or recommend a decent Bluetooth controller)? Considering turning our iPad 2 into a classic gaming machine.

Blutrol let's you use a wiimote (and some others) on the iPad.

#47 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

Just installed photo organizer. Nice little tweak.

#48 DaFees

DaFees

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:54 AM

I'm rather new to the whole jailbreaking scene, so I was wondering is there any sort of jailbreak that lets me organize my photos in the photo app how I want them organized? I've looked at pro apps on the App Store but I am waiting for one of the ones of interest to go on sale first. I was thinking then this small but helpful tweak would be great. I have dozens of photos on my iPad and would love to better organize them so that other people who view them don't have to constantly keep rotating the device to get the right orientation for each picture.

Oh and it would be nice if this tweak/hack would let me continue to just use the stock photo app and not act as a completely separate app I must use.

I <3 :br:, my :ps3:, and my 46" Samsung HDTV
I am :error:

#49 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I'm rather new to the whole jailbreaking scene, so I was wondering is there any sort of jailbreak that lets me organize my photos in the photo app how I want them organized? I've looked at pro apps on the App Store but I am waiting for one of the ones of interest to go on sale first. I was thinking then this small but helpful tweak would be great. I have dozens of photos on my iPad and would love to better organize them so that other people who view them don't have to constantly keep rotating the device to get the right orientation for each picture.

Oh and it would be nice if this tweak/hack would let me continue to just use the stock photo app and not act as a completely separate app I must use.

Try photo organizer or Photo Albums+

#50 Cimpy101

Cimpy101

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

Anyone know if there's an easy way to use a PS3 or Wiimote controller (or recommend a decent Bluetooth controller)? Considering turning our iPad 2 into a classic gaming machine.

There's a wiimote demo app that has BTStack in it. It's free and that's what you want. I just used it to play some GBA stuff this weekend successfully.

After you install it, check your settings and go to the jailbroken section. You'll see BTStack. Enable it. For GPS phone, you must be on Skin #1. Enable wiimote support and then relaunch the app. SNES EX there's just an option you click to detect wiimote devices. That'll work

#51 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff, because I feel like my iPhone 4 is getting slower/jerkier. I see from iCleanup that many (all?) of these hacks have a daemon that runs. Was wondering if those daemons were causing the slow down. Plus since putting it on, decided that 5 icons in the dock looks weird. Have gone back to good old 4.

#52 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I just uninstalled a bunch of stuff, because I feel like my iPhone 4 is getting slower/jerkier. I see from iCleanup that many (all?) of these hacks have a daemon that runs. Was wondering if those daemons were causing the slow down. Plus since putting it on, decided that 5 icons in the dock looks weird. Have gone back to good old 4.

Those aren't daemons. They are mobile substrate addons. Yes. If you install something on the phone which performs a new function it must be accessible to the phone at all times. I haven't noticed any jerkiness or slowdown but I am on a 5. I'm sure iOS 6 alone on a 4 performs slower than previous firmware iterations (much like any mobile device in existence).

My inlaws both have a 4 and quite honestly using them is a chore compared to the 5. My kids have a 1st gen iPod touch and an iPhone 3G they play with and I avoid them at all costs.

#53 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think it seems a bit faster since uninstalling 5 icon dock, Action Menu/Plus Pack and Screen Dimmer. But the verdict is still a little out. And, yeah, the iPhone 4 isn't a speed demon on iOS 6, but it actually performs much better with iOS 6 than it did with iOS 5. iOS 5 was terrible on the thing. 6 is way better.

#54 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for bringing this back! Yeah! (For those that missed it, it was briefly deleted, but has been restored).

#55 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

Installed f.lux 2 days ago and it is an eye saver at night.

#56 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

What happened to SHSH Blobs? The iOS versions for which SHSH Blobs have been saved no longer appears at the top of Cydia. Is this no longer functional?

#57 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

I installed f.lux and its kind of interesting, but then shortly had my first crash into safe mode since jailbreaking. I just launched TweetBot (not a Cydia app) and *boom*. It's hard to say for sure it was f.lux, but it seems suspicious. I removed it for now at least.

#58 Gannikus

Gannikus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Still no autoprotect that's decent for ios6...well there is but it kills about 50% in just a few hours =(

Anyone know the app that changes the iphone lockscreen to the android one?
Buying 2.5 Sata HDD and Amazon Gift Cards!
Posted Image

#59 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

What happened to SHSH Blobs? The iOS versions for which SHSH Blobs have been saved no longer appears at the top of Cydia. Is this no longer functional?

Saurik temporarily disabled the capture of blobs due to heavy traffic on Cydia. He will re-enable it once traffic slows down and becomes manageable. He does this when traffic spikes are too much to handle. Being this is the largest influx of jailbreakers ever, it's hard to say how long before it's re-enabled. Could always try using tinyumbrella. I'm trying the latest version now and other than my iPhone 5, everything is still saving per usual (albeit they are saving 6.0 not 6.1 but I'm sure it'll grab those eventually).

#60 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

I installed f.lux and its kind of interesting, but then shortly had my first crash into safe mode since jailbreaking. I just launched TweetBot (not a Cydia app) and *boom*. It's hard to say for sure it was f.lux, but it seems suspicious. I removed it for now at least.

I have f.lux and tweetbot. No issues. You sure all your cydia apps/tweaks are iOS 6 compatible?